Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AMON TOBIN: ISAM

Default Re: AMON TOBIN: ISAM

In order for the shadow effects to work well, it needs to be as dark as possible for this set. I don't know how they fucked this up for this set, but there was a massive floodlight shining into the tent from the terrace area for the first half of this set. After they turned that off it was great though. Being able to always see the white cubes when there's no light on them (and they should just be darkness) kind of ruins the effect though. I noticed that it looks better when filmed than in real life because of this (the camera just sees black). I checked out most of the other stages and there wasnt anything better on friday night. What was with Datsik ripping off David guetta's robots?

2.0 Looks insane!!!!!!! I don't believe they doubled the size of that monster! Can't wait for the Greek show. But, now I wonder if PIT is gonna be too close for this even from the back of the PIT.

Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Could not be more stoked to see him in SD. Curious where he takes the show for 2013. The way he talks about bigger stages, I'm thinking some festivals will definitely have him.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Could not be more stoked to see him in SD. Curious where he takes the show for 2013. The way he talks about bigger stages, I'm thinking some festivals will definitely have him.
    What festival will now book this that hasnt had him already where the audience will dig it?

I really dont see how some of the venues can fit the new 2.0 rig. If its twice the size now, and JUST fit at some of the theaters last year, how will it at HOB San Diego for example?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Will there be two times the boring noises?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

The new Two Fingers track is awesome.

I'll be at the Berkeley show.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Holy crap. Thanks for bumping this; I totally forgot I bought tix to the HOB show, hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    2.0 Looks insane!!!!!!! I don't believe they doubled the size of that monster! Can't wait for the Greek show. But, now I wonder if PIT is gonna be too close for this even from the back of the PIT.
    this is not a show to watch from the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I thought this was the final ISAM tour? did I hear wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I thought this was the final ISAM tour? did I hear wrong?
    I just assumed that all of this 2.0 work would travel outside of the US atleast.

Seemed to me like the kind of set you had to be into the entire time to appreciate it, but there was way too much else going on around me at coachella I didn't want to stay put and watch a movie so much as explore and see some of everything. Think it would be more enjoyable as a concert than in a festival setting.

Would somebody mind schooling me on Two Fingers? Do they have an EP out or anything? Does anybody have any material from them they can upload? The only thing I have is their "Surge" remix (which I love). Between that song, and the song on the trailer, I'm starving for more.

Also, did anybody catch them at Coachella? They conflicted with FlyLo right? I can't say that I regret missing them, because FlyLo dropping "4th Chamber" was one of my favorite moments of the fest, but damn, I wish I could've seen Two Fingers too.

Check spotify for Two Fingers tunes. That's where I get my fix. Really looking forward to the October release.

Is this really worth $38 in a great theatre?
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I take it you skipped out on this year's performance?

I was tired and kinda bored by it, but I will admit I probabaly wasn't in the right mood at the time
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    If you want to hear soundscapes and visuals with beats sprinkled in between you'll love it.

If you're expect anything remotely close to a dj, you'll hate it.

In my opinion, I enjoyed the coachella very much. That being said, I had a very good spot dead center, not too close. A festival is easily not the best venue for such a show, and if I can enjoy it their, I feel like it will be spectacular in a more proper setting. Couple that with the improvements to the physical show as well as some new songs and that makes me a very excited patron.

It looks like I am going to see him in Portland next sunday. Anyone else going to be there?

Did a bootleg of his Coachella set ever surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Would somebody mind schooling me on Two Fingers? Do they have an EP out or anything? Does anybody have any material from them they can upload? The only thing I have is their "Surge" remix (which I love). Between that song, and the song on the trailer, I'm starving for more.

Also, did anybody catch them at Coachella? They conflicted with FlyLo right? I can't say that I regret missing them, because FlyLo dropping "4th Chamber" was one of my favorite moments of the fest, but damn, I wish I could've seen Two Fingers too.

AllMusic:
    Two Fingers is the creation of Brazilian-born electro-jazz/breaks/jungle trailblazer Amon Tobin and U.K. drum'n'bass artist Doubleclick (Joe Chapman), together with several guest MCs whose contributions are integral to the project. The two producers, who first met when Tobin was living in Brighton, U.K., got together in Montreal in 2007 over a series of tracks that were partially an extension of their previous collaborations -- exemplified by the dense, pummeling 2003 track "Ownage" -- but in general a fundamentally new and dynamic direction incorporating visceral elements of dancehall, dubstep, and grime. Following the singles "That Girl" and "What You Know," the group's self-titled debut was released in spring 2009, featuring vocals from dancehall star Ce'Cile, one-time Missy Elliott protégé Ms. Jade, and, on seven of the album's 12 tracks, the charismatic, long-up-and-coming British rapper Sway.
    Their 2009 album is really dope.

I walked through the do-lab over to Fly-Lo and caught 10 minutes of their set. Sounded like Two Fingers was building a massive synth robot, in a good way. I don't remember much because acid.
    Last edited by ods..; 08-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Can you group that album, please?

My first time to the legendary Greek Theater in Berkley will be next Friday for Amon Tobin - ISAM. Following weekend Treasure Island Music Fest followed by a SBTRKT after party. You don't need to know this, I need to tell you. Fuck ya I love October.

On another note, (Not starting a thread for this) Coachella needs to book Maceo Plex (Maetrik) for a set. I think I'm in man love with his shit. Peace out fuck sticks.

Shakermaker, can you elaborate please. Never bee to the Greek, where in the theater would you recommend the best place to see this show to be.

What are the tour dates for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Did a bootleg of his Coachella set ever surface?
    uh yeah, i recorded him week 1