Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Campsite trial run

Hybrid View

Default Re: Campsite trial run

Absolutely COOL!

We had two photographers shooting video and photos. The better photographer is still editing.

We ran our solar generator from 8:30 to 4 am. Lazers, five black lights, 15" monitor and four cell phones charging.
    Never ran out of juice, and this was using only 265ah battery bank. I have another 100ah battery coming. I might hook up a 900btu window shaker air conditioner to my jeeps window and set it on a timer so it turns on right as the sun comes up.
    I will for sure have a box fan with a mist system hooked up.

Things are looking good.

Lurker

Awesome! Sad that i'll be missing this cause i'm going 2nd wknd. Question though... generators aren't allowed, correct? are solar generators an exception?

T-dahhggg! I am so fuckin stoked! I thought I had this campsite shit down but apparantly I have no clue...I can't wait!!the best I have to add is my rubber duckies swim pool and a bubble machine (and floyd, of course) yr crazy and that's why I love you!! Can't wait for april (and joshtree and lib!)
    and the fact that you've got replica written down the side of your guns, and the fact that I've got desert eagle point five o written down the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence...

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

How was the sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Sound was retarded. Never turned it up past half way. The lighting and art panels came out crazy. I can't wait to see the photos and video from the other photographer.

ahhhhbhkahh! Cant see this vid at work!

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    ahhhhbhkahh! Cant see this vid at work!
    me too.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I gotta get shopping for more glow. More el-wire to tie up to the canopies on strobe
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

looks awesome bud! definitely going to come by and join the party. how many 10 x 30 spots does your group have?

Wow...beautiful Goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Genowarp View Post
    looks awesome bud! definitely going to come by and join the party. how many 10 x 30 spots does your group have?
    We have 8 spots. This is just for my spot. Commons area and dance area. We have a site for cooking,water and eating. A site for shmander(art) and the rest will be for tents
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I gotta get shopping for more glow. More el-wire to tie up to the canopies on strobe
    This video doesn't do any justice to the lighting. We had some dope visuals goin and cricks is gonna be getting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    Wow...beautiful Goat.
    Thank you. I aim to please.

We're still constructing the shrine/alter to go around the sound. Since there is no DJ we will be making a shrine art sculpture and leaving offerings for the bass gods there.

So sick. I hope I get to see this irl.

Damn it goat... upload this on youtubz or smething so i can see it

Well done sir! Well done!

Really nice job. Will this be your first time bringing a setup like this into the campgrounds or is this something you do every year?

Very nice Goat, one of the guys in our group just informed everybody he is bringing his projector for some visuals too we should have a similar setup although we didn't think to paint everything, nice touch.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Thats sweet man. What weekend are you going? If 2 Ill definitely stop by
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Awesome. And +1 for using Jessica.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Awesome. And +1 for using Jessica.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusicMan View Post
    Well done sir! Well done!
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by McDunnough View Post
    Really nice job. Will this be your first time bringing a setup like this into the campgrounds or is this something you do every year?
    never camped at chella, never played with solar power. I have thrown desert parties though
    Quote Originally Posted by SeantheJeweler View Post
    Very nice Goat, one of the guys in our group just informed everybody he is bringing his projector for some visuals too we should have a similar setup although we didn't think to paint everything, nice touch.
    what kind of projector? We were talking about having a projector and showing footage of us painting these panels and mixing it with live footage of peoPle dancing in the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    Thats sweet man. What weekend are you going? If 2 Ill definitely stop by
    Week 1 sucks man. I wanna see your set up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Week 1 sucks man. I wanna see your set up too.
    Just realized we won't be seeing each other. I am having to trade my weekend 1 for 2 because all my dumb friends who didn't take advantage of the presale

Lot of things are making me want to say fuck them and go to weekend 1 though....man the grass being all trampled is going to make me sad alone haha

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

what kind of projector? We were talking about having a projector and showing footage of us painting these panels and mixing it with live footage of peoPle dancing in the tent.
    It's an HD projector he uses as his TV in his house. It projects HD up to 100" it's pretty badass we have Super Bowl parties every year and watch it on that. We were thinking of trying to find a white tarp to use on the inside of our common/dancing area. Otherwise we might have to bring the roll up screen....

Ray Charles

It's an HD projector he uses as his TV in his house. It projects HD up to 100" it's pretty badass we have Super Bowl parties every year and watch it on that. We were thinking of trying to find a white tarp to use on the inside of our common/dancing area. Otherwise we might have to bring the roll up screen....
    Yeah please let me play Don't Think on that thing, you'd make sooooo many people happy.

Goat I want to crash your party
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Yeah please let me play Don't Think on that thing, you'd make sooooo many people happy.
    That is a GREAT idea! We are gonna be at weekend 2 though but I am definitely going to do this! I guess I should post in the request to play Don't Think in the campground on Thursday.....

Ray Charles

Absolutely wretched. I won't come by.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Absolutely wretched. I won't come by.
    But I'll have a cat statue like at the donut shop.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluck View Post
    Goat, if I may ask, do you camp on BLM land? I understand that you don't need permits. Where (don't need to be specific) did you set up camp. Were using DSLR's for video? 5D perhaps? Thanks.
    Not BLM. 100' from those rocks is considered Indian land. I don't know about the cameras, they had like ten diff flashes and lenses and shit. I was whacked out Jedi and painting, didn't pay attention. I have two photographer buddies and they are the titties.

Just realized we won't be seeing each other. I am having to trade my weekend 1 for 2 because all my dumb friends who didn't take advantage of the presale

Lot of things are making me want to say fuck them and go to weekend 1 though....man the grass being all trampled is going to make me sad alone haha
    I have a girl in our group that bought week two tickets and needs to trade for week one to get with us. She only has tickets though. No camping. The projector idea sounds good. I'd play horror films and down tempo or glitch. Lemme know if you wanna trade
    Last edited by Goatchella; 03-05-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Goat, if I may ask, do you camp on BLM land? I understand that you don't need permits. Where (don't need to be specific) did you set up camp. Were using DSLR's for video? 5D perhaps? Thanks.

Very cool. i think the campgrounds this year are going to look the best yet. i hope i see your set up at night.