Thread: Tent Camping - Access In & Out of Fest

Default Tent Camping - Access In & Out of Fest

Hello all,

So I plan on getting to the fest Thursday to get in and set up my camping spot. BUT I want to go see Pulp play in Pomona that night. What are the ins and outs like?

If I'm already into the fest and have my camping spot setup Thursday, if I leave for the Pulp show but dont' get back to Coachella unil like 3am will I be ble to get in? Is there like a passcode or something? Any kind of limits on what times you can go in or out?

Another scenario is I might stay at a friends place in LA that night after the show. If I come back Friday and have already registered my camping spot will I have to wait in the same line others are using for first time camping entry? As in will I be screwed and have to wait in a huge line to get back in or is there a separate entrance for those who have already registered their camping spot?

This is my first time going so I'm not quite sure how the camping is set up. At State Parks, typically after hours, they may have some kind of gate / passcode so you can go in and out after hours.
    Just curious how Coachella works. I don't want to get stuck in line again on Friday if I come back that day instead of Thursday night. But if there is a separate re-entry for those who have already registered their camp spot and set up their tent that would be swell!

Thanks in advance my future Coachellan space brothers & sisters!

Default Re: Tent Camping - Access In & Out of Fest

...from the On-Site Camping Rules: http://www.coachella.com/travel-lodging/on-site-camping

- Early arrival is highly recommended. Cars can check in at 9am on Thursday until 2am, and starting at 9am FRI-Sun (until 11PM). 24 hours for pedestrians.

Lurker

Or wait 24 hours and catch them at Coachella? Just a thought.

Fuck the glass house.

Pulps at Fox.

Then the show may be worth the trip. Just skip any Glass House shows

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    ...from the On-Site Camping Rules: http://www.coachella.com/travel-lodging/on-site-camping

- Early arrival is highly recommended. Cars can check in at 9am on Thursday until 2am, and starting at 9am FRI-Sun (until 11PM). 24 hours for pedestrians.
    Thanks for the info. Lots of good stuff there but it still isn't super clear about late night ins and outs. Can we only leave the grounds and get back in during the hours they are accepting in the campers meaning til 2a on Thursday and 11p on Fri? I thought I'd read somewhere that you can leave the campgrounds 24 hours a day and come and go as you please. Is that true?

I just haven't been before so I don't know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by starryblake View Post
    Thanks for the info. Lots of good stuff there but it still isn't super clear about late night ins and outs. Can we only leave the grounds and get back in during the hours they are accepting in the campers meaning til 2a on Thursday and 11p on Fri? I thought I'd read somewhere that you can leave the campgrounds 24 hours a day and come and go as you please. Is that true?

I just haven't been before so I don't know.

Thanks!
    Pedestrians like yourself can come and go round the clock and will have a separate entrance to camping starting Thursday at 9AM through Monday 12PM. It's not listed anywhere on the site but my assumption is that Companion Tent Camping Parking will be open past 2AM so friends arriving later than 2AM can just park and walk to campsite.

Edit: Last year on Friday after the fest we went to a friends condo and came back to companion parking at 3:30AM and they let us park with our companion pass. You shouldn't have ANY trouble getting into companion parking on Thursday night or early Friday morning.
    Last edited by heyeric; 04-01-2012 at 04:42 PM.

At weekend 1, tent campers were pretty much allowed in/out with their cars 24 hours. In the case at hand, I would assume you could set up your tent, head to the show, and then be let back in. (Note that tent campers park directly in Lot 4A, skipping the whole car camping check in.)