Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING RAGE'S SET...I'LL TELL U....

Banned

Default WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING RAGE'S SET...I'LL TELL U....

ok there is alot of specualtion on rage's set and the intensity. here is what is going to happen. nothing but a good time. u have to understand something. Rage believes in speaking out loud and clear and making your voice and opinion heard. but they dont condone violence against each other. perfect example. after limp bizshit's set at woodstock. that crowd was outta control. trust me i watched the whole set from ppv and saw the guys going outta control onwomen just the sheer insanity. rage, before they came on lowered their volume and waited a while so the crowd could calm down.. im not saying it wont get crazy, but 3 days in the sun, its gonna be people being very tired. and also, most of the assholes will be rare and few. its gonna be more people who are excited and ready to rock so anticipate alot of intensity but its gonna be more a celebration of a great live band coming back, kind of like the pixies but with moshing at level 10!

Default Re: WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING RAGE'S SET...I'LL TELL U....

BUT there will be Rage fans who only come on Sunday, and will have the energy to get crazy. They are the ones spending $300+ for a Sunday ticket instead of buying a 3 day pass (when available).
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

I agree. There is all this hype on the board that this is going to be some major riot/unbelieveable once in a life time event. Not likely. While Rage have strong political views they are not about random violence which is what some people on the board have been promoting. When it comes down to it there is a reason Rage have always been on a major label, to make money.

Banned

well id rather see rage on a major label then some of these other ridculous bands. i understand saying im punk or underground seems cool to say. but if u act punk or act underground, you're not. always remember that.

Lurker

do any of you people own rages last preformance on dvd? after rage played at the democratic nat. convention there were near riots. riot squad was there shootting ppl w/rubber bullets.

That's because the DNC performance was a direct protest that was meant to get people riled up and angry. And then people then thought it would be fun to throw objects toward the Staples Center in retaliation. This time, people will be going for the music, and won't have a direct reason to get pissed off or act out any serious violence.

i saw ratm at dnc by staples... that was nutz

I heard they were just gonna do an impeachment human mural, like the Chili Peppers are doing for April 28. That would be cool. A riot...would not be cool.

What if it was a human mural where the mural is depicting a riot?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    I agree. There is all this hype on the board that this is going to be some major riot/unbelieveable once in a life time event. Not likely. While Rage have strong political views they are not about random violence which is what some people on the board have been promoting. When it comes down to it there is a reason Rage have always been on a major label, to make money.
    being on a major label gives you opportunities to bring your music and message to a larger number of people, since you have more at your disposal. rage was all about spreading the word, especiially at shows. when i saw them they had information booths alongside all the concession stands in the halls. so yeah, there for real. and who's dream isnt to make money doing what you love?? i know its mine.

furthermore, i think it will be a historical event, one which i have been waiting for ever since i left the forum in nov of 99 knowing that i just saw one of the most kick ass hard rock acts ever. april 27-29 is going to be, to say the least, amazing.

assclown.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    ok there is alot of specualtion on rage's set and the intensity. here is what is going to happen. nothing but a good time. u have to understand something. Rage believes in speaking out loud and clear and making your voice and opinion heard. but they dont condone violence against each other. perfect example. after limp bizshit's set at woodstock. that crowd was outta control. trust me i watched the whole set from ppv and saw the guys going outta control onwomen just the sheer insanity. rage, before they came on lowered their volume and waited a while so the crowd could calm down.. im not saying it wont get crazy, but 3 days in the sun, its gonna be people being very tired. and also, most of the assholes will be rare and few. its gonna be more people who are excited and ready to rock so anticipate alot of intensity but its gonna be more a celebration of a great live band coming back, kind of like the pixies but with moshing at level 10!

glad to hear it said right. I'm getting kinda tired of people bashing rage fans because of a few jackasses. 60 hrs one way for that militant poetry!!!

Not all Rage fans are the jackasses that want to riot. There will be a few people trying to start shit without having any real idea of why they are starting shit. I'm hoping the police save their rubber bullets(and gloves) for those morons.

I just realized it's been 7 years and this new RATM audience has no real knowledge of the band and its shows.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Quote Originally Posted by procket View Post
    I heard they were just gonna do an impeachment human mural, like the Chili Peppers are doing for April 28. That would be cool. A riot...would not be cool.

I'd like Bush out of office as much as the next guy, but doing a human mural would burn a big chunk of their set time?

the only thing i hope happens during rages set, is that i get close enough to get a good view and rock out with my buddy that is coming with me.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Yeah FUCKIN' HAND JOBS IN THE PIT!!

jesus fucken christ

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

YEAH! FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm wondering how many of the retarded Chili Peppers fans even have a clue as to the reason for the impeachment without using google.

probably zero

Coachella Junkie

Im just curiuos here...

Exactly what will you accomplish when you make a big human sign that says "I M P E A C H"?.....

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Im just curiuos here...

Exactly what will you accomplish when you make a big human sign that says "I M P E A C H"?.....
    It seemed like a good idea to the hippies when they were high.
    Ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Im just curiuos here...

it'll mean that anyone with a helicopter can read it
    'you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life'

which is very thoughtful
    'you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life'

I would love me some good rioting. Never been in one. Would be nice to chin check a couple obnoxious fuckers.

I'm definitely going to take out all of my piercings before their set.

I was one of the lucky ones to actually get a single day tic when they went on sale. Im gonna be hyped but not enough to be in a riot and have the chance of getting arrested in another state. I really think all rage fans will be on there best behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    I would love me some good rioting. Never been in one. Would be nice to chin check a couple obnoxious fuckers.

I'm definitely going to take out all of my piercings before their set.
    Woo hoo! Destruction of other people's property and stopping/ possibly ending Coachella forever! And let's not forget innocent people getting seriously injured/dieing! Bring it ON!

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Woo hoo! Destruction of other people's property and stopping/ possibly ending Coachella forever! And let's not forget innocent people getting seriously injured/dieing! Bring it ON!
    Sarcasm meter blew up. You owe me 5 dollas, nyuka.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by mrpingpong View Post
    it'll mean that anyone with a helicopter can read it
    Ah exactly! How could I have been so oblivious?

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post

I was there at woodstock for that shit. it was when the dude from limp biscuit (can't remember his name anymore) went into the crowd and everyone started pushing and pushing. It was pretty nuts, people were getting crushed. Rage did help calm things down though.

Quote Originally Posted by jugnick View Post
    do any of you people own rages last preformance on dvd? after rage played at the democratic nat. convention there were near riots. riot squad was there shootting ppl w/rubber bullets.
    Yeah it wasn't rage that made that happen.. people were tearing that area apart from the start of the convention.

I have a CD of their last performance, but not a DVD.