Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking on Avenue 50..

Default Re: Walking on Avenue 50..

Quote Originally Posted by sidsjiff View Post
    1 hour ride from Indian Palms? That's ridiculous.
    Note, I said one hour door to door so that means leaving our house (in southeast corner of IPCC) through getting inside of actual festival grounds. The bike riding part of that was probably a little under half, like 20 min.

Quote Originally Posted by sidsjiff View Post
    But the bottom line is that it would be so easy to make this a bicycle accessible festival but neither GV or Indio care.
    Couldn't agree more.

I actually took a bike the first day and they ended up making us go around the entire venue pretty much.. They let me go down Monroe.. I think it had a lot to do with Staff not really knowing how to get around as well.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

We took a different route every day. Not because we wanted to but because we were directed to. On Saturday I ignored them when they tried to keep me from using Madison to get to the festival. I just said no and kept riding. On Sunday they made us go all the way up to Jefferson. That was grueling.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

If your house is on ave 50, IPD will have issued you a resident pass. They will also have issued you a blue wrist band allowing you to walk on ave 50. If you didnt get these then call
    Jason Anderson @ IPD @ 760-289-5169.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Actually my house was on the other side of Avenue 50.. There are only a few houses there...

Anyways.. It seriously was a GIGANTIC pain in the ass to walk there and I ended up driving the next two days..

Thanks for this. We got the blue car pass.. but no wristbands. I rented a small townhouse on a lot with about 5 of them or so. Oh well, too late to do anything now.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this seems like the most appropriate thread to post this is, especially since it seems most people in here have stayed in Indian Palms. My friends and I have a house in the southeast corner of Indian Palms(Matthau Dr), right near Jackson and Ave 50. We’re getting there late Thursday and don’t have time to rent bikes beforehand, so our options are essentially walking or driving. After reading this and a few other threads it seems if you don’t have a bike and aren't right by Monroe and 48th you’re kind of fucked for walking. At the moment I’m planning on driving because as much of a hassle as the traffic and day lots probably are, I can’t imagine it to be worse than 6 miles of walking every day. Anyone have any experience with driving from IP to the fest? Or is there any route that will cut down the walk time? Any advice or experiences on getting to fest from deep IP would be greatly appreciated.

People. Stop. Please.

Yeah walking isn't going to work for you HumanRobot, your house is actually a little further than ours last year (Wayne). You could try parking near the IP front gate with your neighborhood pass on dash and walking from there, but I think the best bet is to try to park in the new VIP-adjacent day parking lot labeled 1C on the new map. Might be a risk if that turns out not to be what it says it is, but if that is an actual open to GA passes lot, then you could get in and out of there in no time.

So did the extension of the yellow path past the Shuttles to Avenue 49 help?

I saw a lot of bikes parked along the fence near the Shuttle entrance and a lot of pedestrian traffic coming in that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I also stayed in Indian Palms last year. It looks SO close on the map, but the walk from where we were (Sherman Dr) was about 1 - 1.5 hours through dusty walkways. That also presents a problem for biking, since all the paths are dirt/dust, so it may be a bit tricky if you're not a good biker!

It's a good location though. We ended up renting taxis on the 2nd and 3rd days, and they cost about 20$ to get there.

Walking on Avenue 50 will be doing a surprise set in the Gobi.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1984 View Post
    I also stayed in Indian Palms last year. It looks SO close on the map, but the walk from where we were (Sherman Dr) was about 1 - 1.5 hours through dusty walkways. That also presents a problem for biking, since all the paths are dirt/dust, so it may be a bit tricky if you're not a good biker!

It's a good location though. We ended up renting taxis on the 2nd and 3rd days, and they cost about 20$ to get there.
    i've stayed at IPPC the last 3 years and it has never taken me 1.5 hours..the longest has always been under 1 hour..y'all must walk really slow and I always hop the wall right around monroe and 49th instead of going all the way around..granted the place I stay is a 5 min walk from the wall...a few years ago I still walked close to a mile to the wall and hopped it..i'd rather stay at IPCC than anywhere else to be honest
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Walking on Avenue 50 will be doing a surprise set in the Gobi.
    They had such a great set.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening