Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canuck Fans?

Hybrid View

Lurker

Default Canuck Fans?

It's shaping up for a first round series in the area, and I know we were out in strong numbers last year. Anyone planning on working a road game into their travel plans?
    I'll wait til after their set to pass judgements, really have no idea how it's going to be. If it features drum & bass, and no Skrillex, it's a win... If it's like the shows they've been playing recently, then yes, I'll ride my fixie to the art show and post hate messages via my Macintosh laptop while sipping on a really good local beer you've probably never heard of.

Default Re: Canuck Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

VigoTheCarpathian

CANADA: It's OK ya know because we have sponsors.

FUCK THE CANUCKS

old school

I remember some fellow Vancouverites last year having some score trackers on their smartphones that they'd check between acts and songs.

Boo! The fucking Nucks have notched two lucky-ass wins over my Avs in the last week that are probably going to keep us out of the playoffs. I hope you play Dallas in the first round and can't go to any games (What? Do I sound bitter?).

Quote Originally Posted by airforcefoo View Post
    Boo! The fucking Nucks have notched two lucky-ass wins over my Avs in the last week that are probably going to keep us out of the playoffs. I hope you play Dallas in the first round and can't go to any games (What? Do I sound bitter?).

dallas isn't going to the first round

Colorado is on the brink of having a damn good team. Maybe next year.

I agree. I really can't complain. The future looks bright, and this team has given me way more entertainment from this playoff chase than I had any right to expect. All we need is a full season of Varlamov playing as well as he has this month and a little more finishing touch around the net.

If the playoffs started today Dallas would play Vancouver in the 2-7 match-up.

Quote Originally Posted by airforcefoo View Post
    If the playoffs started today Dallas would play Vancouver in the 2-7 match-up.
    but they don't start today

i keep reading this as canafuck fans...
    am i dyslexic? give it to me straight doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

We'll see. They have two games with San Jose, and while I definitely would favor San Jose, I trust Lehtonen way more than Niemi.

Hopefully Luongo can pull it together this time around.

Lurker

The Canucks are a group of cheap shot artists and divers. Their attitude that they deserve cup is more of the same entitlement crap that we see with this team (sedins, kesler, BURROWS) each year. I do like Bieksa though...

Hawks vs. Nash/Detroit conference finals.

Also, Varlomov could be one of the biggest pickups, time will tell, but he definitely has the makings of a franchise goalie.

Eastern conference is miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodly View Post
    The Canucks are a group of cheap shot artists and divers. Their attitude that they deserve cup is more of the same entitlement crap that we see with this team (sedins, kesler, BURROWS) each year. I do like Bieksa though...

Hawks vs. Nash/Detroit conference finals.

Also, Varlomov could be one of the biggest pickups, time will tell, but he definitely has the makings of a franchise goalie.

Eastern conference is miserable.
    Duncan Keith.

That is all.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by eMpTyFox View Post
    Duncan Keith.

That is all.
    Yes, that was definitely a dick move by kieth, but shanny's explanation of the suspension is priceless. Kieth was doing what he had to do. It's expected that you let others know they can't take runs at you.

Lurker

Default Re: Canuck Fans... Worst Fans in all of Sports

This sort of sums it all up...

Written by Derek Zona (2010)
    Once upon a post-expansion time, not long ago, the title of worst fans in Canada was a two-horse race between Montreal and Toronto. Arrogant Toronto fans couldn't come to grips with the fact that there were more than six teams and they were no longer the special pride of anglo-Canada. Entitled Montreal fans couldn't come to grips that the dynasty built through cheating the expansion draft was dead and believed each year that the Stanley Cup should resides in Montreal. When it didn't come home, there was clearly a conspiracy afoot. Three other fanbases (Calgary, Quebec, Winnipeg) had little to cheer about, one had a fluke run to the Stanley Cup Finals (Vancouver) but had no other success and one (Edmonton) was stunned into glee by the near-instant domination of the league the franchise enjoyed early in its existence.

Fast-forward a decade or two; Calgary won a cup, but continue to stink most of the rest of the time and the fans reflect that. The Nordiques moved on to Denver and left Quebec quietly gray. The Jets were ripped out of Winnipeg by an uncaring Gary Bettman and his NHL overlords and left their fanbase heart-broken. (Twenty-three years later the same Bettman and the same NHL pulled the opposite and fought tooth-and-nail to keep the replacement Jets in Phoenix.) Edmonton fell on times nearly as bad as the early days were good, and the fans reflect that. Montreal fans? Well, they've finally realized that expansion made sure the Stanley Cup wasn't a possession of the provincial authorities and 40+ years of losing has turned Leafs fans into a bitter collective that takes joy in watching Ottawa and Montreal lose. That leaves only one fanbase to parade around from Terminal City to St. John's with the mantle "Worst in the country".

Once upon a time, Vancouver Canucks fans were a humble lot. They had a team that didn't do much other than lose hockey games. There were no Hockey Hall Of Fame players in their history and none on the horizon. Then 1994 happened. The Vancouver Canucks made the playoffs as a seventh seed, which was a highlight for Vancouver in and of itself, and proceeded to knock off Calgary, Dallas and Toronto on their way to the Stanley Cup Final. In a series made famous by the Rangers ending their cup drought, Vancouver lost in seven games. In response, fans decided to burn things. The beginning of Vancouver fans turning into the worst in hockey was the 1994 Vancouver Stanley Cup Riots.

