Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

  1. #1
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Read the FAQ

    CAMPING ON SITE:

    All onsite camping is 18 + over (or accompanied by your parent).

    Everyone camping on site must also have a festival pass.

    Camping passes are NON transferable. You will NOT be able to purchase a camping pass without purchasing a festival pass. Please keep this in mind when planning your purchase.

    Car camping spots are 10x30 and require a car parked in each spot. You can have as many people camp in your spot as you can comfortably fit, however if you require overnight parking for an additional car you MUST purchase a car companion parking pass for the separate overnight companion parking lot. These are only available to purchase with a festival or camping pass and are limited to 1 per person. There is NO additional overnight parking available.

    Tent camping spots are 10x15 and come with one tent camping parking spot. You can have as many people camp in your spot as you can comfortably fit, however if you require overnight parking for an additional car you MUST purchase a tent companion parking pass. These are only available to purchase with a festival or tent camping pass and are limited to 1 per person. There is NO additional overnight parking.

    2012 Lake Eldorado spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" 10x13 foot safari-styled tent equipped with your choice of two cots or four cots. Each cot comes with a sleeping bag and pillow, which are yours to keep or to donate to charity. Each reservation will also come with one designated parking spot in the adjacent lot. 2012 El Dorado purchase includes festival passes (2 person tent comes with 2 passes, 4 person tent comes with 4 passes). If you require overnight parking for an additional car you MUST purchase a car companion parking pass for the separate overnight companion parking lot. These are only available to purchase with a festival or camping pass and are limited to 1 per person. There is NO additional overnight parking.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    So I assume that there is no separate camping ticket/pass? Because I don't see how this would work unless your festival ticket was also your camping pass.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    8,532

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Thanks supre.
    Translation


    Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14


    Last.fm





  4. #4
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,292

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    So I assume that there is no separate camping ticket/pass? Because I don't see how this would work unless your festival ticket was also your camping pass.
    This is the only way I can see it working. I would think that just means scalpers will be selling them together then.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    soon to be silverlake
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    suprefan always on top of everything,thanks mr. coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    I'm guessing you have to buy the camping pass in the same transaction as the festival ticket, and then they will print "COACHELLA 3-DAY PASS + CAMPING" on the ticket. Thus, if you were to sell it later, you'd have to sell it as both.

  7. #7
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,838

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Why would they go back to tickets?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Maybe you get your wristband at the gate once you check in? I dunno, just brainstorming.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Why would they go back to tickets?
    Camping passes last year were a vinyl square sticker-type thing that was essentially your "ticket." Obviously the wristbands worked well last year and we're not talking about going back to paper tickets but how camping will now be handled if there will be no separate ticket/pass to get into camping since it is now non-transferable.

  10. #10
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Why would they go back to tickets?
    where does it say ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  11. #11
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,073

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    this year the camping and festival passes will just be inserted up your butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  12. #12
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    RFID would make it easy to add camping code to the chip/festival wristband which also purchased the camping pass. So if I order 2 tickets and one camping, I receive a regular wristband for the festival and another one which let's me into the festival and could be scanned at the checkpoint into camping. That would make it "non transferable". These could still be scalped, but the investment would be much higher for the scalper.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  13. #13
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,838

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    where does it say ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by wewantmuse View Post
    and then they will print "COACHELLA 3-DAY PASS + CAMPING" on the ticket. Thus, if you were to sell it later, you'd have to sell it as both.
    Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    RFID would make it easy to add camping code to the chip/festival wristband which also purchased the camping pass. So if I order 2 tickets and one camping, I receive a regular wristband for the festival and another one which let's me into the festival and could be scanned at the checkpoint into camping. That would make it "non transferable". These could still be scalped, but the investment would be much higher for the scalper.
    So by your reasoning they won't be letting people that haven't purchased camping into the camp areas. I would bet that it will be just like last year. They just aren't going to let you have your camping pass shipped/sent to another party.

  14. #14
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    So by your reasoning they won't be letting people that haven't purchased camping into the camp areas. I would bet that it will be just like last year. They just aren't going to let you have your camping pass shipped/sent to another party.
    No, by my logic you could code a wristband with the camping pass and everyone in the vehicle gets in. Pedestrian traffic to car camping would be the same as last year. Try to keep up...
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  15. #15
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,092

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    What about those people who buy a festival pass, but then later decides that they want to camp?

  16. #16
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    What about those people who buy a festival pass, but then later decides that they want to camp?
    It sounds like they will have to make friendly with someone who bought themselves a camping pass.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  17. #17
    Member wstsidela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,734

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Fuck!! They make it more difficult every year. At least they can give me back my RV. How come the stoopid peckerwoods at Stagecoach get RVs? Maybe it's the trailer park/country music connection?
    Last edited by wstsidela; 05-31-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

  18. #18

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    It sounds like they will have to make friendly with someone who bought themselves a camping pass.
    dang.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    What happens if my friend (who is buying our camping pass) at the last minute can't go - a lot could happen in 10 months, then the rest of us who were going to use that camping pass can't go either? Because it can't be transferred to someone else in his party?

    Or maybe they are going to be printing off address/"household" on to the tickets and checking driver's licsense to match? What happens if you change households in the next 10 months? Maybe they are going just off of name? What happens if you get married in the next 10 months and your name legally changes on your driver's licsense?

    ...If they do anything like that, it will cause a lot of problems. So I'm guessing at most it will be a different colored wristband, or something, and everyone in that car gets to use the pass. Which, if that's true it is definitely transferrable, just that you have to transfer both your ticket/car pass together.

    I'd still like more official details to be released though prior to the pre-sale.

  20. #20
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    yeah, last year it was way too easy to get in with a camping pass, take shuttle to town, get in another car, driving in with same camping pass, take shuttle to town, get in another car, drive in with same camping pass..

    it would have been far more difficult without the shuttles, thanks GV!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  21. #21
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    wait. does it say anywhere that camping passes are even being sold during the presale? if they must be purchased at the same time as the festival pass, and camping isn't sold until reg tickets go on sale, does that mean that all presale tickets sold are non-camping only?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  22. #22
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    What happens if my friend (who is buying our camping pass) at the last minute can't go - a lot could happen in 10 months, then the rest of us who were going to use that camping pass can't go either? Because it can't be transferred to someone else in his party?

    Or maybe they are going to be printing off address/"household" on to the tickets and checking driver's licsense to match? What happens if you change households in the next 10 months? Maybe they are going just off of name? What happens if you get married in the next 10 months and your name legally changes on your driver's licsense?

    ...If they do anything like that, it will cause a lot of problems. So I'm guessing at most it will be a different colored wristband, or something, and everyone in that car gets to use the pass. Which, if that's true it is definitely transferrable, just that you have to transfer both your ticket/car pass together.

    I'd still like more official details to be released though prior to the pre-sale.
    tl;dr
    But to answer your first question....

    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  23. #23
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    wait. does it say anywhere that camping passes are even being sold during the presale? if they must be purchased at the same time as the festival pass, and camping isn't sold until reg tickets go on sale, does that mean that all presale tickets sold are non-camping only?
    It didn't. (I would say it doesn't, but since the FAQ page isn't working right this instance, that would be unverifiable).

    That said, the language about how camping passes aren't transferrable sorta implies they'll be available as part of the presale.

  24. #24
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,296

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    ALL passes are available during the advance sale
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  25. #25
    Member lovethelake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    hi there

  26. #26
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,296

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    its rude. plain and simple. dont copy paste emails between 2 people onto public board. the website says non transferable. if you cant deal with that then dont buy a camping ticket.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  27. #27
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    its rude. plain and simple. dont copy paste emails between 2 people onto public board. the website says non transferable. if you cant deal with that then dont buy a camping ticket.


    That is some next level customer service shit right there! Five fucking stars!
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  28. #28
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,296

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    DARN RIGHT!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  29. #29
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    ALL passes are available during the advance sale
    Thank you for the information.

  30. #30
    Member thetello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Camping Passes for 2012 are Non Transferable

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    where does it say ticket?
    thicket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:26 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
  4. Emailed Ticketmaster tickets transferable?
    By Ralawar in forum Passes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •