Thread: Hard fi and OK GO for 2013?

Default Hard fi and OK GO for 2013?

Hard Fi came up on random and I just remembered how great the CCTV album was. Sorta miss their greatness. Anyone seen them live?

And OK GO seems to be putting out consecutively good catchy hits. Been a fan for like 3 albums. Think we could see either in 2013?
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Default Re: Hard fi and OK GO for 2013?

I was a big fan of Hard-Fi but from everything I remember reading about them was that they weren't that good live. Did they ever play at Coachella or did they cancel?

I've seen OK GO live twice. They were amazing both times! Good Choice.

Never played as far as I know. I've been following coachella since my first festival at lollapalooza in 2006.
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

OK GO is as gimmicky as Chromeo

Hard fi had to cancel their one scheduled appearance at Coachella a few years back
    they released a new album last year that received zero attention here in the US, even though it was a pretty decent record

I saw Hard Fi prior to the canceled show at Coachella in Atlanta. They were ok at best, the sound was fine but the issue was the singer tried to carry off this persona of big time ROCKSTAR and just failed at it. The bands presence was nothing that drew anyone in, if you really don't care about that then yes, live, they pull off what they put on record and it sounds fine.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

the OK GO set would be a bit difficult as they'd have to fit 700 young chinese acrobats on fire on the stage along with a giant roll of cookie dough which the acrobats would then cook during the set into the shape of the band members heads and then serve the cookies to the audience on plates balanced on their robot suit arms (while flying on jetpacks of course)

or something along similar lines sufficient enough to cause people to ignore the fact that their music isnt that good

Your imagination pleases me Dr. Parnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    or something along similar lines sufficient enough to cause people to ignore the fact that their music isnt that good

haha. There music videos are out of this world, but I think I agree. A few decent songs, but nothing spectacular. Just another like-sounding post modern alternative bohemian indie band.
    Coachella 2011 2012 and soon to be 2013

I saw Hard-Fi in a tiny club here in San Jose. CCTV is fantastic, but their last two haven't been nearly as good. There's some good tracks on Knights, but their third album is irredeemable trash. It was a struggle to get through it both times I listened.