Thread: BRMC - new album & tour dates

Default BRMC - new album & tour dates

After many announcements in the forum and news section over the past few weeks, we'd like to fill everyone in on some news pertaining to the the first single, the album release and formats and the upcoming run of tour dates.

Radio:
    The first single is the title track "Beat The Devil's Tattoo" - AOL Spinner will be world premiering a stream of the track starting this Friday, January 22nd starting at 11am Pacific Time.

As some of you heard, Nick Grimshaw at BBC's Radio 1 in London gave the track it's radio debut on Wednesday night. Please give the station a shout to tell them what you think.

Album Release & Formats:

1. Beat The Devil's Tattoo
    2. Conscience Killer
    3. Bad Blood
    4. War Machine
    5. Sweet Feeling
    6. Evol
    7. Mama Taught Me Better
    8. River Styx
    9. The Toll
    10. Aya
    11. Shadow's Keeper
    12. Long Way Down
    13. Half-State

"Beat The Devil's Tattoo" will be released March 8th in the UK & Europe and March 9th in North Hollywood and will available in a variety of formats. The first 50k copies in the US will come on a special edition black disc. In the UK & Europe, there will be a standard jewel case version containing the 13 album tracks, as well as a deluxe version that comes in the same special packaging as the US release and contains the 13 album tracks plus two B-Sides.

A Vinyl edition will be released as well and will contain the track "Annabel Lee."

The album will also be available for pre-order on iTunes starting in the US on February 9th and in the UK & Europe on February 8th (awaiting confirmation). All pre-orders will come with an instant download of the track "Beat The Devil's Tattoo."

The US iTunes Version will have the album only track "Annabel Lee," a Digital Booklet of the album art as well as the B-Side Track "1:51" (exclusive to the pre-order period). The UK/European iTunes version will include the album only track "Annabel Lee" and the Digital Booklet.

Exclusive album bundles will be available for order soon from our new merch store which will be launching soon, and will be featuring some new items.

Tour Update:
    As a reminder, the world tour is on sale now with in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London, and Brighton already selling out.

A 3rd show in LA has been added and will take place on March 12th at The Echoplex. T his will be the last show in LA on this tour and there are only a handful of tickets remaining for it, as well as for the April 8th show in New York at Webster Hall

After briefly moving from it's home at The Phoenix in Toronto, Ontario, the April 1st show has returned to The Phoenix and is now sold out. To accommodate the demand for tickets, a second show has been added in Toronto at The Phoenix on April 11th. This show is On Sale Now!

The UK tour will now start in London on April 15th at The Electric Ballroom. Tickets are On Sale Now and going quickly now that the April 23rd show at The Forum is Sold Out.

Additionally the band has added a show at the Rockhouse in Salzburg, Austria on May 19th. Tickets for this show are On Sale Now.

Support for the US tour will come from:

The Whigs:
    2/26: Sacramento, CA / Harlow's Nightclub
    2/27: Reno, NV / The Knitting Factory
    2/28: Las Vegas, NV / Wasted Space @ The Hard Rock
    3/2: Denver, CO / The Gothic Theatre
    3/4: Boise, ID / Knitting Factory
    3/5: Seattle, WA / Showbox
    3/6: Vancouver, BC / Commodore Ballroom
    3/7: Portland, OR / Wonder Ballroom
    3/9: San Francisco, CA / Slim's
    3/11: Los Angeles, CA / Echoplex
    3/12: Los Angeles, CA / Echoplex
    3/13: San Diego, CA / House of Blues

Band Of Skulls:
    3/18: Dallas, TX / House of Blues
    3/20: Houston, TX / House of Blues
    3/21: Tulsa, OK / Cain's
    3/23: St. Louis, MO / The Pageant
    3/24: Madison, WI / High Noon Saloon
    3/25: Chicago, IL / The Metro
    3/26: Milwaukee, WI / Turner Hall
    3/27: Minneapolis, MN / First Ave
    3/30: Columbus, OH / Newport Music Hall

Support for the rest of the US dates will be announced soon.

Support for the Electric Ballroom show will come from Little Fish and the UK & European support will be announced shortly.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support and we hope to see you soon.
    BRMC

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: BRMC - new album & tour dates

their website's "tour dates" link takes to to a pollstar page. fail.

I'm looking forward to this. I think I'm going to the SF show on the 9th, and to their appearance at amoeba the next day.

nice, I'll be at the show on the 13th, can't wait. this reminds me to check around in that thread that we pretend doesn't exist and shouldn't talk about...I'm dying to hear the new stuff in it's entirety.

Admittedly, I don't keep up on new releases like most of you but I had no idea BRMC had a new album out this year until I saw them on one of those Best of '10 lists. It's fantastic and certainly deserves more recognition.

BRMC kicks ass.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

such a short lived thread. sad. not that this album deserved much excitement.

agreed, shaker. I really like a few songs on Beat the Devil's Tattoo, but there are some that are cringe-worthy. rough year for them - Robert's father Michael Been passed away and Robert was recently tried in Munich for damaging someone's eye after tossing a water bottle into a crowd.

in other news, I just got this in the mail earlier this week but haven't watched it yet:

NEW BRMC ‘LIVE FROM LONDON’ DVD COMING SOON!

On April 23rd, 2010 BRMC sold out the historic Forum in London. To capture the night, 8 HD cameras were brought in and the footage will be released as “Live In London” on November 1st.

The disc will be available for purchase with this years album “Beat The Devil’s Tattoo” at all HMV stores in the UK. It can also be ordered on Amazon.com and Play.com

BRMC fans around the world can order the DVD straight from the band website starting Friday November 5th and can have the option of adding an exclusive shirt with their order along with the option of getting the audio as mp3 files.

“Live in London” was mixed by long time collaborator/co-producer Michael Been, the final project he worked on with the band.

The DVD will also be for sale at all BRMC headline shows throughout Europe and the UK.

The track listing for “Live In London” is

War Machine
    Mama Taught Me Better
    Red Eyes and Tears
    Bad Blood
    Beat The Devil’s Tattoo
    Shade of Blue
    Ain’t No Easy Way
    Aya
    Berlin
    Weapon of Choice
    Annabel Lee
    Awake
    Whatever Happened To My Rock n’ Roll (Punk Song)
    Conscience Killer
    Six Barrel Shotgun
    Spread Your Love
    Shuffle Your Feet
    Shadow’s Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    such a short lived thread. sad. not that this album deserved much excitement.
    See, this is how I felt about the album but then hearing the new tunes live really made me appreciate it whereas before it felt like they were sort of mailing it in. It's in my top 20 of the year.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Attached Images Attached Images

Saturday night in June at the Wiltern!! Sounds like a boardie meetup night, who's in? Some Korean BBQ and/or Beer Belly beforehand? I can buy some extra tickets at the Palladium box office is anyone else wants to save on the fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -