View Poll Results: How Much Cash Do You Bring?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • $100 or Less

40 10.67%
  • $200-400

257 68.53%
  • $500-700

49 13.07%
  • $800-1000

24 6.40%
  • $0 Sharing is Caring

5 1.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Cash Do You Bring?

Arrow How Much Cash Do You Bring?

$$$$
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Default Re: How Much Cash Do You Bring?

I don't usually. I just pull money at the ATM by the $100 as I need it.

I usually end up using something like $200 - $400 in between food, drinks, and shirts/merch
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

I think I got about $300 out of the ATM the first day and only used about half of it. Then again, I was poorer last year and watching my budget. I will probably spend more this year. I'm thinking around 300-400.

i think my wife and i combined spent 400$ on merch
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

I usually bring around $350, but I don't think I've ever spent more than $150-175 and I buy a lot of merch, and almost all meals inside the venue or the campgrounds.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I bring $100/day and don't spend all of it. I don't buy merch, but I drink a lot of beer and water.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

enough for spicy pie and freshers daily. no need to buy beer when your campsite is 10 mins away. 60 bucks/day should be sufficient.

i brought $200 last year and barely used it... I only got food in there twice and got a Tshit. If you are camping and on a budget I highly recommend bringing a lot of your food.

I went into the record store and dropped $200 in 10 minutes, probably won't do that again, but shirts and and a few records will be purchased.
    Last edited by itsgonrain; 03-13-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    last.fm
    Friday: Yuck Kendrick Lamar Other Lives The Black Angels Frank Ocean M83 The Rapture Explosions in the Sky Amon Tobin
    Saturday: Radiohead Bon Iver Miike Snow Flying Lotus SBTRKT A$AP Rocky Azealia Banks We Were Promised Jetpacks Keep Shelly in Athens
    Sunday: At The Drive-In Dr. Dre & Snoop The Weeknd Justice Modeselektor Santigold Nero Thundercat Metronomy Wild Beasts Real Estate

*subject to change

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    i brought $200 last year and barely used it... I only got food in there twice and got a Tshit. If you are camping and on a budget I highly recommend bringing a lot of your food.
    And if you don't camp, stop somewhere and eat before you go in.

I a meant Tshirt... not Tshit...

I don't factor my daily budget with merch. Usually I'll put aside up to $100 on merch & then allow up to $60 per day on water/food

Everything else is already taken care of so I dont see the need of going overboard

I've found the merch so so the past few years, cant really justify $80 on a hoody I'm not crazy about

I don't camp (my man isn't into it) but we always get a big breakfast before going in. This helps keep spending down and energy up.
    Always wear a helmut

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I bring ~$100/day and don't spend all of it. I don't buy merch, but I drink a lot of acid and water and frozen lemonade. Some spicy pie.

I wonder if/when GV will introduce those chipped wristbands that you can load money on to?

"The smart wristband can also be used to carry funds. Loading up the dosh online before heading to the fest the band can then be scanned to pay for merch and essentials, working much like payment system with an oyster card or NFC phone"

Coach is usually my only vacation for the year, so I'll bring a fair bit down and have a time. This year, we're doing both weekends for our honeymoon, so I recon we'll be spending a pretty penny.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Hundred per day, but I dump a chunk of money on merch.
    06, 08-14

Enough to persuade high school girls in Sahara to blow me on the dance floor. Which isn't much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

$100 per day for food/drink. Another $100 per day for ... umm... supplies

Whew

I have no idea how much to bring! We are camping but not bringing any food other than snacks like nuts and fruits, and drinks. My boyfriend and I usually each get a shirt, if there is one we like enough. I see some of you saying you bring 100/day, will I need that much or do you guys go crazy? Every other year I had very limited funds so I didn't have much of an option, but I will have money this year. I know for sure we wanna eat at the breakfast buffet at least one day, and I'm sure we'll hit the farmer's market the other days. I am just talking about money needed once we are there, not "supplies" or beer or anything I will bring with me. Thoughts?

You should honestly get by fine with $50-70 a day, but it's always nice to have more just to be safe.

Okay, thanks for the input I am an obsessive planner and need to know these things haha

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    I have no idea how much to bring! We are camping but not bringing any food other than snacks like nuts and fruits, and drinks. My boyfriend and I usually each get a shirt, if there is one we like enough. I see some of you saying you bring 100/day, will I need that much or do you guys go crazy? Every other year I had very limited funds so I didn't have much of an option, but I will have money this year. I know for sure we wanna eat at the breakfast buffet at least one day, and I'm sure we'll hit the farmer's market the other days. I am just talking about money needed once we are there, not "supplies" or beer or anything I will bring with me. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by daneskiiiz View Post
    You should honestly get by fine with $50-70 a day, but it's always nice to have more just to be safe.
    This is what I average every year, Last year I camped and we brought stuff for sandwiches and snacks, bought 1-2 meals a day, a couple waters and beers in the venue and two t-shirts from merch and a couple 5 dollar t-shirts from the past coachella merch sale in the campgrounds. I bring a 100 a day just to be safe every year. If you're camping you may need to buy something from the general store, last year I had to buy a pack of cigarettes ($20) on the last day and 4 AA batteries ($20). My friend lost two things of shampoo and had to buy another, things like that you don't count on happening but if you lose or break something it can add up.

Shit, I'm not rich but I still see myself going crazy buying merch and food, so I'll probably dish out $120 max a day, should be more than enough.

Probably about $100 - 200 depending on how much merch and booze is involved.

I use a credit card for the merch tent and the record tent, so I don't end up spending that much cash. Usually I'll bring $200, but I'll only spend maybe $150. The breakdown is something like this:

5 water bottles per day x 3 days = $30
    2 brown rice/tempeh/veggie bowls per day x 3 days = $60
    2 beers per day x 3 days = $36
    1 slice spicy pie when I'm drunk = $6
    something I inevitably forget, like advil, from the general store = $10

You should drink better beer
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Wait you get drunk on two beers?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    This is what I average every year, Last year I camped and we brought stuff for sandwiches and snacks, bought 1-2 meals a day, a couple waters and beers in the venue and two t-shirts from merch and a couple 5 dollar t-shirts from the past coachella merch sale in the campgrounds. I bring a 100 a day just to be safe every year. If you're camping you may need to buy something from the general store, last year I had to buy a pack of cigarettes ($20) on the last day and 4 AA batteries ($20). My friend lost two things of shampoo and had to buy another, things like that you don't count on happening but if you lose or break something it can add up.
    Thanks!