Thread: Okay, so three people going with me.

Default Okay, so three people going with me.

Okay, well, April 27th is actually my 18th birthday, so I'm REALLY in luck, because my parents want to do something extra special for my 18th, and I told them this was it. They seemed pretty optimistic about it. Now I check ticket prices, and I'm a little scared, but dammit, I want to go, and I will make this work.

Basically, I want to get 3-day tickets. That'd be about $300, right? Now, I want the camping permit, so that is another $45. Now here's a question; do you have to buy a camping permit with every ticket? So say I get 4 3 day tickets, would I have to get 4 camping permits?

I'm thinking my folks will give me a bit of money for the rest of that, so I'm thinking of budgeting $500. I don't eat much, and I only plan on buying an Arcade Fire shirt if they have one, so merch doesn't mean much to me.

Also, I'm a bit unfamiliar with this obviously. If people buy their tickets serepately (say I buy mine with a camping permit one week, then my friend buys his with a permit the week later) will they still be able to camp together?

Default Re: Okay, so three people going with me.

Tickets for the festival and tickets for camping are sold separately. Do a Ticketmaster search for Coachella and you'll see all your options.

HAVE WATER MONEY!!!

seriously, it's like $3-4 a bottle and you can't bring any. in '04 i thought i'd get by on $50 for one day and i was way wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Howtobefreaky View Post
    Okay, well, April 27th is actually my 18th birthday, so I'm REALLY in luck, because my parents want to do something extra special for my 18th, and I told them this was it. They seemed pretty optimistic about it. Now I check ticket prices, and I'm a little scared, but dammit, I want to go, and I will make this work.

Basically, I want to get 3-day tickets. That'd be about $300, right? Now, I want the camping permit, so that is another $45. Now here's a question; do you have to buy a camping permit with every ticket? So say I get 4 3 day tickets, would I have to get 4 camping permits?

I'm thinking my folks will give me a bit of money for the rest of that, so I'm thinking of budgeting $500. I don't eat much, and I only plan on buying an Arcade Fire shirt if they have one, so merch doesn't mean much to me.

Also, I'm a bit unfamiliar with this obviously. If people buy their tickets serepately (say I buy mine with a camping permit one week, then my friend buys his with a permit the week later) will they still be able to camp together?
    Yes, you buy your tickets for the show and you buy your camping ticket seperate. Your camping ticket lets you camp from Thursday until Monday morning. They will give you a wristband when you check in. And yeah it doesnt matter when your friend buys their camping ticket you all go at the same time to the camping are and its cool.

Oh, here's another question. They probably wouldn't allow for me to camp on Thursday and Sunday night, huh? Guess I'd have to get a hotel?

EDIT: Er, duh, should have read more thoroughly
    Last edited by Howtobefreaky; 01-22-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msivy View Post
    HAVE WATER MONEY!!!

seriously, it's like $3-4 a bottle and you can't bring any. in '04 i thought i'd get by on $50 for one day and i was way wrong.
    it was and has always been $2 a bottle.

you drank more than 25 bottles of water in one day? danm, gina. i drank 15 bottles the first day of coachella 04 and i thought i was overdoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

It is nice to leave a tip every once in a while, but yeah. $2. If someone was charging you more than that I'm afraid you were being ripped off haha
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Could I probably get by with $150 for the weekend, if I used it all for food/water?

Maybe for sat and sunday. I'm not sure if you could spread 150 over three days. I guess it depends on who you are and how hot it is.