Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Bringing a Toddler (No Snark Zone)

Default Re: Tips for Bringing a Toddler (No Snark Zone)

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I was at a park that held 200 people once.
    That's nice would you like a cookie with your name on it?
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

I doubt you have the mental capacity to spell my name accurately.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Assholes an easy name to spell
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
    Assholes an easy name to spell
    You forgot an apostrophe there. So I guess it isn't that easy.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

how many people hang out in Central park every day?
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

A baby of unknown age rocking out at a Cure concert.

DSC00629.jpg

Soon after baby had a beer poured on it by drugged out man, snatched, and then left to be trampled.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    how many people hang out in Central park every day?
    Only 100.

I've counted them. I can corroborate Gue's number.

God some of you people are horrible, would you say some of these things to someone face?! Stop hiding behind your keyboards and be a fucking descent human being. Baxter obviously knows the risks involved and was just looking for advise, not your shitty opinions. I seriously can't believe that some of you are full grown adults.
    <<<05' 06' 07' 08' 09 10' 11' 12' wk1 & wk2>>>

I just cant believe anyone who's been to Coachella would think it's a good idea to bring a 2 year old.

People who go to Coachella sometimes have babies. Some of them keep going to Coachella and bring the babies. No babies have died or been kidnapped at Coachella. If someone having a baby near you ruins your good time, you are too concerned with other people and need to quit being a dick. It is a festival and everyone's invited. Even dicks unfortunately. All the people with kids i have taken pictures of are nice people and their families seem to be having a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    People who go to Coachella sometimes have babies. Some of them keep going to Coachella and bring the babies. No babies have died or been kidnapped at Coachella. If someone having a baby near you ruins your good time, you are too concerned with other people and need to quit being a dick. It is a festival and everyone's invited. Even dicks unfortunately. All the people with kids i have taken pictures of are nice people and their families seem to be having a wonderful time.
    Some faith restored, thank you.
    <<<05' 06' 07' 08' 09 10' 11' 12' wk1 & wk2>>>

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Besides the beer baby rule, why the fuck would you ever take your kid to Coachella? You do realize it's the fuckin desert right? Don't be fooled by the palm trees and grass. It gets hot and it's super dry.
    holy shit, guess what? people actually live there year round and many of them have kids that are perfectly healthy and do just fine in the heat. for fuck's sake, people live in way hotter climates all over the world and raise kids just fine. you have some of the dumbest arguments i have ever seen. kids getting snatched? trampled? holy hell. guess we shouldn't take kids to disneyland where it can be even more crowded, just as hot, and dare i say has more pedophiles and people looking to harm children on a single day than coachella has ever had in its 12 years.

^ Exactly! Peoples stupidity is showing big time in this thread!

We'll be there with our babe - it will be his second Coachella. Last year no one was a judgmental ass; actually people went out of their way to say how cool it was that we exposed him to cool shit at a young age.

Here's what worked for us:
    Try to arrive later in the day ... we arrived around 3 and left when we wanted to - our babe slept in his stroller.
    The Ergo is awesome, but I used the stroller more last year - there's a TON of walking and my back just couldn't take it. The Ergo is nice for the walk in/out because it is so dusty and the stroller will kick up lots of dust. We ran into a couple with a 1 year old that only had their Ergo and dad was dying.
    A hat will keep the sun off the kiddo's scalp. Use too much sunblock.
    Last year security was super lenient with families: bring kid-friendly snacks and their own water bottle/sippy.
    If you kiddo can chill in a wagon instead of a stroller, I think that would work out really well.
    Scope out the grounds for air conditioned tents, shade, etc. The Coachella helpers were great pointing us in the direction of shade/air conditioning. The beer gardens were great for shade.
    We used a lightweight muslin blanket to cover him when he was napping to keep the sun away and minimize distractions when he was trying to sleep.
    Try to keep your kiddo on their schedule and drinking plenty of liquids. Mine is happy to nap wearing his headphones.
    Bring extra everything - diapers, clothes, etc. It is chilly at night - a hoodie and pants is not overkill.

