Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osheaga 2012

Default Re: Osheaga 2012

Sigur Ros has stated they are playign on Aug 3rd. So It would have to be Aug 5th for Lolla.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    They do in Canada
    Apparently. Surprised to see them so high and Franz so low, but I guess the last Franz album didn't really do well.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Sigur Ros has stated they are playign on Aug 3rd. So It would have to be Aug 5th for Lolla.
    The question is what slot would they get?
    I don't see them headlining the north field

Why is Rocky billed that high?

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Leyser who were the late adds last year?
    If I remember correctly they added cypress hill, BSS, and janelle monae (among others). All which I would consider to be fairly large acts to add on

Quote Originally Posted by Leyser View Post
    If I remember correctly they added cypress hill, BSS, and janelle monae (among others). All which I would consider to be fairly large acts to add on
    Cool thanks. Lolla had almost a 60% overlap with the Kanrocksas lineup last year so I am expecting and hoping for something similar this year with Osheaga.

Lurker

Lot's of recycled Coachella bands, but Brand New makes the festival a must for me.

WOW!!!! I am beyond excited for this lineup. Unreal. Definitely making the trip out there again this year.

Not sure who the third headliner will be. The dance stage was pretty spectacular last year, and that's where Bassnectar played, so I'm assuming Justice will end up there. Sigur Ros, Metric or Florence could all be the third headliner?

Bassnectar and Lupe were also late adds last year, so there is definitely some potential to get even better.

I think Justice will be the third headliner. They are way too big of a draw for anything but the main field. I would love it if they switched it up a little this year and put a band like Sigur Ros on the electronic stage against a headliner.

I'm going to wait to see day splits, but Sigur Ros/Garbage/Bloc Party/The Weeknd (among others) will probably get me there.

I'm going! Bought my tickets this morning. Osheaga is awesome, such an amazing experience.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Ok I need any and all info about this festival!!!!

Sigur Ros, Bloc Party, The Weeknd!!!!

Then Justice, Snoop, Garbage, A$AP, and Little Dragon?!

This is an amazing lineup
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Garbage, Franz and Bloc Party are pretty fucking fantastic and this is first North American festival that has booked any of them this year
    I hope all three end up at Lolla.
    Garbage does Edgefest 22 in Dallas in late April. 1 day festival.

MAIN STAGE

The Black Keys
    Garbage
    Cake
    Cage the Elephant
    Arctic Monkeys
    Neon Trees
    Civil Twilight
    Switchfoot
    Aranda

SECOND STAGE

Evanescence
    Blue October
    The Ting Tings
    Foxy Shazam
    Dead Sara
    The Features
    Chomsky

Evanescence on the B-stage? Only MOBY had mainstream popularity fade that quickly.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 03-21-2012 at 06:35 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Apparently. Surprised to see them so high and Franz so low, but I guess the last Franz album didn't really do well.
    Franz may or may not know if they album is released by that weekend, so that may be factor in billing order.

Metric are apparently very aggressively persuing Festivals this summer. OSL and Lolla should be likely(drummer lives in San Fran). An 80 second clip of one of their singles was leaked on the web and yanked - it's really really cool. I think Osheaga 2010 was their last public show in the Province. Metric don't have any solo shows booked at the moment 5 festivals and 1 opening slot for Beck. Sasquatch will be their first US show in about 18 months.

Oh man, I may be seeing half these bands at Coachella anyway, but I am so down for Osheaga. I've never been, but I love Montreal, and

(a) Montreal in August is quite nice
    (b) festival + poutine = WIN
    (c) the park they are holding it in is super-cool

Having never done Osheaga before, how does it compare with Coachella? I know it's smaller (around 30K people, right?) and ends earlier each night. But do they do cool stuff with the Parc, like adding art installations and such? Are the stages well-designed like Coachella? Are there after-parties like at Lolla?
    Last edited by AbundantChoice; 03-22-2012 at 08:32 AM.

I had to sell my tickets last year and I heard they made a few changes, but it's a really well run festival. No art installations. They have two main stages they rotate acts on, so there isn't as much downtime between two larger acts. It's Montreal, of course there will be after parties. 2010 had a sweet Chromeo afterparty. Best part of this festival? They have beer vendors (like at a sporting event) that sell beer in the crowds so you don't have to lose a good spot. Unfortunately it's Molson Canadian, but it's worth the convenience.

Pulled the trigger and bought a ticket today, even though none of my normal festival friends sound all that interested in coming along (Coachella is enough for them I think). Luckily it's just a drive away for me (Boston), so now I just need to find a decent hotel room and i'm sorted. That lineup is just too damn strong from top to bottom *not* to go!

If all of my friends end up bailing I might be interested in splitting a hotel room or apartment/condo rental (VRBO style) with someone if anyone on the board is interested (just PM me and maybe we can work something out).

August is going to be nuts. Up to Montreal for Osheaga, then a week break, then off to Indy for GenCon (35K strong boardgame/RPG convention), then off to CA/NV for Burning Man. Music-ery, Geek-ery, Freak-ery, all in one month.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbundantChoice View Post
    If all of my friends end up bailing I might be interested in splitting a hotel room or apartment/condo rental (VRBO style) with someone if anyone on the board is interested (just PM me and maybe we can work something out).
    I might be interested in this
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

Bam! Just booked a nice appartment downtown for cheap. Viva le pomplamousse!

Another good option like vrbo is www.airbnb.com.

^ Wow that site is awesome and the prices look good. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I love that site. I've used it a few times in the last year (NYC, SF, Maui, Montreal) and have found some fantastic places to stay for stellar prices.

Some nice adds!

The Jesus and Mary Chain, Common, Santigold, Knife Party, Wolfgang Gartner, Buraka Som Sistema, Fun., Adventure Club, The Airborne Toxic Event, Avec pas d’casque, Wintersleep, The Aggrolites, Yukon Blonde, Poliça, Memoryhouse, Keys N Krates, Prison Garde, Zombie Disco Squad, Mak 10 & Hyper MC, LP, Solids, FunkyFalz, Kaytradamus, Simon Called Peter, Vosper.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

I love how MGMT gets a longer set than Sigur Ros.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda