Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1837

Thread: Coachella Board Mix Of The Week

Default Re: Coachella Board Mix Of The Week

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Lincoln View Post
    Done!
    Amazing I've never caught that in probably 50 listens to that album,back when it was a bootleg...
    i think i only noticed it because the scorsese documentary, No Direction Home

I need the Elbow
    Working on it...

OK,I got all of the tracks now,thanks everyone for the PM's! The mix could still use a few more...did stuporfly have a pick?
    1. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (Royal Albert Hall Concert 1966) (buddy)
    2. Frank Sinatra - Chicago (Sinatra & Sextet live in Paris) (abe)
    3. The Drones - River of Tears (Sydney's State Theater 2008) (bleep)
    4. The Cramps - Thee Most Exalted Potentate Of Love (from Smell Of Female album) (soul)
    5. Portishead - Roads (Roseland NYC Live) (Newro7ic)
    6. Noel Gallagher - Cast No Shadow (Tibetan Freedom Concert Disc 1) (drinkey mcdrinkerstein)
    7. The Beat Farmers - Happy Boy (from Loud and Plowed and .. Live!!) (TomAz)
    8. Billy Bragg - St. Monday (Live from KSGR Broadcasts Vol. 10) (HR)
    9. Elbow & The BBC Concert Orchestra - Bones Of You (Live at Abbey Road) (BlackSwan)
    10. Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus (VH1 Storytellers) (rage patton)
    11. Lou Reed - Sweet Jane (Gonshman)
    12. Arcade Fire - Antichrist Television Blues (Enmore Theatre, Sydney) (missingperson)
    Last edited by Abe Lincoln; 02-26-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

1. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (Royal Albert Hall Concert 1966) (buddy)
    2. Frank Sinatra - Chicago (Sinatra & Sextet live in Paris) (abe)
    3. The Drones - River of Tears (Sydney's State Theater 2008) (bleep)
    4. The Cramps - Thee Most Exalted Potentate Of Love (from Smell Of Female album) (soul)
    5. Portishead - Roads (Roseland NYC Live) (Newro7ic)
    6. Noel Gallagher - Cast No Shadow (Tibetan Freedom Concert Disc 1) (drinkey mcdrinkerstein)
    7. The Beat Farmers - Happy Boy (from Loud and Plowed and .. Live!!) (TomAz)
    8. Billy Bragg - St. Monday (Live from KSGR Broadcasts Vol. 10) (HR)
    9. Elbow & The BBC Concert Orchestra - Bones Of You (Live at Abbey Road) (BlackSwan)
    10. Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus (VH1 Storytellers) (rage patton)
    11. Lou Reed - Sweet Jane (Gonshman)
    12. Arcade Fire - Antichrist Television Blues (Enmore Theatre, Sydney) (missingperson)
    13. the specials from the album dance craze...live!, "too much too young" (((mr.fuzz))) __I only have this on tape and I can't find it on the internet but maybe someone else has it...

Does live on the radio count, because this song is amazing. Ducktails - Backyard (live WFMU). The mp3 is available on last FM. http://www.last.fm/music/Ducktails/_...+(live+on+wfmu)

Re: that Dance Craze track,unless someone can PM me that,I doubt I'll find it.I've owned copies of Dance Craze in various formats since the early '80's,but I don't think I've ever had that song on any of them.I do have a killer live version of "Monkey Man" from The Concerts for Kampuchea album.
    Last edited by Abe Lincoln; 02-27-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Please put Monkey Man on. Fantastic song, live and otherwise.

I'm puttin it on,for Whiskers,and I believe Mr. Harry Carey would have found a way to enjoy it as well.After he got over the consternation and confusion,that is.

The best song on that Kampuchea album was Armagideon Time. They fucking killed it. 2nd place, Robert Plant with Rockpile.

man I loved that whole album.

But if you're taking 2nds, I want to add Bob Marley "Get Up Stand Up" from "Live". that's some transcendent shit right there. whoah.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The Rockpile stuff on Kampuchea always pissed me off,I had no idea who Dave Edmunds was then,and I just wanted to hear Elvis,The Clash & The Specials.Anyway,the mix is done,just figuring out how to get it on here now...

The more I listen to that River Of Tears,the more I like it.Great choice!

If you need more submissions Echo & The Bunnymen's "Ocean Rain" Live was a bonus track from the 2003 reissuing of Ocean Rain I think. You should be able to find it but I can send it if needed.

Default Re: Coachella Board Live Bands Mix

The Cramps - Thee Most Exalted Potentate Of Love
    The Specials - Monkey Man
    The Beat Farmers - Happy Boy
    Arcade Fire - Antichrist Television Blues
    Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
    Frank Sinatra - Chicago
    Lou Reed - Sweet Jane
    Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus
    Noel Gallagher - Cast No Shadow
    Portishead - Roads
    The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
    The Drones - River Of Tears
    Billy Bragg - St. Monday
    Elbow - The Bones Of You
    Last edited by Abe Lincoln; 03-01-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    If you need more submissions Echo & The Bunnymen's "Ocean Rain" Live was a bonus track from the 2003 reissuing of Ocean Rain I think. You should be able to find it but I can send it if needed.
    Look on the "No Puppies" mix.That version is great..

yeah that was mine from that mix. one of my favorites. thanks for the live mix abe.

Aw sorry I was a repeat and a bit late! I'll stay close to this thread more I don't know why I haven't been contributing as much.

Aw sorry I was a repeat and a bit late! I'll stay close to this thread more I don't know why I haven't been contributing as much.
    your name called you here, or i did. either way that's a great song.

The more I listen to that River Of Tears,the more I like it.Great choice!
    heh, i'm chuffed that you like it. here's the visual that accompanies that audio.

The mix as it is now is unfinished.What happened was I made it on my laptop,burned it to CD and imported into iTunes,where I discovered that the Dylan track starts too late,and the Elbow track ends too early.I wanted to post it up last night,so I fixed the problem in iTunes by changing the End times on both,but I will try to up a proper fix later tonight or tomorrow.

oh. now you tell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

It's fixed now.Mediafire link when you click the lighter...

thanks abe i fixed the link on the list, too.

I'm really digging that "Chocolate Jesus" track.

I just listened on CD,and I have to fix one last thing.MixMeister slowed the Arcade Fire track down,even though I had not set it to Beatmix! Fixed it and have to re-up.Very sorry for all the trouble with this one,especially to you buddy,for having to redo the links thing...

Thank God you told us, I thought my ears were broken.

So do you think that the proper timing makes the song sound any better???

way better,I was so worried about getting the timing of the heckler/televangelist right,I didn't preview the entire song again.

OK,it's fixed now.For good.

Magic, much appreciated.