Have tons of fun!
    Last edited by beckylyn; 03-27-2012 at 08:21 PM.

I would imagine a locker would be very helpful.

put the baby in the locker? that seems cruel.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebaxter View Post
    We are already bringing a friend who will do some babysitting for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I want to bring a wagon.

Really excellent info, Beckylyn. Thank you very much! I'm surprised to hear that kids are allowed in the beer garden, but if that's the case and the shade there is nice, we will probably be taking advantage of that. I did already think to rent a locker because it sounds like we will need to bring a lot of items to stay comfortable throughout the day. We should be able to stick to the nap schedule, especially if we can get there later. It's nice to hear that security are lenient for parents.

Quote Originally Posted by thebaxter View Post
    Really excellent info, Beckylyn. Thank you very much! I'm surprised to hear that kids are allowed in the beer garden, but if that's the case and the shade there is nice, we will probably be taking advantage of that. I did already think to rent a locker because it sounds like we will need to bring a lot of items to stay comfortable throughout the day. We should be able to stick to the nap schedule, especially if we can get there later. It's nice to hear that security are lenient for parents.
    Glad I could help =)
    I was surprised they allowed our kiddo in the beer garden too, but they did, all 3 days, in different areas, so it wasn't a fluke. No one poured beer on him either
    I keep going back and forth on the locker ... we didn't get one last year, but did get them in pre-babe years. They're a walk to get to but if you aren't going back and forth to the locker all day long it would work. It is probably worth reserving one even if you only use it to store warmer clothes for the evening. In the past we've kept stuff in them we don't want to drag to the show each day like a blanket/towel to sit on.

The stroller should help with carrying gear.

Thumbs up Re: Tips for Bringing a Toddler (No Snark Zone)

I think it's incredibly beautiful that you want your children to come with you to Coachella. It's very sweet and you seem like you genuinely care for their safety or else you wouldn't be on the forum asking for advice.
    If I was your kid I'd be all, cat-cute-i-love-my-mom-love-mom-Favim.com-319056.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What sort of evil genius invents a cup of cake?
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

Quote Originally Posted by ohreallybecca View Post
    I think it's incredibly beautiful that you want your children to come with you to Coachella. It's very sweet and you seem like you genuinely care for their safety or else you wouldn't be on the forum asking for advice.
    If I was your kid I'd be all, cat-cute-i-love-my-mom-love-mom-Favim.com-319056.jpg
    Thank you so much, ohreallybecca. That's REALLY nice to hear after a day of so much verbal abuse. And thanks to everyone else who offered support and advice. I feel much more prepared now.

If you are smart and prepare properly, it will be an incredible experience for you, and for your child to look back on later in life. My son is now 4 and loves looking at the photos and video from that time.

We brought our son when he was 8 months old, and not only did he have a blast, we enjoyed spending time with him, watching him play and smile while our fav bands were on. He slept like a baby should right through My Bloody Valentine thanks his Peltor earmuffs.

Don't worry about what the morons on here say, plan accordingly with your child's safety in mind, and do it. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

Looks pretty happy to me.

b4Wp0.jpg
    Last edited by Dalen; 03-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalen View Post

b4Wp0.jpg
    What a cutie! The best part is that if there are other happy kids at the fest, mine will never be bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalen View Post
    If you are smart and prepare properly, it will be an incredible experience for you, and for your child to look back on later in life. My son is now 4 and loves looking at the photos and video from that time.

We brought our son when he was 8 months old, and not only did he have a blast, we enjoyed spending time with him, watching him play and smile while our fav bands were on. He slept like a baby should right through My Bloody Valentine thanks his Peltor earmuffs.

Don't worry about what the morons on here say, plan accordingly with your child's safety in mind, and do it. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

b4Wp0.jpg
    Did you camp as well?