Since the 1994 riot, Canucks fans have become incrementally more annoying and monumentally more arrogant. They've not returned to the Stanley Cup Final, and they still have no Hall Of Fame players, they've had little playoff success, and yet they've still managed to find reasons to become the most arrogant fans in Canada. How have they done it? Let me count the ways.

There are small things, like screaming out "Woooo" after goals, made famous by wrestler Ric Flair, from North Carolina. It was popularized in hockey circles by Carolina Hurricanes fans...then Vancouver fans stole it without any geographical association with Vancouver or tradition whatsoever. And because they like to rhyme, they've taken to yelling out "Loooo" after every save Roberto Luongo makes, even routine stops on dump-ins and seventy-five foot wrist shots. All of this has led Luongo to be the most-hated goaltender in the league since Billy Smith was attempting amputations with his battle axe goalie stick. Luongo is probably the best goalie in the league, and through no fault of his own, he's become reviled. Way to go, Canucks fans.

The Canucks also had the audacity to retire the number seven. Not Cliff Ronning, which would have been questionable, no, they chose to retire...the fans. You can watch the ceremony in all of it's glory here. Dedicated to the passion of Canucks fans everywhere! I guess when there's nothing to celebrate self-congratulatory slaps on the back are all that's left.
    This is a fanbase, that as the picture above shows, rallied to support Todd Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi, one of the worst villains the league has ever known, sucker-punched a player from behind, breaking his neck and ending his career. Canucks fans rallied for that man. It's one thing to tacitly approve of what Bertuzzi did by ignoring the story or the end result, but to rally by his side during his court appearance is beyond the pale.

Vancouver is also a place where a fan can attempt to blind the opposing goaltender, and have no one turn him in. An entire section, and at the very least an entire row, of GM Place likely knew the identity of the perpetrator, and sat on their hands and did nothing as a fellow fan attempted to cause permanent damage to two different goaltenders.

This season was yet another example of the fickle nature of the bandwagon Canucks fans. At the beginning of this season, Vancouver was stuck trying to overcome percentages and injuries. Vancouver fans were calling the Canucks the worst team they'd ever seen. Oh, how people forget history. From seething over how terrible their team was to...

Vancouver Canucks Day in Vancouver! That's right, after a single playoff series win, the city immediately declares a day for the team. This wasn't a Stanley Cup, or even a trip to the finals, this was an expected victory by the favored team in a three versus six playoff matchup. As commenter and roundtable contributor Hbomb reminds us, the Hartford Whalers once held a parade for the Whalers after losing a playoff series. Declaring a day after a playoff win is strangely similar and as HBomb puts it "a loser move". Ah, "It's jealousy!", the Canucks fans say. Except that the Vancouver Canucks have done nothing to be jealous of...ever.

Of course there are Vancouver fans that don't fit the bill. Those that were there before 1994, during the lean years, they're regular old hockey fans. They've suffered through the worst hockey and have only the pain of two near-misses to remember as "the good times". There are new fans like the guys at Nucks Misconduct that have a fundamental understanding of history and the game. You can approach them and talk to them without getting a "Wooo" or a "Looo" and something unintelligible about the Canucks. Those people are okay by me. But to the rest of the fanbase, the rest of Canada, and North America really, can only say:
    Let's go, you Hawks!

Obviously your not paying close attention to the nhl playoff picture at all. Your Hawks vs. Nash/Detroit scenario can only happen if both Vancouver and St. louis lose in the first round......... which is not likely to happen with the PAC Div in 7/8th seed. You better hope Chicago doesn't end up in the 4th or 5th seed, they are not winning a first round best of 7 against the Preds or Wings. Perhaps you'll get lucky and a bunch of crazy upsets will send the Hawks to the finals. Either way, enjoy the playoffs!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by seachanges View Post
    Obviously your not paying close attention to the nhl playoff picture at all. Your Hawks vs. Nash/Detroit scenario can only happen if both Vancouver and St. louis lose in the first round......... which is not likely to happen with the PAC Div in 7/8th seed. You better hope Chicago doesn't end up in the 4th or 5th seed, they are not winning a first round best of 7 against the Preds or Wings. Perhaps you'll get lucky and a bunch of crazy upsets will send the Hawks to the finals. Either way, enjoy the playoffs!
    Don't forget that they reseed. 2nd round would be hawks vs blues and cunucks vs Nash/det. Not sure on your logic. Like u said, this will be a playoff year to enjoy. So evenly matched. Cup contender will be eliminated first round.

yeah man it's gonna be great. Half of the west are legit contenders. So long as the survivor isn't too beat up for the finals.

HOCKEY IS GAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    HOCKEY IS GAY.
    Thanks for the input....... We get it you're a homophobic retard, nothing to be proud about buddy.

Stay in Vancouver you dirty Canadian, no one in America likes you.

Cute

HAHA yupp you lost loser, I win bitch!

6a00d8341d27db53ef0120a5ed8356970b-800wi.jpg

You should totally celebrate with a new Tattoo BRO!

LOL you should ease the pain of your loss with a tat brosephine
    11.jpg

It was not my intention to out you Riggins. SERIOUSLY! It........... just......... kinda......... happened....... :/ Hope you don't get kicked outta church or nuthin

You're the queer, I got a hot bitch, you like dudes. BOOM