Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachella Board Mix Of The Week

Default Re: Coachella Board Mix Of The Week

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Hey, thanks for this link! I'm getting a few of the latest mixes that the links still work for.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Lincoln View Post
    Ok I've got 'em all,could still use a few more.Someone page Ron...
    I was thinkin' maybe we could get some Kinks on this mix. How about "Set Me Free" or "Waterloo Sunset". I would also love it if we could get "Ruby Tuesday" by the Stones. Whatever you want, Abe...just a few suggestions.

I've already finished the mix.It's funny,on the old boards someone had the Islands version of "Waterloo Sunset".Anyway,I'll be uploading soon,and you'll get a couple of cool Stones songs on there...
    (The mix resembles a Wes Anderson wet dream already!)
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Default Portable Imperial Party-Time

and yes I know it's "Don't Sleep In The Subway",it is right on the ID3 tag,unfortunately I omitted the artist name from the tag on the 13th Floor Elevators track.Otherwise I think it came out okay,I've listened a few times at work. When I hear the Red Krayola song I can't help but think of Dick Shawn as "L.S.D." in "The Producers".
    Last edited by Abe Lincoln; 01-16-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Sorry,I posted this at yousendit,the other sites didn't work for me last night.I'll try to re-up it and edit the post later...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

i like the vinyl hiss at the beginning and end. nice touch.

That is from 1 of the versions of the Dudley track from Beemp3.I just made it an overlay and reversed it at the end,thanks for noticing!

May I suggest we make the next mix a Coachella 2010 BoardMix with the artists who will be appearing this year?
    The announcement will be pretty soon,so the timing may be just right.
    If no-one objects my pick is (already confirmed):
    1. Muse - Feeling Good (Abe)
    Last edited by Abe Lincoln; 01-13-2010 at 12:10 AM.

nice. ill wait until the announcement. gettin excited. do you think it will really be released sometime this week?
    as predicted by nostradamus

I think it'll be Monday,depending on Pavement.Didn't they do 2008 on MLK Day,when Paul announced in Mexico City?

I heard rumours the line up may be coming out Thursday night/Friday morning. I think it will be the 18th at the very latest. Also, I have heard Pavement aren't going to play. So I think this list should be held off until the official line up release. Its not too far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

MOOFISH CATFISH

I've been jammin our number 19 mix. Everyday I have a new favorite song. Not only do the songs rip but the mix is so sweet too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I heard rumours the line up may be coming out Thursday night/Friday morning. I think it will be the 18th at the very latest. Also, I have heard Pavement aren't going to play. So I think this list should be held off until the official line up release. Its not too far off.
    What? What the Fuck? Don't play with my heart.

Or,if we want to be real ambitious,we could do one for each of the days.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Or,if we want to be real ambitious,we could do one for each of the days.
    that's actually a REALLY good idea, especially if we can get them done like right after the lineup comes out.

It'll be a great starting point for line up research for everyone
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I like the one playlist per day idea. Only one song per artist on the play list though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

i got the new APTBS and it's pretty damn good!
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

It's not like every artist each day has to be on the mix,about 17 or 18 usually makes an 80 min CD-sized mix.It's nice to get the top 3 lines usually...

i like the idea abraham. should be useful when the lineup comes out.

Just as an example,here's one I made for last year (link doesn't work,tho'):
    but I think it'd be more fun as a boardmix,with everybody excited over different artists.More representative of Coachella itself.Communal-like.

maybe we could have 3 different mixers. if someone wants to step up. give the mixes each a different feel. if you're up for a day, i'd be up for one.

Yeah,after the line-up announce,just see which day appeals to you most.I'll take any day.

i re-up'd mix 7 on the list for those interested. the link was dead.

Thanks,buddy.I don't think I even have that one anymore...

Great cover art on that Sunday mix, Abe.

I wonder if the lineup will reflect our two favorite songs mixes.

OK,here is the lineup.If you wouldn't mind,buddy,I would love to take on Sunday! (but really,I'm fairly impressed with the lineup all 3 days,and wouldn't mind doing any of them)
    FRIDAY COACHELLA BOARDMIX:

SATURDAY COACHELLA BOARDMIX:
    1. Muse - Feeling Good (Abe)

SUNDAY COACHELLA BOARDMIX:

sure thats fine. maybe add a song for each day, so we get enough. same goes with everybody else.