Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal marijuana patients, I have a educational question for you.

Default Legal marijuana patients, I have a educational question for you.

"an"

Coming from Canada, I'm yet to experience medical marijuana but I'm aware of its great benefits. I wanna know, do you smoke in the morning at Coachella? If you smoke in the morning, you must have to smoke all day to keep the pain away from your arthritis, correct? I've been really wondering about this.. lets say, I was a lad with a medical license in California and I had to choose.. hypothetically lets say I didn't wanna fall asleep or feel drowsy and burnt out all day, should I chose the Indica or Sativa to help me with that problem? I know Indica causes couch lock and is very good for you guys with neck pain, sativa blasts you into outer space.. but which type of medicinal marijuana betters your experience and makes it more bearable while you deal with your medical illness?

Thank you,

Dr. Funk.
    Last edited by Mertt; 03-22-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Default Re: Legal marijuana patients, I have a educational question for you.

Stay away from edibles in the AM

Smoke as needed to alleviate symptons

Quality over the type of bud is more important; if you shine a LED light on the ganja and there is no sparkles, move on to another provider if possible. Quality is most important when it comes to your personal health, and there are plenty of terrible strains available in stores so beware.

Sativa
    4/20: Afrojack, Amon Tobin, Arctic Monkeys, Breakbot, Datsik, Feed Me, Frank Ocean, Girls, GIVERS, M83, Mazzy Star, Swedish House Mafia, Black Keys, The Rapture, WU LYF
    4/21: A$AP Rocky, Black Lips, Bon Iver, Borgore, Childish Gambino, Flying Lotus, Grouplove, Jeff Mangum, Miike Snow, Mt Eden, Radiohead, The Shins, Zeds Dead
    4/22: AraabMUZIK, AVICII, Beirut, Dre & Snoop, Fanfarlo, Girl Talk, Gotye, Housse de Racket, Justice, Lissie, Real Estate, Santigold, The Gaslamp Killer, The Growlers,

Good call on the edibles, very good call. I'm thinking for a marijuana patient, smoking a joint in the AM to relieve their pain would be great so they could enjoy the first acts. Edible around mid-afternoon that'll last into the night would be great for almost all conditions.. then little pinners to help you walk out of the concert on two feet.

thank you sir.

NO - do edibles at the end of the night; you'll be drowsy as fuck during the headliners - then again, you may just get some shite edibles that taste terrible and don't work at all.

get to know a guy who knows a guy - dont always trust what the dispensary is pushing

definitely do a sativa in the morning. Sour Diesel is probably one of the best sativa strains in cali. im gonna save my edibles for later in the nite for sleepy time, maybe doing one during the day so i dont have to smoke as much. a lot of dispensaries in cali have mostly shitty weed, believe it or not, with a few good strains here and there. OG Kush is a good indica, and if u can find Girl Scout Cookies, that's one of the best strains for sure. trust me, im a pro.

its all about crystals and resin/oil. look for crystals. if lots, good sign. distinguish crystals from white fuzz. white fuzz is not crystals.

if bud is heavy (dense, not fluffy), probably lots of oils inside, another good thing. u can tell when u smoke a joint, the mouth end will get all resiny and sticky and brown. thats the oils. = more stoney

Headband is another strain i highly recommend. Kaia is good too, but rare. Pure Kush is nice. Dont get caught up in the fruity shit. NO cherry this, berry that. once in a while the fruity shit might be good, but more often than not it sucks. i had a pineapple kush that was nice once.

your advise is useless, because dispensaries can call the shit they sell anything they want. just because they call it "Blue Dream" does not mean it is Blue Dream, or that it is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    your advise is useless, because dispensaries can call the shit they sell anything they want. just because they call it "Blue Dream" does not mean it is Blue Dream, or that it is any good.
    awh man, you're so right. it's like dealers, they all have their "Snow White" but every single dealer sells it as a different strain. I suppose you would have to know the dispensary. I'm thinking of breaking the law and searching for edibles in the camp ground.

