Thread: Menik needs a ride(s) - Possible extra ticket for you or someone, plus camping

Hybrid View

Default Menik needs a ride(s) - Possible extra ticket for you or someone, plus camping

Okay so my original plan on how I was getting to/back and where I was staying for both Coachellas this year fell through for reasons I'd rather not get into or think about right now. Anyway that leaves me at the moment with no secured ride to and back for either weekend So I'm hoping by posting this I can get some help on this matter. I don't have a car of my own or anything like that, which is why I'm asking for some help. I'll try and keep it as short as I can, but continue on reading below if you think you might be able to help me out. I live out in North Hollywood btw, so I guess this goes mostly for L.A./so cal people.

Weekend 1:

Currently I have one standard weekend pass for weekend 1. I may be getting a guest pass for this weekend for myself (which would then mean my normal weekend pass would be up for grabs, which I could sell to someone who is willing to help me out, etc). I won't know for sure if I get the weekend 1 guest pass until closer to the event...but in any event, my plan for weekend 1 is to camp with my normal camping group I've camped with for the past two years, so I really just need a ride out to Indio and the campground on Thursday, and back on Monday. If you're camping too, then great...I could just ride into the campground with you, go meet up with my group, then Monday morning, meet back up with you at your spot, help pack your car, and be on our way.

Btw, if I do in fact get the guest pass for this weekend, we just have to make a quick stop, once in Indio, to pick up my guest pass (usually at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden), usually only takes 20 mins or so. I would help chip in for gas money of course and all that. No problem there.

Weekend 2:

For weekend two, I also have a standard weekend pass PLUS a car camping pass (but again, no car)....so in this case, I'd be willing to let someone have the car camping pass for their car, as long as I can ride into the campground with you and crash at the spot. So if you're someone who has a car, a pass, and maybe no place to stay yet, or wants to camp but doesn't have a car camping pass...this could be the perfect oppurtunity. And again, like weekend 1, I may get the guest pass for this weekend instead (if I don't get it for weekend 1) - so I may have an extra weekend 2 pass when all said is done...again, I won't know that until closer to the fest, but I can update this when I know for sure. Whatever the case, if someone is interested in wanting to camp together for the weekend, and can drive out to weekend 2 on Thursday and back to L.A. on Monday, that would be awesome. Again, I would help chip in for gas and all that, no problem. As for gear, all I should have both weekends is my backpack, my bag, and my tent...so not much at all (I won't be packing your car full of shit, don't worry).

Anyway, there are plenty of people/vets on here who can vouch for me. Heck, I'm the co-admininstrator on here, and I run coachellarecordings.com, so you'll be traveling with "the coachella expert". That's cool right? I'm pretty chill, mellow, and I can provide plenty of Coachella boots to listen to on the car ride to and back if you wish. Feel free to PM, post here, ask questions, whatever if you're able to help me out. Vets, newcomers, whatever. Please. It's close to the festival, and I'm gonna start freaking out soon =/

Lurker

Default Re: Menik needs a ride(s) - Possible extra ticket for you or someone, plus camping

I'm coming down from PDX for weekend 2 and I wouldn't mind picking you up as long as you can get yourself reasonably close to the 5 so I don't have to make a huge detour. There are probably others on the boards who could work out a more satisfactory situation with you but I just wanted to throw that out there to (hopefully) help ease your mind. If you haven't worked anything out in a few weeks just let me know and I can come scoop you.

Default Re: Menik needs a ride(s) - Possible extra ticket for you or someone, plus camping

People from the NW are nice:-)

Quote Originally Posted by myersj33 View Post
    I'm coming down from PDX for weekend 2 and I wouldn't mind picking you up as long as you can get yourself reasonably close to the 5 so I don't have to make a huge detour. There are probably others on the boards who could work out a more satisfactory situation with you but I just wanted to throw that out there to (hopefully) help ease your mind. If you haven't worked anything out in a few weeks just let me know and I can come scoop you.

I wouldn't say I'm too far from the 5. I'm less than 5 mins from the 134, which is then only another 10mins max off of the 5 where I'm at. So it probably wouldn't be too much of a detour I think....I'll definitely keep you updated and thanks for the offer!

hey i already have my car camping but i have room in my car im coming from long beach

btw i am also going both weekends.... first weekend its me and my bf and sencon weekend ill also have another girl with me

Erik, I'm flying into PHX because it was cheaper so I can't help you out with a ride from North Hollywood, but have you tried specifically contacting folks who live in Los Angeles? I feel like a lot of people don't even read this board anymore.

Alternately, if you want to take Greyhound or something for weekend 1, I'll happily pick you up from the station and drop you off at camping in exchange for a hug.

Passing though your area LATE Thursday night (W1), departing mid-morning Monday. Not camping, but staying in LQ, so not really out of our way. If you can't find anyone and need a fallback plan, let us know. (don't need a pass)
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I plan to leave LA around 10/11am; head to OC to to pickup sis and meet with her friends from SF andbe on the road to indio around 1pm/130
    Determined to arrive in Indio, buy ice & be in entry line for camp around 4pm

Leaving Monday AM, aiming for carpoolchella, dunno if you would fuck that up being apart of team secret and all

hey Menik! we are leaving from hollywood, and we need camping for weekend two. maybe we can help each other out.

The thought of the silence in that ride is already making me uncomfortable.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Thanks for all the offers everyone...I'll get back to you guys soon...won't be back at a computer til Sunday night.

I won't be in LA but I can definitely vouch that Menik is a good dude! One of the first board people I met IRL.

Might be able to help for weekend two just in case others do not fall through

Hey buddy--not sure what your financial situation is, but I'm seeing cars on carrentals.com for like $83 for the Thur-Mon span of weekend 1 (taxes included).
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Our group plans on leaving on Thursday at around 2pm, 3 the latest. I can help you out with a ride and were car camping too. I live fairly close to the 134 so it wouldn't be hard for us either. PM me if you still need a ride.

Bump. Mugwog you have a PM...