Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIR MATTRESSES!!!

Default AIR MATTRESSES!!!

This is gonna be my friends and i's 1st coachella, so naturally i have questions. does anyone have any experience with air matresses? i have several im just hesitant to bring them because of space issues with our car. any suggestion or advice?

Default Re: AIR MATTRESSES!!!

I had a two person tent behind our car last year and I brought an Air Mattress for the first time. Will never think twice about it again. Best decision I ever made at Coachella. Each night after the fest I'd hit the showers when the lines were short and had a great nights sleep. Granted, I was in Lot 5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Den View Post
    I had a two person tent behind our car last year and I brought an Air Mattress for the first time. Will never think twice about it again. Best decision I ever made at Coachella. Each night after the fest I'd hit the showers when the lines were short and had a great nights sleep. Granted, I was in Lot 5 though.
    Lot 5 whoop whoop!
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

I had a shitty experience with a mattress bed in '10 that wouldn't stay inflated, haven't had one since, I'm pretty content with a sleeping bag. Perhaps I'll try and find a mattress bed for this year though...

Quote Originally Posted by RABABLAZE View Post
    This is gonna be my friends and i's 1st coachella, so naturally i have questions. does anyone have any experience with air matresses? i have several im just hesitant to bring them because of space issues with our car. any suggestion or advice?
    Maybe wait to inflate them after you arrive at the fest? lol Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

lol at BROKENDOLL.

I use a futon with a tent in the back of my truck, best sleeping arrangement ever. Saves space in the campsite and I am off the ground and comfy as can be.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSkin View Post
    Lot 5 whoop whoop!
    Lot 5 was the sheeeeit!
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

a few of my friends brought air mattresses, and a few of us bought cheap cots at wal-mart. I preferred the cot over the air mattress, they take up less space, but both are far superior to just sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground.

Get the one with the built in pump. costs more but no messy cords or extra items to forget to pack. I typically deflate & re-inflate my air matress daily to make more room in the tent.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

air mattresses are pretty solid, usually you'll just have to add some air every morning or night but it's an easy fix...definitely recommend it if you have issues with being comfortable sleeping.

Definitely bring an air mattress..I share a tent with a few friends..Naturally there is only room for 1 queen sized blowup mattress for 2 people in the tent, so what I do as the 3rd person is actually get a pool raft (cheaper than buying a twin sized air mattress) and blow it up, put a sheet on it, and sleep on that all weekend in the corner of the tent. Not the most comfortable but I assume anything is better than sleeping on the hard ground.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Save space and get a sleeping pad

http://www.rei.com/category/4500026
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Save space and get a sleeping pad

http://www.rei.com/category/4500026
    THIS x 10000000

More specifically, this: http://www.rei.com/product/783030/al...ge-special-buy

I just got it in the mail last week, and while I have yet to test it out camping, I can already tell it's going to be one hell of a comfortable sleep. Especially considering how portable it is. Air Mattresses are nice, but they aren't reliable. The last thing you want is a popped mattress on the first night. It happened to me one year at Sasquatch and it fucking sucked.

When I saw this thread title, I immediately thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SSFCPea View Post
    THIS x 10000000

I just got it in the mail last week, and while I have yet to test it out camping, I can already tell it's going to be one hell of a comfortable sleep. Especially considering how portable it is. Air Mattresses are nice, but they aren't reliable. The last thing you want is a popped mattress on the first night. It happened to me one year at Sasquatch and it fucking sucked.
    Is the xl big enough for two people? I didn't see measurements anywhere. I would definitely be interested in that, I didn't know there was such a thing. I was just going to get an air mattress and sacrifice the space. Sometimes procrastination pays off

If you click on the specs tab it says the XL is 77" x 30". Thats a pretty wide pad but not really built for two. Cabelas has a 48" wide camp bed and Big Agnes has a 50" wide one but both are spendier. You could look at those memory foam mattress toppers too - Walmart, Target, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    Is the xl big enough for two people? I didn't see measurements anywhere. I would definitely be interested in that, I didn't know there was such a thing. I was just going to get an air mattress and sacrifice the space. Sometimes procrastination pays off
    It's more than big enough for one person, but definitely not for two. They do sell double sized ones though, but it would would be cheaper to just buy two singles from REI or Amazon instead of paying full price for the double on their website.

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/al...double-air-pad

EDIT: Scratch that. I didn't know they sold them on Amazon. They have some screamin' deals on the double size there...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    Last edited by Pea; 03-12-2012 at 10:00 PM.

^ from their website:
    Have you ever tried snuggling up to your sweetheart when you're each using individual air pads? Someone usually ends up in the crack.

So, air mattress recommendations? Not some POS that's going to break...
    EDIT*

THIS x 10000000

$80 bucks huh? Hmmmm. Let me know when you try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

THREAD HIJACK IN PROGRESS

Has anyone tried setting up a Hammock and enjoyed it for bedding at coachella?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    EDIT*

Unfortunately, Coachella will be my first outdoor test, but I have layed on it and it really is quite nice. Even at half inflation my body doesn't touch the ground and there is a foam layer in addition to the air inside.

Unfortunately, Coachella will be my first outdoor test, but I have layed on it and it really is quite nice. Even at half inflation my body doesn't touch the ground and there is a foam layer in addition to the air inside.
    Thanks. I think I'm going to purchase. I'm currently dating this girl who works at REI... maybe she can give me some sort of discount. Heh.

Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    EDIT*

it is legit as hell, my dad has one and ive used it before..will def be taking it to coachella but letting my friend use it and using an air mattress for my gf and i

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post

I would love to know the answer to this too. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post

I was going to buy a hammock for my naps.
    Someone I camped with last year has done it before.
    Just make sure you're conscientious about the weight capacity.
    We kinda broke the hammock the first night by just having 3 people sit on it.

It's more than big enough for one person, but definitely not for two. They do sell double sized ones though, but it would would be cheaper to just buy two singles from REI or Amazon instead of paying full price for the double on their website.

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/al...double-air-pad

EDIT: Scratch that. I didn't know they sold them on Amazon. They have some screamin' deals on the double size there...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    Thank you so much!! That looks perfect.

I got this : http://amzn.com/B00339C3JG it is GREAT

I also got this : http://amzn.com/B00005JD40

works very good!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

air mattreses save lives. my life at least.

and they sell "camping hammocks" at walmart. may be worth a try.

THIS x 10000000

Just got mine in the mail. You're definitely right about the comfort level. Holy cow.

Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's