284 54.62%
  • nope.

236 45.38%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: etard

Default Re: Ecstasy? =D

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Both.

A basic googling of ecstacy effects on memory will yield plenty of info.
    The vast majority of the results from this search are all based on or references to Ricaurte's studies at Johns-Hopkins which have all been formally retracted. The reason? They never used MDMA, it was MethAmphetamine. Furthermore, they arent even valid studies ont he effecst of meth as it was administered in MDMA dosage levels.

References:

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60328,00.html

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/302/oops.shtml

http://www.maps.org/mdma/retraction/drc-net0911903.html

http://www.maps.org/mdma/retraction/drcnet091203.html

I would like to restate that Im not righting for either side here Im just trying to verify whats being thrown out there.

Banned

Donahue loves ecstasy.

Banned

kreutz, I thought you were a Mormon?
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

e is the funnest drug out there, hand down. if you dont think so, you probably haven't tried it. im sure it can't be good for you long term, but who gives a fuck. i used to take it all the time, and i am still a relatively normal, successful, contributing member of society. can it fuck you up or kill you? sure it can, but so can alcohol, and every other mind altering chemical you ingest, if you are stupid about it.

the key to life is moderation kids. remember that and you'll be fine.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Denial sucks. MDMA fucks with your brain. You will learn this over time. Refusing to believe it won't shield you from it. Think about why they're even doing these studies in the first place. They didn't just make up the hypothesis out of the blue. There is tons of anectodal evidence that has been supported by some science even of some other science has retracted their conclusions.

MDMA will damage your memory at an accelerated pace (over just aging alone). I've seen it happen many times. I've seen it happen to myself.

I'm not telling anyone not to do E. But to deny that it has harmful affects because some study was dismissed would be a dangerous tactic.

methamphetamines are a group of chemical with many pharmaceutical benefits. the fact that a drug has methamphetamine at the end probably doesn't tell you anything about it, unless you happen to be a pharmacologist or a pharmacist or a doctor or very educated.

Banned

Drugs are good for you. .<-----------

Saying that MDMA carries with it all the dangers of the base methamphetamine is not accurate. MDMA does not give you tooth caries--meth does that because when snorted the highly corrosive chemicals used to make it end up swishing around in your mouth, which doesn't happen with MDMA except on the rare occasions people snort it, and even then I've never heard of pure usage resulting in tooth rot.

MDMA does kinda fuck with your stomach, causing a great deal of nausea in most instances and frequently resulting in vomiting, particularly with excessive repeated usage which can eat your teeth away. Stomach acids are one of the most efficent enamel-eating substances around.

I have a significant number of friends who've taken hundreds of e pills. I myself would have to estimate my lifetime intake as being on the high end of the 500-1000 range, no foolin'. Including one very ill-advised period where I stayed rolled on 6-10 pills a day for 60 days straight. Coming down from that nearly killed me--it was a kind of miserable that's hard to fathom now.

Lasting effects? Well I admit my stomach got a bit tussled from all that, but there was also a great deal of opiate use immediately following the e period, so it's hard to say what made me throw up all the time for a couple years. Mostly it was the opiates, I think, although to this day every time I take some e I WILL be vomiting at some point. Of course, I'm a pretty extreme case.

Memory loss is for real, although I've always thought that what really happens is it's hard to remember shit that happened when you were fucked up all the time not because the drugs have permanently eroded the part of your brain that holds memories, but more because it's hard to remember things that happened when you were all fucked up. Amnesi-E (as I like to call it) is very real--as the years have gone on I find my memory worse and worse every time I'm on pills, to the point where nowadays it's not uncommong for me to forget what I was saying in mid-sentence 10 times in the course of a four-hour roll. At the same time, I don't care so much.

Your serotonin receptors really do repair themselves. As with all drugs, it's mostly an issue of treating your body and brain properly. MDMA effects you for about six days after the roll is over--rolling back-to-back days is not so great. Taking Wellbutrin when you're coming down will make the day after infinitely more pleasurable by minimizing the serotonin drought. MDMA casualties (both actual casualties and just people who've turned to shit) are depressing, but it happens with all drugs and I think we could all agree that E is generally less horrific than heroin, meth, crack, and some of the other baddies. Don't forget that alcohol destroys your body in a truly vicious fashion too--watch someone suffering from cirrhosis sometime, it ain't pretty.

I, for one, will most definitely be rolling for Coachella, probably Friday as Interpol And Bjork back-to-back means a sonic impact that when combined with six or seven pills will cause every cell of my body to orgasm for several hours. Not to sound like a degenerate addict (too late), but the difference between a concert sober and a concert on e is equivalent to the difference between a concert and listening to a CD in your car.

My body will just have to man up and fucking deal with it. This is Coachella, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    methamphetamines are a group of chemical with many pharmaceutical benefits. the fact that a drug has methamphetamine at the end probably doesn't tell you anything about it, unless you happen to be a pharmacologist or a pharmacist or a doctor or very educated.
    so you're saying that MDMA is probably good for you? What education are you basing this on?

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    e is the funnest drug out there, hand down. if you dont think so, you probably haven't tried it. im sure it can't be good for you long term, but who gives a fuck. i used to take it all the time, and i am still a relatively normal, successful, contributing member of society. can it fuck you up or kill you? sure it can, but so can alcohol, and every other mind altering chemical you ingest, if you are stupid about it.

the key to life is moderation kids. remember that and you'll be fine.
    I personally prefer 2ci. Nice body hallucinations, visual hallucinations, and it makes music sounds soooo good. No crazy-ass moodswings afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    If you stick the E up your butt you get higher.
    I really wish you hadn't posted that. :P

Banned

so you're saying that MDMA is probably good for you? What education are you basing this on?
    He has a college paper...In his drawer......dont make him whip that shits out.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I personally prefer 2ci. Nice body hallucinations, visual hallucinations, and it makes music sounds soooo good. No crazy-ass moodswings afterwards.
    Ever tried 2-cd, Amy? I think it's the real winner of the 2-c family despite 2-cb and 2-ci being pretty remarkable, just because 2-cd carries practically no body load whatsoever. It's incredible, you take a hundred milligrams, it feels like a four e-pill roll for six hours but with no stomach upset, jaw tension, twitchiness, and the next day you feel like a million dollars.

Do you really think that's what I meant? Really? Did I say that at all? Like, at all?

hmm, well ive never tried it, or even heard of it for that matter. sounds pretty fun though. i dont really get mood swings or suffer from depression after e. maybe im lucky. the couple hours during the comedown from e sometimes sucks though, depending on the quality of it, but i wouldnt say i get depressed. just quiet and not as fun as it was when i was rolling, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I have a significant number of friends who've taken hundreds of e pills. I myself would have to estimate my lifetime intake as being on the high end of the 500-1000 range, no foolin'. Including one very ill-advised period where I stayed rolled on 6-10 pills a day for 60 days straight. Coming down from that nearly killed me--it was a kind of miserable that's hard to fathom now.

My body will just have to man up and fucking deal with it. This is Coachella, dammit.
    You sir, are HARD. CORE.

Ever tried 2-cd, Amy? I think it's the real winner of the 2-c family despite 2-cb and 2-ci being pretty remarkable, just because 2-cd carries practically no body load whatsoever. It's incredible, you take a hundred milligrams, it feels like a four e-pill roll for six hours but with no stomach upset, jaw tension, twitchiness, and the next day you feel like a million dollars.
    what are these 2-c drugs you speak of? i guess i am getting old. they sound awesome though, haha.

I've only tried 2ci. You take 100 mg of 2cd? With 2ci, we only take around 20 mg. Do you hallucinate? Does music sound good? Those are the main things I like. I felt great after 2ci as well, kinda like the day after acid or shrooms. Always looking for good psychedelics.

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    what are these 2-c drugs you speak of? i guess i am getting old. they sound awesome though, haha.
    They're experimental psychedelic drugs. I think 2ci is synthetic mescaline? Or an analog to mescaline? I guess you could try googling.

Denial sucks. MDMA fucks with your brain. You will learn this over time. Refusing to believe it won't shield you from it.

I'm not telling anyone not to do E. But to deny that it has harmful affects because some study was dismissed would be a dangerous tactic.
    I wholley cede to this.

They're experimental psychedelic drugs. I think 2ci is synthetic mescaline? Or an analog to mescaline? I guess you could try googling.
    They're both phenethylamines.

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    They're both phenethylamines.
    Shulgin made?

Banned

I've only tried 2ci. You take 100 mg of 2cd? With 2ci, we only take around 20 mg. Do you hallucinate? Does music sound good? Those are the main things I like. I felt great after 2ci as well, kinda like the day after acid or shrooms. Always looking for good psychedelics.
    Godamm Amy. You sound like the neighborhood pharmacist.

The guy who discovered MDMA, Alexander Shulgin, happened across it while testing out dozens of chemical combinations within the family phenethylamines, including MDMA, MDA, MDE, and the 2-c family (2-cd, 2-ci, 2-cc. 2-cd, 2-ce), all potent psychoactives. They used to be available for purchase legally only a few years ago as "research chemicals," along with the AMT, DiPT, and DMT families. Oh, it was a wonderful time to be alive when you could order dozens and even hundreds of doses of these substances for only a few hundred dollars and explore by yourself. Then the government got involved. =(

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    Do you really think that's what I meant? Really? Did I say that at all? Like, at all?
    christ, you are a nightmare. i'll play along yet again. um, NO I'm not saying you said exactly what I said. You know exactly what I'm getting at, you just would rather play the stupid "duuuh, that's not exactly what I said verbatim" game where you conveniently drop all context in order to make someone look stupid for misquoting you when they only trying to derive what you were actually getting at. I put your exact words in my post, I can fucking read.

here, I'll quote you again
    In the context of a thread where people are talking about the ill effects of ecstasy, what do you think a quote like that is supposed to suggest?
    Sure, there's probably some metha-amphetamines that don't have purely harmful affects, but what the fuck is the point of saying that a discussion of Ecstasy and meth?

If you answer is "nothing. I was just stating a fact" then what's the point? Why not quote the average rainfall in the Everglades or something.

The dosage varies between each 2-c variant. 2-cd is a 40-50 mg dose, but I found that a double dose turns the experience from just nice to amazing. It's less trippy in a hallucinogenic sense, just pure body buzz like a good roll. Music was nice, but isn't it always?

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    I wholley cede to this.
    I know you do. I don't believe you're stupid. And I suspect you're capable of hitting some sort of equilibrium with your drug use as sensible people generally do, but there are people less capable of regulating themselves.

vinylmartyr

<--------- less capable