Og is an indica dominant hybrid. not a kush
    Not an indica.

an unfinished indica will have the same cerebral effects as an overdone sativa.
    Chop them early they will be racey, chop them a week or two late and they will have couch lock.

The maturity of the tricombs tells the story. Amber trichs will tend to be a heavy load. Clear trichs will be more energetic. This is why some people get paranoid. Every ones body chemistry is different. Just like how riddlin(sp) is a stimulant that makes patients with ADHD calm. It has a reverse effect. So a sativa or an early cut flower could cause energy and anxiety if a patient with a normal chemical balance ingests.

Indica buds and certain purple strains tend to have more THC and a bit of CBD. Pain relief and droggy feeling. Sativas tend to have more CBD that causes your bodynto produce CBN this is like a mild hallucinogen that will pack some energy.

Either way if you smoke herb, the high(whatever the reaction) only lasts 15-45 minutes. Thins your blood, increases your heart rate and/or kicks your ass . After the initial high you will come down. This is the hunger, laziness and crash.
    Edibles will take longer to kick in and will stay active in the GI tract for one to three hours. The edibles will have the effect of the flowers or hash used to make them but are also usually accompanied by loss of motor skills due to undetermined dosage. A good edible maker has a formula of hash per pound of butter or oil. The formula stays the same so you can count on each treat having regulated amount of THC.

Be safe with edibles. They take awhile to kick in. California pot is not a joke. We have a serious tollerence and are always breeding for potency and buzz.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 04-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    lots of imposter strains out there. but your advice is also useless, because anyone can say anything they want.

it is better to know a guy or know someone who knows a guy

Your so sexy when you talk edibles.

I def shouldnt have taken all of those cookies at once.

I've blasted myself with 7 gram edibles before just for the experience, I use to eat as much as I could on one edible. My only purpose was listening to music and making it sound better. When you eat edibles, music goes right through you and it feels amazing. I find doing edibles and mushrooms have a lot in common when it comes to experiencing the sound of music. Anyways. Thanks for all of the suggestions, a lot of information to take in and a lot of stuff I already know. Edibles it is!

This was a useless thread.

You should kill yourself.

Vaporize hash every time you remember you are breathing and as long as the bag lasts.
    Eat edibles at night.

Why try to mimic mushrooms when you can take them?

You should kill yourself, bro. My indirect purpose for this thread was completed and I'm happy, and you'll never know why.

I'm taking mushrooms in heavy doses.

don't kill yourself

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I ate edibles the other day and my whole day was shot
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Serious^
    Been drinking this mothers milk. One shot will give me cotts, red eye and asleep. If I eat I will perk up for an hour and then right back to a puddle.

Not the bizznast at chella.

Kinda random question, I didn't want to open another thread about weed tho.

I just picked up some leaf from a buddy of mine who grows, the amount I purchased was broken up in to 4 different bags ( different strains) which I then put into a mason jar, and taped shut; so wouldn't be tempted to smoke it before coachella. Are there any issues with that? I was thinking I should maybe take them out of ziploc bags so the nugs don't get too moist.. Any advice is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I ate edibles the other day and my whole day was shot
    i hate that
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 619 View Post
    Kinda random question, I didn't want to open another thread about weed tho.

I just picked up some leaf from a buddy of mine who grows, the amount I purchased was broken up in to 4 different bags ( different strains) which I then put into a mason jar, and taped shut; so wouldn't be tempted to smoke it before coachella. Are there any issues with that? I was thinking I should maybe take them out of ziploc bags so the nugs don't get too moist.. Any advice is appreciated.
    u could open it and fluff it up once a day or so

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Last year our group had a load of edibles. I figured they would only be in the cookies. I was about 4 beers deep and tossed back 2 muffins around 10am and it hit me pretty hard. Vodka Red Bulls leveled me out a little but it took a while to get some life back in me

Thanks InColumbiaGorge
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Susy's brownies put me on my ass friday until like 5 pm. I'm staying away from edibles this year

Yea eating two edible muffins at 10am while four beers deep is a recipe for disaster my friend. Good thing you had the Vodka Red Bulls to help you get through the day. I've found that Vodka Red Bull is my drink of choice at Chella. Especially since I don't roll at all anymore.

