Thread: IN THE NEWS: Coachella festival promoter Goldenvoice buys Eldorado Polo Club

Default IN THE NEWS: Coachella festival promoter Goldenvoice buys Eldorado Polo Club

Nice!!

Coachella festival promoter Goldenvoice buys Eldorado Polo Club
    Indio city leaders tout 280-acre deal, say it promises greener fields, more improvements

INDIO — Goldenvoice, the promoter of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and Stagecoach Country Music Festival, announced Sunday the purchase of 280 acres of land that includes Eldorado Polo Club.

Paul Tollett, president of Goldenvoice, declined to say what the property would be used for, but it is land all around the festivals' site at the Empire Polo Club.

The sale was summed up as a win-win for Eldorado, Goldenvoice, the city of Indio and the Coachella Valley.

“This is definitely cause for celebration. We could not be happier,” Eldorado general manager Jan Hart said Sunday.

Coachella and Stagecoach festivals, both of which were quick sell-outs this year, are held on Empire Polo Club grounds. Neighboring Eldorado is used for attendees' parking and camping.

“We have had a nice relationship with Goldenvoice over the years,” Hart said.

She said polo will continue and that players and spectators can expect improvements, including greener fields.

The 200 acres the 55-year-old polo club sits on had been owned by Lake Farms, she said, which consisted of 19 owners, including president Michael Ward.

“I, along with Goldenvoice, initiated the deal and made it happen,” Ward said.

“They have a need for our space, and we have owners who are older and not participating in polo anymore,” Ward said. “We can now have polo for a long time to come.”

Every year, the club hosts about 80 polo players from all over the world, Ward said.

The change in ownership means the polo club will now be run more like a private golf course in that the paying members will have a say in what goes on.

Under Lake Farms, which leased the land to Eldorado, the board was made up of the 19 property owners plus five representatives from the polo club, Hart said.

This is the first land purchase Goldenvoice has made in the Coachella Valley. Goldenvoice executive Skip Paige has purchased a home in La Quinta, and Tollett has said he intends to buy a home here.

Other properties included in the 280-acre purchase are Triangle Bar Farms, Fish Creek and former Ambassador Glen Holden's property.

The land sold is along Avenue 50 and Madison Street, said Indio Mayor Glenn Miller, who was at Eldorado on Sunday.

“I come here every Sunday, either Eldorado or Empire, for breakfast,” he said.

The sale gives Goldenvoice the opportunity to bring in three or four more events each year, such as a jazz and wine festival, drawing much smaller crowds than Coachella and Stagecoach, Miller said.

“They're looking to build on the opportunity to be a year-round destination,” Miller said. “That's not just good for Indio but the whole Coachella Valley,” he said.

In October, the city of Indio entered into a two-year agreement with Goldenvoice to hold the Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals at the Empire Polo Club.

Representatives of Empire couldn't be reached for comment Sunday.

The Coachella music festival started in 1999, while Stagecoach is in its sixth year. Each draws from 50,000 to 75,000 concert-goers per weekend.

Coachella music fest is being held on two consecutive weekends this year for the first time, April 13-15 and April 20-22. Headliners are The Black Keys, Radiohead and Dr. Dre with Snoop Dogg.

Stagecoach will be held April 27-29, headlined by Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton and Jason Aldean.

Both events sold out quickly this year.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2012...rado-Polo-Club
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Default Re: IN THE NEWS: Coachella festival promoter Goldenvoice buys Eldorado Polo Club

3rd

Default Re: IN THE NEWS: Coachella festival promoter Goldenvoice buys Eldorado Polo Club

Jazzchella? I'm so there!!

Jazzchella does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

triples the size of the festi, this will be good.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Jazzchella? I'm so there!!
    The mayor of Indio is named Glenn Miller, even
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

supre's gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Jazzchella does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    OMG!! My head is spinning with possibilities.

COACHELLA FEST: Eldorado Polo Club sells its land to Goldenvoice

Press Enterprise
    BY DEBRA GRUSZECKI July 10, 2013; 06:50 PM

The Eldorado Polo Club, in a notice it posted late Wednesday, July 10, said it has sold the grounds to Goldenvoice, concert promoters for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and the Stagecoach Country Music Festival.

In a statement posted to the Facebook page, Eldorado Polo Club general manager Jan Hart said the owners agreed to sell its lush fields in Indio to the company founded by Paul Tollett on condition the polo club continues on.

The property currently has a seven-year lease with Goldenvoice, Hart said, and 18-year possibility as part of the ongoing negotiations, the statement says.

Financial terms of the deal that recently closed escrow with Goldenvoice at a value reported to be in the $30 million range were not divulged.

Officials with Goldenvoice could not be reached to comment.

In the Facebook post to Eldorado Polo Club members and fans, Hart wrote that Goldenvoice is in the process of restoring the property to its former glory.

“It has great bones and we look forward to offering it to you beginning in the 2013-14 season,’’ Hart said.

Eldorado Polo Club, in existence more than 50 years, includes 10 regulation grass fields, stick and ball field, a practice hitting cage, exercise track and stabling for over 400 horses. Besides the field-side Cantina, the club features a tack store.

Improved amenities noted by Hart includes new stabling in 2014 across from the Cantina, as well as a new field which vendors will use during the concerts. Horse stabling with box stalls will also be offered at the former Horses in The Sun (HITS) property, Hart said.

The sale was announced last year.

In March 2012, Goldenvoice announced it had purchased about 280 acres in Indio at the festivals’ grounds, including the Eldorado Polo Club, Triangle Bar Farms, Fish Creek and Ambassador Glen Holden's property. Generally, this is area has been used for camping and parking areas.

It was said at that time that the property did not include the nearby Empire Polo Club, where the stages for the music festivals are set up. Goldenvoice had entered a permanent lease with the property owners in 2010. The company has also kept a tight lid on questions about land purchases since last year, saying any speculation would be premature.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

maybe Lot 4 won't be a shit hole anymore.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

MORE GRASS!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

MORE ASS!

more gas?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Less sticks, more dicks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Any chance at a permanent main stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Any chance at a permanent main stage?
    Meaning what exactly? like built up on the grounds? No, because both fields will still be used primarily for polo most of the year.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

yeah.. what drinkey said. duh
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    yeah.. what drinkey said. duh
    I don't know. I just attend the damn thing
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Permanent, flushing toilets would be more than enough for me.

Damn, after renting a casita for almost 7 years out there, I should have offered to purchase it instead of moving...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths