Thread: SQUEEZE!!!

Default SQUEEZE!!!

I just seen them on the saturday line up. i'm going to get to hear tempted live. how sweet is that.
    [B]Darthlaker

Default Re: SQUEEZE!!!

It's very cool! I've been a fan for years but have never seen them. Looking forward to hearing "Goodbye Girl"

Did anyone else catch their set? It seemed like the Mojave was pretty crowded. This was probably my favorite thing all weekend.

I was actually hoping this would be archived on YouTube but haven't been able to find it. Has anyone found this set online?

Probably one of my favorites, too.

I stayed for the whole set and wanted more...
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

I was there but got there late (see "Saturday Writeups Go Here" thread), only saw the second half. It was great but I was so pissed off at myself for missing the first half.\

There is a recording posted in the recordings thread.

How was the first half of their set? I want to catch about half then make my way over the the MS for the Shins.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    You're like a freedom fighter, but for pointless shit.
    COACHELLA 2013 - Rick James

Stayed through the entire set and really enjoyed them. I think the tent was about 3/4 full from what I remember and people were dancing...at least by me.

Too bad Mangum's on at the same time :/ that seems more rare so I'm going to have to go with it

I showed up like one song before "Tempted", left after that song. It was like half full. The crowd was noticeably older and unhip compared to the general Coachella attendance, lol. It was fun though.

old school

Really enjoyed this set and it was probably a personaly top 5 favourite for the weekend.

Anyone know if the bass player and drummer were on the albums released in their prime?

For me, Squeeze played the most amount of "hits" along with Dre and Buzzcocks.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I showed up like one song before "Tempted", left after that song. It was like half full. The crowd was noticeably older and unhip compared to the general Coachella attendance, lol. It was fun though.
    OLDER AND UNHIP. THUS SPAKE XUCLAROCKERX.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Really enjoyed this set and it was probably a personaly top 5 favourite for the weekend.

Anyone know if the bass player and drummer were on the albums released in their prime?

For me, Squeeze played the most amount of "hits" along with Dre and Buzzcocks.
    The bass player is John Bentley and he did play with them in the early 80's (I think he was their 2nd bass player). He rejoined them four or five years ago as I recall. The drummer is from Glen Tilbrook's solo band "the fluffers".

The original drummer, Gilson Lavais works with Jools Holland only (Jools was the original keyboard player). Seems to still be a bit of a rift there between some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    No neon tank tops, no Free People clothing, no body paint, and free of feathers = unhip

they were so fun! if you only want to hear tempted, they played it second to last, and it was an amazing fun sing a long moment! they closed with my personal favorite, black coffee in bed.

the whole set was fantastic though, they gave the people what they wanted and basically played a greatest hits set.

I read an article about them before Coachella and they mentioned how they haven't recorded new material in years, and so they're basically playing all the hits... which is great!

really bummed i missed this set... my only true conflict of the weekend. Jeff's set was totally worth it though, and im not sure ill ever get to see him again.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

"I'm so in love with you
    I'll be forever blue"

Had a blast dancing up front at their set!

I walked in just in time for "Cool for Cats" then left. They sounded good, but I needed to rest and it looked like the beer garden at a county fair
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .