Thread: FAA says Coachella to be a NO FLY ZONE - say bye bye to banners and the puff clouds..

Default FAA says Coachella to be a NO FLY ZONE - say bye bye to banners and the puff clouds..

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2012...xt|Frontpage|p

dang

I get the no dropping papers or anything for that manner, but the puff cloud plane was awesome!
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Default Re: FAA says Coachella to be a NO FLY ZONE - say bye bye to banners and the puff clou

FAA officials also will be on site to make sure pilots abide by the new regulations
    Sounds like a boondoggle to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Default Re: FAA says Coachella to be a NO FLY ZONE - say bye bye to banners and the puff clou

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The restrictions were announced Monday by U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer
    You would think she would have bigger fish to fry.

The flight restrictions come four years after a plane carrying confetti-like leaflets supporting President Barack Obama's campaign missed the concert venue and instead covered about 18 Indio neighborhoods.
    in hindsight, voters should have recognized that failure as a small precursor of things to come.
    -------------------------------
    Coachella
    2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012.1
    Lollapalooza
    1991, 1992, 2003

Either this wasn't regulated, The pilots/ advertisers didn't care, or it was all just a scheme to make the advertising companies get permits and pay premium prices to advertise at Coachella, probably the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.

lol yeah i wondered about this during the weekend. no shortage of flying shit

speaking of, what the hell are those flying drone-looking robots on the main stage? remote-controlled cameras or some shit?

yup, cameras.

and maybe planes/copters just weren't allowed to fly directly over the fest, but around the perimeter, where it seems most stayed.

Here's the actual FAA NOTAM:

"!TRM 04/009 (KPSP A0107/12) TRM AIRSPACE AIRCRAFT CONGESTION 2000/BLW 2 NMR TRM311005 AIRCRAFT INCLUDING BANNER TOWING AND MEDIA, ARE STRONGLY REQUESTED TO REMAIN AT OR ABOVE 2000 TO ENSURE CROWD SAFETY. AVOIDANCE ADZD WEF 1204191500-1204231900"

English: Avoidance advised 4/19/2012 8am to 4/23/2012 12pm, 2000 feet and below, 2 nautical mile radius around the venue: "AIRCRAFT INCLUDING BANNER TOWING ..."

A similar NOTAM was posted for weekend 1. Looking up at all the flying stuff, I'd say they were probably at least 2000 ft.

I think all stayed around the venue except that airplane with the streaming skrillex ad, which most certainly was above the venue and less than 2,000 feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Interestingly, the NOTAM is not a 'temporary flight restriction' (TFR). TFRs--stay the hell out of the airspace, no exceptions--are posted for legit stuff like presidential movement, forest fire-fighting, and the like. I don't think the FAA can bring about any enforcement action against pilots busting the 2000 ft./2 nm airspace. They may get a nasty phone call or something.

And for weekend 1, all the aircraft I saw were most definitely within 2nm, we couldn't have seen them otherwise. And I don't recall seeing any that I was sure were below 2000 ft. I tend to put a mental block on anything skrillex.

Why was every advertisement for some shitty DJ playing some shitty club in Vegas?

Easy. Because people like seeing shitty djs in shitty vegas clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.