Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 1 vs. Weekend 2 Guest Appearances

Post Weekend 1 vs. Weekend 2 Guest Appearances

While there is a strong majority of people saying that Weekend 1 will be superior to Weekend 2, does anyone expect there to be some surprise guests in weekend 2 that were not in weekend 1? For example if Eminem came out for Dre and Snoop weekend 1 (not going to happen) then there isn't much of a surprise factor for weekend 2... Any chance some of these acts pull out some bigger surprises for only weekend 2 to keep it fresh?

Default Re: Weekend 1 vs. Weekend 2 Guest Appearances

No, glorious Weekend 1 Master Race.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

#2 just sounds like.....

Well... $hit
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

God, I don't understand why everyone is hating so hard on weekend two. Its still fucking Coachellafest. Besides, artists usually put the most energy into the LAST show of the tour. In this instance, that will be weekend two. So you can enjoy weekend one with all the other pretentious assholes who only want weekend one because it's the first one.

Or, you know, some artists start their tour at Coachella or just continue their tour from their...so no
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

I want weekend 1 because it won't be as hot. It's really that simple.

Or the two weekends will be identical, what a weird concept

Quote Originally Posted by irthesteve View Post
    They won't be, pretty sure.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    They won't be, pretty sure.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by irthesteve View Post

Heraclitus said "You can't step into the same river twice."

The "present" is a slippery little concept, since a snapshot is a kind of lie that we all agree to. Nothing stands still.

"I close my eyes
    Only for a moment, then the moment's gone
    All my dreams
    Pass before my eyes, a curiosity
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by werner12123 View Post
    God, I don't understand why everyone is hating so hard on weekend two. Its still fucking Coachellafest. Besides, artists usually put the most energy into the LAST show of the tour. In this instance, that will be weekend two. So you can enjoy weekend one with all the other pretentious assholes who only want weekend one because it's the first one.
    by pretentious assholes you mean smart people who took advantage of pre-sale so we weren't stuck with a dirt field, and sloppy seconds, right?

Quote Originally Posted by daneskiiiz View Post
    by pretentious assholes you mean smart people who took advantage of pre-sale so we weren't stuck with a dirt field, and sloppy seconds, right?
    How messed up is the field after one weekend of Coachella? This is my first year, so I have no idea.

weekend 1, fresh grass

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeParade View Post
    weekend 1, fresh grass
    im tired of hearing this, ever notice how clean the grass looks on Saturday? and even by Sunday?
    There are huge crews that clean up the Polo Fields every night after the show is over.
    These are gonna have about 5 days to clean up the Polo Fields for W2.
    Im pretty sure you won't be able to tell the difference between the grass from W1 and W2

I'm so pissed at my friends, got my layaway tix for weekend one....They all waited and now I had to trade my weekend 1 for 2....Much rather do Weekend 1...

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by profchaos View Post
    I'm so pissed at my friends, got my layaway tix for weekend one....They all waited and now I had to trade my weekend 1 for 2....Much rather do Weekend 1...
    Literally exactly in the same boat, now I'm in the whole trade business.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycaker View Post
    im tired of hearing this, ever notice how clean the grass looks on Saturday? and even by Sunday?
    There are huge crews that clean up the Polo Fields every night after the show is over.
    Im pretty sure you won't be able to tell the difference between the grass from W1 and W2
    haha, I want to see huge crews @ the polo fields try to grow the grass back. It's my goal to kick as much of that shit up as possible this year. Keep trying to justify your sloppy seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by profchaos View Post
    I am in the same boat as well, hate how stupid all my friends can be. They know they want to go but they refuse to buy passes before the lineup comes out. Even though I tried to tell them the grass was gonna be trashed and it would be the sloppy seconds Coachella they didn't care.

ALTHOUGH I do have a friend in Indio who says not to worry, the Polo Club has some of the best greenskeepers in the world so he thinks by Weekend 2 they will have the grass grown back and fresh again. I am interested to see if this is true.....
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

I would say the weather also would be a factor being cooler at weekend 1.

BUT i've seen the weather change from beautiful in the 70's all week before Coachella
    and then magically jump 20 degrees on Friday, Sat, Sun to mid 90's and then fall back down to mid
    70's on Monday. So the weather could be super hot for wk 1 and nice for wk 2

The grass does not grow back. We know this from Coachella to Stagecoach in previous years.

Stagecoach will be REALLY dusty this year, given 2 Coachellas. Add in all the hay bales and some wind - fun times!

is it not obvious that the grass will be better weekend 1 and the temperature will be virtually the same both weekends?

The real question is how does weekend 2 match the excitement of weekend 1 surprise guests? By saving all the big name guests for weekend 2. Suck it weekend 1

Yeah, it's not like they have horses running all over the polo fields and are used to the upkeep required to keep the grass from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycaker View Post
    Not true. The Empire Polo crew does a great job of cleaning up every night, but it is virtually impossible to water the turf areas when the stages, tents etc are set up. They also stop watering the turf areas a certain amount of time before the set up process starts as to not damage the turf areas from vehicular traffic. It seems that the grass in my early years (2004) was nicer than it is now. I have seen water trucks putting down water before the gates open in the morning. With the two weekends I hope they put a big effort in this to help keep the grass green for weekend two and Stagecoach. I have been told that it is pretty dusty by the time Stagecoach rolls around.

How about, if you're going weekend 2, you stay the fuck off this board for the week between the two? OH MY GOD THE HORROR
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Well, I'm used to Lollapalooza and the awful fields / softball fields they have that on. So this should be a step up no matter what.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    How about, if you're going weekend 2, you stay the fuck off this board for the week between the two? OH MY GOD THE HORROR
    + webcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    + webcast.
    I don't have the heart to watch it, will be in batcave between weeks.

The grass will be nicer for weekend one, and that is all that matters.

Didn't that happen last year? It was cool all week and even on Friday it was okay, then it was super hot Saturday and Sunday. On Monday, it was at least 10-15 degrees cooler and windy.

Weekend before coachella last year had highs in the 60's and 70's and then 96 for Saturday and Sunday of coachella and back to high of 80 that Monday. The next weekend, equivalent of weekend number 2, last year didn't go over 83. You can never tell but it's already in the 80's in Indio and Thursdays forecast is 88 and cloudy. The heat is really the most important difference between the two weekends. I just know one weekends going to get fucked heat wise, I just pray to the coachella gods that it's weekend one that sees triple digits.