Thread: When are dates for Coachella 2013 announced?

Thumbs up When are dates for Coachella 2013 announced?

Hi guys,

I'm sure you're all looking forward to Coachella 2012 at the moment, but thinking ahead to 2013 I'm planning to visit the festival from Europe, and tie it in with a month long tour round Cali which I'll want to start booking up.

Has it been confirmed when the dates for Coachella 2013 will be announced? Or based on previous years, when would the dates of Coachella usually be announced?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: When are dates for Coachella 2013 announced?

I imagine it will always be the middle 2 weekends in April going forward unless Easter mucks it up (as it will do in 2014).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

pretty much block out the whole month of April.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

For 2012, they announced the dates in late May 2011, right before the pre-sale.
    -------------------------------
    Coachella
    2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012.1
    Lollapalooza
    1991, 1992, 2003

Thanks for the responses all, hopefully it follows the trend and stays in the middle of April.

Tchuess - that's exactly what I was hoping for. Now for the flight bookings in June

I think Coachella 2013 should move to May so it will be even HOTTER outside. I love me some hot weather. It is the desert after all!

Reading this made me laugh after the weekend one weather this year. We didn't care about HOT...we just wanted warmer! Made for a different experience versus the previous 10 years we've attended. We can't lie...the cold sucked no matter how much you try to spin it. I'm sure the weekend two folks would have traded their Saturday for our Saturday and vice versa.

We did the Safari Tent this year (well worth it in our opinion) and COULD NOT WAIT for the bling that is A/C in a tent, at Coachella. So you can imagine the looks on our faces as we disconnected the A/C to our tent because it was 60 degrees out and the air from the foot wide mylar tube had to be coming directly from the North Pole.

Good times nonetheless.

^
    That's something we've been considering ever since they introduced them in 08 or whenever. Can you tell me more about your Safari Tent experience? (you can PM if you don't feel like taking the thread off topic) - like WHERE were the tents located? I don't see them anywhere on this year's map. Did you have exclusive bathrooms and showers? Also, did you really have ALL access? Backstage? Between the rail and stage? Was it a hell of a lot easier to navigate the grounds at night once everyone is clogging up every single area? And then of course, was it all worth it?

tents are located over in an area behind the sahara, i believe. you do get pretty much all access for that kinda cash, up until a point. i know they shut down access onto and the direct area around the main stage each night, usually once the sun goes down. not sure about other stages, but it may be the same. also depends on what the bands want, the ones playing those hours have a say on who gets in there, usually with their own laminates/stickers they hand out to their people. one nice perk, which is really available to anyone backstage if you can flag a cart with space down, is golf cart rides from the safari tents to any of the stages, with dedicated safari shuttle stops and carts. although, if there was space they'd let us with guest passes or anyone else back there hop on.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-28-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    ^
    That's something we've been considering ever since they introduced them in 08 or whenever. Can you tell me more about your Safari Tent experience? (you can PM if you don't feel like taking the thread off topic) - like WHERE were the tents located? I don't see them anywhere on this year's map. Did you have exclusive bathrooms and showers? Also, did you really have ALL access? Backstage? Between the rail and stage? Was it a hell of a lot easier to navigate the grounds at night once everyone is clogging up every single area? And then of course, was it all worth it?
    Steve your info is useful but I would like to hear first hand experience too.

eh, 5 posts since 2008 didn't give me confidence the dude would be back to comment on that.