Thread: Above & Beyond Group Therapy LA

Default Above & Beyond Group Therapy LA

Tickets went on sale today and sold out in just over 2 hours for both days! Saturday was sold out in pre-sale. Insomniac is now trying to add a third night. I was really hoping Above & Beyond were going to be at Coachella but they are in Europe during that time. I'm really excited! I've been waiting to see them live for a really long time. It has never worked out before.

Who else is going to one (or both) of these shows?

Default Re: Above & Beyond Group Therapy LA

woops. that didn't come up when i searched :-/

Ill be there for sure! Sucks that they werent at Coachella!

Goin to the first show, gonna be epic. Their new podcasts have been top notch, can't wait to hear it live.

Reallllly hoping they bring Andrew Bayer and Arty. But Mat Zo, Lange or Nitrous Oxide would be superb.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

I'm hoping for Mat Zo and Arty! Does anyone know what time this goes till? Some places it says till 2 and some places it says 4.

Insomniac is advertising it as a 9pm-4am event, it's safe to say those are the hours.

The flier says 2 but their website says 4... and their fb event says 2. Well hopefully it goes till 4! I just feel bad for A&B, they have to play a pool party on Sunday in Vegas. I don't think they ever get to sleep.

I have 2 tickets for sale for the thursday night show if anyone is looking, $35.

Original thread: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...-thursday-5-17

Hey All:

I am driving up from SD this weekend for the Clips games (go Clippers!) and I was looking for something to do Sat night and this looks like a great option. Does anyone know if a cab would be crazy expensive from the Vibe hostel in Hollywood (5922 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028)? Or else I could probably take a bus and then cab it back to save some money since I shelled out a ton of cash for game tickets. Also, if anybody has an extra for Saturday let me know. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremywww View Post
    Hey All:

I am driving up from SD this weekend for the Clips games (go Clippers!) and I was looking for something to do Sat night and this looks like a great option. Does anyone know if a cab would be crazy expensive from the Vibe hostel in Hollywood (5922 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028)? Or else I could probably take a bus and then cab it back to save some money since I shelled out a ton of cash for game tickets. Also, if anybody has an extra for Saturday let me know. Thanks in advance!
    Shouldn't be crazy expensive...maybe $25. If you can metro or bus it, it's pretty easy and like $2 or something, so I'd recommend that.

If you are going to cab it back...DEFINITELY leave early. Getting a cab in that area is horribly difficult especially at night. I left HHM 30-40 min early and didn't have an issue. But people who left when it ended were screwed.

There is also the metro - just cab it back after 2am

Quote Originally Posted by jeremywww View Post
    Hey All:

Take the metro there and cab back. you can find a cab calculator online to tell you pricing. Make sure you are on the correct side of the street when looking for the cab (The cab driver has to just drive straight to get onto the freeway for where you are going) because a lot of cab drivers in this area will just drive off when you tell them where you are going and its not the way their car is turned. Stupid I know but its true. But the shrine is about 2 miles from the Staples center.

Also look on stub hub for tickets. they are print at home tickets so you can't get fucked

Oh btw the walk from the metro is kinda sketch... might want to take a bus transfer.

The red to blue transfer isn't that bad. He'd just have to walk across the parking lot from the blue stop. Lots of fans will be doing the same.

Isn't the purple now running? There's a galan center stop.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I'd suggest going to metro.net and planning your trip

I remember walking from the metro station for Hard Haunted one year and got lost and ever since then we have either taken a taxi or bus from the station. Walking through that area is not the safest and to add on top of that girls in halloween costumes.... it was a big no no.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!