Did the smallest cookie (probably the size of a half dollar) on Saturday in 2010. It was from a trusted source that I did buy herb from. That sucker knocked me out from 11am until the XX finished their set. Kind of annoying. I'll be making my own this year with 2g of keef probably over 2 batches of brownies. That way I can gauge my high a little better. Be safe and have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Does anyone know about out of state medical users? Do I have to be a California resident to get papers if I have Washington state papers? Or can I just bring my docs with me and be fine?

Not 100% sure, but if you find a collective that wants to have you, just make sure your verification hours are doable whilst you visit cali

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Og is an indica dominant hybrid. not a kush
    Not an indica.

an unfinished indica will have the same cerebral effects as an overdone sativa.
    Chop them early they will be racey, chop them a week or two late and they will have couch lock.

The maturity of the tricombs tells the story. Amber trichs will tend to be a heavy load. Clear trichs will be more energetic. This is why some people get paranoid. Every ones body chemistry is different. Just like how riddlin(sp) is a stimulant that makes patients with ADHD calm. It has a reverse effect. So a sativa or an early cut flower could cause energy and anxiety if a patient with a normal chemical balance ingests.

Indica buds and certain purple strains tend to have more CBD. Pain relief and droggy feeling. Sativas tend to have more CBN, this is like a mild hallucinogen that will pack some energy.

Either way if you smoke herb, the high(whatever the reaction) only lasts 15-45 minutes. Thins your blood, increases your heart rate and/or kicks your ass . After the initial high you will come down. This is the hunger, laziness and crash.
    Edibles will take longer to kick in and will stay active in the GI tract for one to three hours. The edibles will have the effect of the flowers or hash used to make them but are also usually accompanied by loss of motor skills due to undetermined dosage. A good edible maker has a formula of hash per pound of butter or oil. The formula stays the same so you can count on each treat having regulated amount of THC.

Be safe with edibles. They take awhile to kick in. California pot is not a joke. We have a serious tollerence and are always breeding for potency and buzz.
    This is probably the most informative, GOOD information I have ever read from you T. Thank you!

I popped in here because I am starting to get fairly serious about starting up my business selling gourmet goodies in SF and am looking to do it completely legally.

Firstly, I need to get my medical card reissued.

Secondly, do I necessarily need to grow my own crop to make my goodies or can I team up with someone else who is legally growing and use their clippings? Also, I know that in SF in order to sell food for profit you need to have a food safe certified kitchen... Should I look into renting a space?

Thirdly, does any one have advise for getting their foot in the door at dispensaries? Should I just bring some free samples in and hope they are serious when they try them?

Fourthly, I have some great ideas and some tested recipes that are just about ready for dosage regulation. Any test subjects out there want to taste some potent-gourmet-quality baked goods?

I can use all the help I can get, feedback would be great. The ideas and recipes I've got, I just need help with the legality end of it. Thank you!!!
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    This is probably the most informative, GOOD information I have ever read from you T. Thank you!

I popped in here because I am starting to get fairly serious about starting up my business selling gourmet goodies in SF and am looking to do it completely legally.

Firstly, I need to get my medical card reissued.

Secondly, do I necessarily need to grow my own crop to make my goodies or can I team up with someone else who is legally growing and use their clippings? Also, I know that in SF in order to sell food for profit you need to have a food safe certified kitchen... Should I look into renting a space?

Thirdly, does any one have advise for getting their foot in the door at dispensaries? Should I just bring some free samples in and hope they are serious when they try them?

Fourthly, I have some great ideas and some tested recipes that are just about ready for dosage regulation. Any test subjects out there want to taste some potent-gourmet-quality baked goods?

I can use all the help I can get, feedback would be great. The ideas and recipes I've got, I just need help with the legality end of it. Thank you!!!
    Goatchella dropped some knowledge. Definitely a grower or a friend of a grower. Seriously though, GTFO with your edible business. We're talking about the effects of marijuana and how it relates to Coachella here. There's plenty of MJ boards to talk about your edible business.