Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Weather Watch

Default Re: 2012 Weather Watch

Latest prediction from weather.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    where are you seeing this? I checked weather.com, accuweather, and nws and didn't see anything that would be classified as high wind advisory.

Hmm, the warning I read on National Weather Service has the 50mpg gusts for Wednesday, I thought I had read it for Friday.

A SECOND...COLDER...STRONGER...AND POTENTIALLY WETTER TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL THEN TAKE AIM AT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FOR THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY. PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD ACROSS THE REGION ON THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH THE BRUNT OF IT FALLING DURING THE DAY ON FRIDAY. THE THREAT OF SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE REGION FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY. THIS STORM WILL BE COLDER...WITH SNOW LEVELS FALLING TO AROUND 4500 FEET BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON...AND MAY BE LOCALLY LOWER WITH THE STRONGER SHOWERS THROUGH SATURDAY. THIS SYSTEM WILL ALSO BRING PERIODS OF LOCALLY GUSTY SOUTHWEST TO WEST WINDS TO THE MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS.
    I don't know if this means if the gusts will be stronger than the Wednesday ones:

THE WEATHER PATTERN WILL START TO CHANGE THIS WEEK...AS A SERIES OF SYSTEMS TAKE AIM AT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. THE FIRST TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE ACROSS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LATE TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY...BRINGING MUCH COOLER WEATHER...AS WELL AS LIGHT TO MODERATE PRECIPITATION. RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL LIKELY RANGE BETWEEN A THIRD AND TWO THIRDS OF AN INCH FOR MOST LOCATIONS WEST OF THE MOUNTAINS...WITH AN INCH TO 1.5 INCHES POSSIBLE ALONG THE FAVORED COASTAL SLOPES. THE DESERTS MAY ALSO SEE LIGHT AMOUNTS...WITH UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH POSSIBLE. SNOW LEVELS WILL START OUT RELATIVELY HIGH WITH THIS SYSTEM...ABOVE 7500 FEET...BUT FALL TO AROUND 5500 FEET ON WEDNESDAY. THIS MEANS THAT SOME OF THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE MOUNTAINS MAY SEE SEVERAL INCHES OF NEW SNOW. THIS STORM WILL ALSO BRING MODERATE AND GUSTY SOUTHWEST TO WEST WINDS TO THE MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS...WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

Tornado "confirmed" for the Outdoor stage. Friday, sunset slot.

Earthquakes are forecasted for Saturday. Bring your ponchos!
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

As long as it didn't take down a stage or the lighting I would kill for an lil earthquake @ Coachella. Just think of the chaos and smiles after it was over. Haha! Imagine the Sahara, bro's tripping "Whoa, did you feel that bass drop!"

Inara George commenting on the mini-tornado during the Bird and the Bee in 2008 was one of the most memorable moments of my 7 Coachellas.

wind sucks man... Wind was a contributing factor to Paul Oakenfolds set to be so shitty back in 2001. At least I remember his records skipping... but DJ's don't use records anymore. right? Well the wind can't be good for the big screens on the main.
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

I think the screens are more mesh-like nets of LEDs.

You guys are so funny about shit...they drop the lineup, you bitch about it first, then you psychoanalyze the shit out of it and start in on the calculated predictions. Now it's the weather forecasts and how some of you might freeze to death or shrink, and others want to go on full-on bake, which in turn becomes another psycho-session. I can understand it if you were all showing up in your candy undies attire and were planning on staying for 2 weeks, but c'mon, it's the desert and it's April. It could go maybe 10* either way, and yes, it could rain... Is that gonna ruin your Coachella and have you running for home, or will you be able to figure out a tent to stand in, or a tree to stand under if need be... it's all up to you. Personally, being a local, I'd be more concerned about the wind if it picks up because well, obviously dwellings could come undone. But, guess what? When the fest is over and you come back here, you'll have a whole new subject to start the ball rolling again, stories will be shared, and you'll all be back again next year. It's only 3 days folks. Bring a jacket or hoodie and a pair of jeans. Nobody's gonna give a shit if you have to wear them all 3 days if we're all in the same boat. And if it really is an inconvenience for you, just keep telling yourself it's only for 3 days of blissful behavior and good music and then go home to the same ol' shit you're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    You asshat. How am I supposed to wear my tiny shorts?
    Like this.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Earthquakes are forecasted for Saturday. Bring your ponchos!
    Seeing as we just had a small one, and I know that most of you think California will fall off of the US, whatever you do, don't fucking panic and start a whole new disaster in the crowd. Seriously, that's my biggest fear as far as an earthquake at Coachella goes... The freaking fools that think they're gonna die and the chaos that would follow. If you were near a tall object or stage, I'd advise moving quickly away, but if you're out in the field away from anything that could fall, don't stress and panic. I'd say the same goes for the tents. Yes, they could drop, I imagine, but with all the wide open that surrounds them, if everyone just got the fuck out in a mellow manner, less would get hurt than if everyone freaked and started trampling each other to death. Just my opinion after living here for 20 some years.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

fuck im dying..
    Quote Originally Posted by apachedino View Post
    As long as it didn't take down a stage or the lighting I would kill for an lil earthquake @ Coachella. Just think of the chaos and smiles after it was over. Haha! Imagine the Sahara, bro's tripping "Whoa, did you feel that bass drop!"

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Seeing as we just had a small one, and I know that most of you think California will fall off of the US, whatever you do, don't fucking panic and start a whole new disaster in the crowd. Seriously, that's my biggest fear as far as an earthquake at Coachella goes... The freaking fools that think they're gonna die and the chaos that would follow. If you were near a tall object or stage, I'd advise moving quickly away, but if you're out in the field away from anything that could fall, don't stress and panic. I'd say the same goes for the tents. Yes, they could drop, I imagine, but with all the wide open that surrounds them, if everyone just got the fuck out in a mellow manner, less would get hurt than if everyone freaked and started trampling each other to death. Just my opinion after living here for 20 some years.

but lets just say the earth did shake at coachella imagine the car camping destruction all those cars and coleman gas tanks exploding....

im bored just saying...

wtf are you talking about? car camping destruction? cars will not explode because of an earthquake unless something huge falls on it causing a gas leak, same with coleman gas tanks. Highly unlikely in a makeshift town where everything is made of tents.

cgi in this is shit...
    still don't know what this movie was about

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Latest prediction from weather.com

unless the earthquake is huge, hardly anyone will feel it in a big open field or a tent with loud music playing.

nah man fuck that...
    i dont know ...

trolled

you can always warm up in the sahara tent
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

what the fuck are all of you talking about?? relax a bit mk? maybe don't check the weather till wednesday. it could do you some good.

Damn, first ever Coldchella?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I'm just saying that IF the BIG ONE should hit at Coachella, try not to turn the polo field into a jumbo mosh pit of stupidity, okay?

^ i totally agree. But man, imagine if the big one does happen. Dying at Coachella... hell of a send off if you ask me.

National Weather Service - Indio 33.71N 116.22W (Elev. -6 ft)

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Friday: Showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Friday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy and windy, with a low around 48.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Sunday sounds lovely.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 04-09-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That doesn't sound very nice. At all. Not breaking 70 for 2 days is a rough one.

People round here seem to loathe the prospect of oppressive heat but I would much prefer triple digit temps during the day to this forecast.
    Last edited by Ross1492; 04-09-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Duly noted: the weather preferences of some stranger on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

50 percent chance of Explosions in the Sky

Rainy, windy, cooler weather on way to Coachella Valley

9:00 PM, Apr. 8, 2012
    Written by Denise Goolsby
    The Desert Sun

The desert's summer-like temperatures will continue through Tuesday, but rainy, windy, and cooler weather is on the horizon. A storm system moving in from the Pacific could scatter some showers on the valley by mid-week, said AccuWeather.com meteorologist Erik Pindrock.

“It looks like it could get quite windy on Wednesday, 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph,” he said, “with temperatures in the low to mid-70s.”

No rain is expected Thursday, but on Friday, a second storm system is expected to drop “a couple of showers,” across the valley, and winds could “crank back up again,” he said.

Mount San Jacinto and other nearby mountain ranges will get the lion's share of the precipitation, while the desert will get just a smattering of the wet stuff.

“You guys are notorious for being ripped off for the rain,” he said.

Basically a typical desert storm...the mountains will get the worst of it, and the valley will get a few drops here and there. Nothing to worry about.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I welcome the cooler weather with open arms. I would much rather be watching a set in 70 degree weather than 95 degree weather. Sounds beautiful.