Thread: How's the alternative music scene in Atlanta, GA? Got an awesome job offer!

Question How's the alternative music scene in Atlanta, GA? Got an awesome job offer!

Good evening guys,

Thanks all for reading and taking your time. Just quick couple questions for you in ATL..
    I recently got offered a position for a company's newly finished offices in Atlanta with a
    great paying salary. I'll be their Creative Director and handle all art/graphic and user interface needs.

I was wondering, how is the music scene over there in Atlanta? I live in Phoenix, AZ and it's not too big, so I would imagine something better..
    Any information is much appreciated! Thanks again.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: How's the alternative music scene in Atlanta, GA? Got an awesome job offer!

How do you feel about black people?
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Default Re: How's the alternative music scene in Atlanta, GA? Got an awesome job offer!

Hahaha, I don't mind it.

it's pretty darn good actually. i live in LA, but I spent all of last summer there and I really enjoyed it. i'll be going back in April for about three months and am looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Really? That's great to hear coming from someone who lives in LA. I live in PHX and the scene isn't so huge here but enough to keep me slightly content. I definitely should expect a little bit more rise in our type of music scene.
    Living in Atlanta, might as well go to Forecastle, Hang Out, Bonnaroo, etc!

I moved to the Atlanta area from Santa Barbara three years ago and was pleasantly surprised by the live scene. There's half a dozen good venues for smaller acts, and a lot of the bigger bands play Philips Arena (I saw Radiohead there a couple weeks ago). Most tours come through town sooner or later, and some bands that don't play Atlanta play the 40 Watt in Athens, which is only 90 minutes away. I've seen more shows here than I did in CA simply because it's less of a hassle getting into Atlanta than it was getting into LA.

This is great news hearing!! Thank you Roberto!! I as well lived near Santa Barbara and even Santa Cruz, music scene was content there and for here in PHX, it's alright. I'm definitely looking forward to move now