Thread: Golf before the debauchery

Default Golf before the debauchery

My group is planning to golf Friday morning to kick the weekend off. What courses are reasonably priced, but nice? Any recommendations?
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Golf before the debauchery

I'd love to if I wasn't camping. I want to on Monday but I will probably be too burnt out
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Thought about doing this on Thrs, but realized I'd be better served saving my energy for the weekend.

nice

Just played the Marriott, got in free from a friend, so not sure on the price. It was a fun course though.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstFeist View Post
    My group is planning to golf Friday morning to kick the weekend off. What courses are reasonably priced, but nice? Any recommendations?
    Escena Golf Club is pretty reasonable - Nicklaus designed course - gets good ratings. We are playing there Thursday for about $71 each I think. I was one of the top "new" course in CA a few years back when it opened. I say that's reasonable compared to the PGA West/La Quinta/Indian Wells courses that is....so depending on your price range of course.

I've only played Tahquitz Creek (18) and Tommy Jacobs Bel Air Greens (9) in Palm Springs so can't speak for the vast amount of courses between PS and Indio. Both have driving ranges. Escena is really nice but no driving range to get warmed up.

Tommy Jacobs was less than $20 when I played last November on a weekday. No frills, good course for a beginner like me.

I'm looking for anybody that wants to play on Wednesday the 11th or early morning Thursday 12th. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by profchaos View Post
    Just played the Marriott, got in free from a friend, so not sure on the price. It was a fun course though.
    Is that the Desert Willow Course across the street from the Marriott?

Quote Originally Posted by mjake07 View Post
    Escena Golf Club is pretty reasonable - Nicklaus designed course - gets good ratings. We are playing there Thursday for about $71 each I think. I was one of the top "new" course in CA a few years back when it opened. I say that's reasonable compared to the PGA West/La Quinta/Indian Wells courses that is....so depending on your price range of course.
    $71 sounds good. That the resident rate though?

$71 was the rate online for non-residents - after you enter the coupon code (it was just a matter of clicking on the link to search for codes - easy). As for the Desert Willow course, I've never been but I'm pretty sure it's across the highway and kind of in Palm Desert....

Oh this is actually not a bad idea. We are getting in super early Thursday, if we weren't camping I would consider it.

the muni course is $20... I-10 and Jackson
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

With threads like this is how you can tell you're getting old....

Having said that, green fees in Palm Springs/Catheral tend to be more expensive.

Here's a list of rates: http://www.palmsprings.com/golf/rateform.html#princess

You can find nice deals on some public courses, specially if you play in the afternoon.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

^ I am getting old.

This is exactly what I was hoping to find. Thanks (minus the old man jab)

would love to but i doubt there'd be space enough for mine and my friend's clubs in the car

Coachella started out as a weekend for me, but has morphed into my "sick of cold wet Vancouver spring" trip - golf, music, sunshine and relaxation....we stay the extra week now....totally worth it to kick back and relax after the craziness of the weekend

Where are you staying. A good course and a good price is the old Trilogy course, now called The Club at La Quinta, held the skins game for a few years

I would check click for tee times. They have alot of deals out here. What is your handi cap and how serious of a golfer are you guys. I play alot of golf out here as a full time resident and a 3 handicap. Just let me know what you are looking for spending wise and I can direct you a bit.

I'm a 10 handicap and just love playing the really good courses. This year we're playing Escena on the 12th, PGA West Stadium on the 17th and Desert Willow Firecliff on the 19th....may try and sneak one more round in before we leave on the 21st...there's no chance to get on the Madison Club is there?....totally private??

Thanks to this thread I've booked a tee time for the back nine at Escena the Thursday before Coachella. Really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjake07 View Post
    I'm a 10 handicap and just love playing the really good courses. This year we're playing Escena on the 12th, PGA West Stadium on the 17th and Desert Willow Firecliff on the 19th....may try and sneak one more round in before we leave on the 21st...there's no chance to get on the Madison Club is there?....totally private??
    Good choices. Stadium is or can play as tough as any course you've ever played...target golf and tough greens. If you get on at Madison, wait no, if you get even through the gates at Madison I'll be impressed. Depending of course who you are. It is like for Knox. But if that's your goal, try to find a way onto the Tradition. Way better, or the quarry. Desert willow is really nice too. How many are in your group? I'd play silver rock if you can, I'd also try to play the mountain course at the la Quinta resort if you can. Not the dunes. Mountain for beauty or silver rock or Norman at PGA west for a true desert course.

One of my favorites out here is silver rock, I'd maybe even play with you and get us on cheap. I'll check back more regularly. What dates are you here?

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    I've only played Tahquitz Creek (18) and Tommy Jacobs Bel Air Greens (9) in Palm Springs so can't speak for the vast amount of courses between PS and Indio. Both have driving ranges. Escena is really nice but no driving range to get warmed up.

Tommy Jacobs was less than $20 when I played last November on a weekday. No frills, good course for a beginner like me.

I'm looking for anybody that wants to play on Wednesday the 11th or early morning Thursday 12th. PM me.
    How was Tahquiz Creek? I'm playing there on Thurs.
    Last edited by Dede' Arneaux; 04-08-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way