Thread: Coachella needs more real techno not all the main stream bullshit!

Exclamation Coachella needs more real techno not all the main stream bullshit!

Hopefully the lineup for electronic artists is better next year. I wish you guys weren't such sell outs when it came to the techno. Putting artists like Swedish Gay Mafia, AfroWack, David Guetta, and Avicii may be good for ticket sales but I'm sure for the people who actually like and know whats up with techno (and I mean those who didn't just jump on the bandwagon a year or two ago) aren't very pleased. At least I know I'm not. In past years many of the DJ's who played would've been considered more "underground" and I think that's the way Coachella should be. Of course there are always those very popular headliners and I'm not saying anything bad about them because I often enjoy the headliners very much, but for the most part (at least for the electronic music) the artists were legit. They would play real house music or tech house, the way techno should be. Now we have all these mainstream people like SHM, David Guetta and the other DJ's I mentioned earlier, people that are basically bullshit top 40 artists. And I say top 40 because they are the type of artists that get played on the radio and shit. All those DJ's are sell outs and not REAL techno, which is why they should not be at Coachella. Bring back real DJ's like Dubfire, Richie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, or Sander Kleinenberg (just to name a few). What about people like Boys Noize, Proxy, Erol Alkan, D.I.M. or even Crookers? Anybody would be better than half of this years headlining DJ's. Just some food for thought, maybe you guys can do a better job next year? But regardless I'm stoked! This year is gonna be way dope good job on getting Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus!!! Oh and wassup with the Do Lab Lineup?? That stage is always crackin!
    Last edited by Joeylara123; 03-24-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Default Re: Coachella needs more real techno not all the main stream bullshit!

Swedish House Mafia > everyone you just named

OR MAYBE... CROOKERS?

Quote Originally Posted by Joeylara123 View Post
    Hopefully the lineup for electronic artists is better next year. I wish you guys weren't such sell outs when it came to the techno. Putting artists like Swedish Gay Mafia, AfroWack, David Guetta, and Avicii may be good for ticket sales but I'm sure for the people who actually like and know whats up with techno (and I mean those who didn't just jump on the bandwagon a year or two ago) aren't very pleased. At least I know I'm not. In past years many of the DJ's who played would've been considered more "underground" and I think that's the way Coachella should be. Of course there are always those very popular headliners and I'm not saying anything bad about them because I often enjoy the headliners very much, but for the most part (at least for the electronic music) the artists were legit. They would play real house music or tech house, the way techno should be. Now we have all these mainstream people like SHM, David Guetta and the other DJ's I mentioned earlier, people that are basically bullshit top 40 artists. And I say top 40 because they are the type of artists that get played on the radio and shit. All those DJ's are sell outs and not REAL techno, which is why they should not be at Coachella. Bring back real DJ's like Dubfire, Richie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, or Sander Kleinenberg (just to name a few). What about people like Boys Noize, Proxy, Erol Alkan, D.I.M. or even Crookers? Anybody would be better than half of this years headlining DJ's. Just some food for thought, maybe you guys can do a better job next year? But regardless this year is still gonna be dope good job on getting Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus!! Oh and wassup with the Do Lab Lineup?? That stage is always crackin!
    shut the fuck up you stupid, stupid cunt rag. WE GET IT

I'll bet she/he had an animated conversation at lunch today.

And the best first post award goes to

haha jobby

They are probably lying dead on their computer keys. It was all just too much.

Hopefully the lineup for electronic artists is better next year. I wish you guys weren't such sell outs when it came to the techno. Putting artists like Swedish Gay Mafia, AfroWack, David Guetta, and Avicii may be good for ticket sales but I'm sure for the people who actually like and know whats up with techno (and I mean those who didn't just jump on the bandwagon a year or two ago) aren't very pleased. At least I know I'm not. In past years many of the DJ's who played would've been considered more "underground" and I think that's the way Coachella should be. Of course there are always those very popular headliners and I'm not saying anything bad about them because I often enjoy the headliners very much, but for the most part (at least for the electronic music) the artists were legit. They would play real house music or tech house, the way techno should be. Now we have all these mainstream people like SHM, David Guetta and the other DJ's I mentioned earlier, people that are basically bullshit top 40 artists. And I say top 40 because they are the type of artists that get played on the radio and shit. All those DJ's are sell outs and not REAL techno, which is why they should not be at Coachella. Bring back real DJ's like Dubfire, Richie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, or Sander Kleinenberg (just to name a few). What about people like Boys Noize, Proxy, Erol Alkan, D.I.M. or even Crookers? Anybody would be better than half of this years headlining DJ's. Just some food for thought, maybe you guys can do a better job next year? But regardless I'm stoked! This year is gonna be way dope good job on getting Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus!!! Oh and wassup with the Do Lab Lineup?? That stage is always crackin!
    YouMad.jpg

Let's keep it underground yo

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Swedish House Mafia are bad, and that makes them homosexuals.

That's just a thing that makes sense.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

God, just FUCK OFF
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Is there any techno on the lineup really? I mean, aren't Swedish House Mafia, like, you know, house?

Just sayin', techno is not all EDM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

This year is gonna be way dope
    Wait, what?

how bout some jean michel jarre - one of the originators... i just started playing some of his ancients again.

This thread is now about

Boogers!

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    I agree
    Last edited by parable; 03-26-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Feel Free to download my new demo...
    http://soundcloud.com/parable/parable-arm-and-hand

Doubtfull...it's all about personal taste really...but this years lineup is pretty weak in the EDM aspect. But than again it's 2012 and there aren't any "real raves" anymore anyways. I'm surprised Kraftwerk wasn't on the lineup this year with them being at Ultra and all.
    Last edited by parable; 03-26-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Feel Free to download my new demo...
    http://soundcloud.com/parable/parable-arm-and-hand

Heh, Kraftwerk isn't even Kraftwerk any more.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove