Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: Deadmau5?

  1. #1
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Deadmau5?

    He's not doing shit in April, and 2 acts on his label are gonna be there. I sure WISH he'd be added to close the Sahara on Friday.

  2. #2
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    He's banned from Coachella.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  3. #3
    Member witham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    I had a great time in 2010.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

  4. #4
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Wasn't he banned for having a Helicopter land in the artist parking lot?
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  5. #5
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Wasn't he banned for having a Helicopter land in the artist parking lot?
    Seriously??? I hadn't heard this, nor does it show up in a google search, so I'd say you are a smoke blower. I pray that it isn't true.

  6. #6
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Can't find the link anymore, but it was there...
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  7. #7
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    The King wants him back, all kingly requests must be honored. Bring back the Mau5!

    http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/26/danny-...s-girls-video/

  8. #8

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    He's already booked for the Deadmau5/Tiesto/Skrillex trifecta that will be Sahara 2013.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Seriously, deadmau5's set in 2010 was one of the best he's ever had. Granted he's played the exact same set since then which is entirely rage-inducing... but I still have not seen people lose their shit like they were during the first half of his set. Unreleased song one after the next - it was awesome. If you want to bitch about his 2010 set and were not there, then kindly stfu.

    He'll be back for the main stage next year or 2014 I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

  10. #10
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    The 2010 debut of the cube at Coachella was the second best EDM show I've ever seen in my life. First being Daft Punk. Joel is working on new material right now so that's probably why you're seeing that he's not doing shit in April. Dude needs a break he's constantly on the road. I don't care if Deadmau5 becomes even more mainstream than he already is, or if people talk shit about him, I'll always like him.

  11. #11
    Member Mr. Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA & Mililani
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Yeah I listened to the Coachella bootleg, and it was even better than when I saw him for 15 minutes at EDC lol.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    Seriously, deadmau5's set in 2010 was one of the best he's ever had. Granted he's played the exact same set since then which is entirely rage-inducing... but I still have not seen people lose their shit like they were during the first half of his set. Unreleased song one after the next - it was awesome. If you want to bitch about his 2010 set and were not there, then kindly stfu.

    He'll be back for the main stage next year or 2014 I'm sure.
    ditto. i'm glad i didn't see gay z and was stage right tripping mad balls to that cube , being the first one to hear all his new shit . and then when he dropped arguru lol what i remember most was the lighting jesus christ that was one hell of a show.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Fuck this shit. This thread has been useless. Go die a gurgglish death via lemonade slush...n00berz!

  14. #14
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I don't care if Deadmau5 becomes even more mainstream than he already is, or if people talk shit about him, I'll always like him.
    Holla! Mad love for the Mau5 here too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    ditto. i'm glad i didn't see gay z and was stage right tripping mad balls to that cube , being the first one to hear all his new shit . and then when he dropped arguru lol what i remember most was the lighting jesus christ that was one hell of a show.
    I'm jealous as shit, cause I didn't know who the hell he was 2 years ago, and I was back at my site bedding down while he was burnin' up the Sahara, probably my biggest regret eva

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    ditto. i'm glad i didn't see gay z and was stage right tripping mad balls to that cube , being the first one to hear all his new shit . and then when he dropped arguru lol what i remember most was the lighting jesus christ that was one hell of a show.
    You're the worst.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    I like a lot of deadmau5's music. Aside from the dubstep he's made and some of the cheesy tracks with vocals, I enjoy his stuff. Some people don't buy into his gimmicky stuff and I understand that, but he has been known to make quality tracks.

    Mainstream? Yes.

    Has simply wearing a "mau5 head" helped him increase his status? Yes.

    But all that aside, I wouldn't categorize him with Guetta, SHM, Afrojack, Avicii or anyone in that league of awful. At least not yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by akilleeez View Post
    Fuck this shit. This thread has been useless. Go die a gurgglish death via lemonade slush...n00berz!
    What does this even mean?

    Also... lulz at "n00berz".
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 03-07-2012 at 08:20 AM.

  17. #17
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I like a lot of deadmau5's music. Aside from the dubstep he's made and some of the cheesy tracks with vocals, I enjoy his stuff. Some people don't buy into his gimmicky stuff and I understand that, but he has been known to make quality tracks.

    Mainstream? Yes.

    Has simply wearing a "mau5 head" helped him increase his status? Yes.

    But all that aside, I wouldn't categorize him with Guetta, SHM, Afrojack, Avicii or anyone in that league of awful. At least not yet.



    What does this even mean?

    Also... lulz at "n00berz".
    I'm glad to see you don't hate everything, I was beginning to wonder. And "Mainstream", yes, as is most EDM these days, I guess we'll just have to get used to it.

    I really don't care much for the mau5-step beats he makes either, but his is still better than the Skriller's, and you'd be hard pressed to find an EDM artist that ventures into all areas of the genre the way that Joel does, he might do a little dubshit here and there but he surrounds it with so much awesomeness that the listener really doesn't care that much, at least not this one
    Last edited by latexsolarbeef; 03-07-2012 at 08:37 AM.

  18. #18
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by akilleeez View Post
    Fuck this shit. This thread has been useless. Go die a gurgglish death via lemonade slush...n00berz!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post

    What does this even mean?

    Also... lulz at "n00berz".
    I'm sure he means "Go drown in a slowly melting puddle of urine" to which I say...

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    I'm glad to see you don't hate everything, I was beginning to wonder. And "Mainstream", yes, as is most EDM these days, I guess we'll just have to get used to it.

    I really don't care much for the mau5-step beats he makes either, but his is still better than the Skriller's, and you'd be hard pressed to find an EDM artist that ventures into all areas of the genre the way that Joel does, he might do a little dubshit here and there but he surrounds it with so much awesomeness that the listener really doesn't care that much, at least not this one
    The only people who truly think I hate everything are the circle of three people who hang out in the Swedish House Mafia threads. Anyone who actually knows me on here is already very aware that there are a ridiculous amount of acts on this year's lineup that I am excited to see... It's just that Guetta, SHM, Afrojack, Avicii, etc... are not part of that group.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    He's not doing shit in April. I sure WISH he'd be added to close the Sahara on Friday.
    Isn't he doing a residency in Vegas this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

  21. #21
    Member ToddThaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Guy in a tuscon dress just kill yourself already
    What happen if someone make a crime?

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    Guy in a tuscon dress just kill yourself already
    lulz

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You're the worst.
    please you wouldn't know good music if it fisted you

  24. #24
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I like a lot of deadmau5's music. Aside from the dubstep he's made and some of the cheesy tracks with vocals, I enjoy his stuff. Some people don't buy into his gimmicky stuff and I understand that, but he has been known to make quality tracks.

    Mainstream? Yes.

    Has simply wearing a "mau5 head" helped him increase his status? Yes.

    But all that aside, I wouldn't categorize him with Guetta, SHM, Afrojack, Avicii or anyone in that league of awful. At least not yet.



    What does this even mean?

    Also... lulz at "n00berz".
    I actually completely agree with everything you said here man. I was into Deadmau5 when he first came on the scene back in 2007 with tracks like Arguru, Faxing Berlin, Not Exactly, etc. so I'm pretty much a huge fan of his Progressive House stuff without vocals. I fucking hate his Dubstep shit though, and I like Dubstep and Brostep. Joel can't be put into the same category as a Guetta or SHM, he's so much more talented than any of those clowns. But with the rising popularity of EDM and the marketability of the Mau5 head he'll continue to be mentioned in the same breath as them.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    please you wouldn't know good music if it fisted you
    Articulated by a true retard.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Articulated by a true retard.
    I bet you spent a good time re reading that sentence to make sure you got it right. derp derp derp

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    I would love deadmaus over what we have, this is dirty dutch/cheesehouse HELL.

    Saw Maus this summer at the Palladium, and also last Dec. for the GWDT promo show, his stuff was bomb, the crowd went off, he had great progression of highs and lows.

    His dubstep shit definitely was lame, so there are a good 15-20 minutes of his set for you to grab a smoke/drink/piss.

    As far as Afrojack/SHM go - saw them for a few minutes at EDC last year and the acid said lets go, there's a bigger adventure out there. There was. I don't think I'd give guetta more than 10 minutes.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Isn't he doing a residency in Vegas this year?
    He is, at XS, but every time I check the calendar he's never playing...

  29. #29

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Lol, even when Guy In Tucson says he likes the music you still tell him his music taste sucks. If you don't want to be called "the worst" then don't write shit like "gay z"

    Also, I never understood the hate for Afrojack. There's a reason DJs like Fake Blood play his shit - listen to Bridge, Replica, Selecta, Amanda, and Doing It Right, he has unique talent. Sure he's no Deadmau5 but he's also no Guetta.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

  30. #30
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: Deadmau5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I would love deadmaus over what we have, this is dirty dutch/cheesehouse HELL.

    Saw Maus this summer at the Palladium, and also last Dec. for the GWDT promo show, his stuff was bomb, the crowd went off, he had great progression of highs and lows.

    His dubstep shit definitely was lame, so there are a good 15-20 minutes of his set for you to grab a smoke/drink/piss.

    As far as Afrojack/SHM go - saw them for a few minutes at EDC last year and the acid said lets go, there's a bigger adventure out there. There was. I don't think I'd give guetta more than 10 minutes.
    I was at the Palladium show and it was great. I disagree with you on Afrojack he's a pretty talented dude, and he threw it down last year at Coachella. I was kinda dissapointed when I saw that he was on poster again though. No need for an Electro/House artist like him to play two years in a row.

Similar Threads

  1. tommy lee + deadmau5
    By halyem in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM
  2. deadmau5
    By roll2this in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. DEADMAU5!!!
    By christheshark in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
  4. Deadmau5...
    By steve7268 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 12:25 AM
  5. no DEADMAU5 09!
    By kingdumb in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •