Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are people going to "Register" their Wristband?

Default Re: Are people going to "Register" their Wristband?

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    Yes, a main use of RFID is tracking inventory, but you're wrong...it doesn't work at all like wifi.
    I never said it worked LIKE wifi. I said they could track it using wifi (or radio) frequencies. Also, I know tracking is not what they're using them for, but they COULD if they wanted to.

EDIT:
    I'll probably register mine.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yes, RFID is used widely for tracking people in the medical and manufacturing fields. ID cards in large companies use RFID both for checking in and for tracking people down in situations where it's necessary.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Well, this is just great. My Facebook wall will probably be 100 times more annoying to my friends now that I can conveniently check in to any stage with the simple swipe of my hand.

Totally registering it.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

People who are worried about being tracked while on the polo fields, most likely midnight beast fans.

i will most definetly register. Everyone acts like Goldenvoice is on a mission to rob you blind and to take all your information. If there are perks for doing it than why the eff not?

Quote Originally Posted by untzcrate View Post
    Well, this is just great. My Facebook wall will probably be 100 times more annoying to my friends now that I can conveniently check in to any stage with the simple swipe of my hand.

Totally registering it.
    Course if you're skipping out on work, might not be good to post that for the world to see as I'm sure some people will do.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Course if you're skipping out on work, might not be good to post that for the world to see as I'm sure some people will do.
    If people who are skipping out on work are dumb enough to do this, they deserve to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by eMpTyFox View Post
    If people who are skipping out on work are dumb enough to do this, they deserve to be fired.
    And unfortunately, there are a lot of these dumb people. Luckily everyone in my office knows where I will be. Need to make sure they don't send me work and expect me to respond as I don't plan to be sober or in any state of mind to do work. Still, I would refrain from posting on FB on Thursday or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    you say that now...

what if your RFID stops working after you went to camp to dose up for radiohead (or something similar)?
    a) I'm not camping.
    b) if the RFID stops working at any point, I'll show proof that I purchased it and ask them fix it.
    -------------------------------
    Coachella
    2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012.1
    Lollapalooza
    1991, 1992, 2003

If you bought from a 3rd party, will registering a wristband be able to tell you if it is legit or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Well played.

I registered mine because I was bored.

when I can connect it to a credit card so I can pay for beer and merchandise faster...that's when I'll register

I won't be registering this year....and can't wait to see the fools telling their friends while they are at Coachella...wait here I need to go register, I'll be right back....TOOLS!

If I had a guy in the group that did that I tell them to f' off and grow up....enjoy the show...stop worrying about your fucking facebook page you homo.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I am because I want all my fucking friends to know where I am when they are sitting on their stained couches in Northern Wisconsin, freezing, looking at the same pale pile of flesh of a woman that they see every day and listening to their CCR and I am going to showboat the whole weekend to show them what the fucks up. Yeah man.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    No it's not possible as that's not how rfid chips work.
    fair enough, but registering doesn't make it any more possible to track you. either they can track the chip or they can't; if they can track the chip, they already have all the information they need to associate it with the buyer.

security cams + facial recognition software > rfid wristbands registered or not. don't sell drugs & enjoy the show!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by untzcrate View Post

Totally registering it.
    you mean i don't have to manually "check-in" ? hell ya!!!!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    i'll give goldenvoice access to my bank account, but not where i'm standing.
    fascinating
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I don't care about Facebook but I'm curious how we'll be notified of any special offers or upgrades. Am I going to get a message at the scanner station telling me to stop by the State Farm tent for a tshirt, or is it done by email or txt? Maybe offers after the festival?

If you are taking the time to check in and scan your writstband at every stage then you are doing Coachella wrong.
    No registration for me.

but dealz
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    I don't care about Facebook but I'm curious how we'll be notified of any special offers or upgrades. Am I going to get a message at the scanner station telling me to stop by the State Farm tent for a tshirt, or is it done by email or txt? Maybe offers after the festival?
    I think they will have deals of the day in the program. Example ( Stop by the merch booth Saturday between 2-5pm and get recieve 20% off all purchases with wristband registered)
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

scan away newbs....I don't get it and I'll never get it.

Why do you go to a concert then feel the need to tell everyone that you went....it's not good enough for you to have the experience...you need to tell others 'LOOK AT ME' and that folks is the attitude I CAN'T FUCKING STAND!

Your momma's didn't love you or you were ass raped ...one of the two I'm not sure, but why do you feel the need to be 'Seen' and you are the same people who fell the need to get 'dressed up' for Coachella....be seen

LOOK AT ME ....LOOK AT ME.....

you're a bunch of fucking clowns that need reassurance from others about your self worth. You aren't comfortable in your own skin so you look for others 'approvement' or 'jealousy' from others to make you feel better. You view life as a competition rather than an experience. Therefore your showing up to the festival makes you better than those that didn't...or did they really need to know that you were there and you were checking in like a 8 year old and it's getting dark outside and mommy and daddy need to know exactly where you are at.

Go call your mom and tell her you love her and grow the fuck up
    Last edited by baily; 03-02-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

baily doesn't need your approvement.

baily, i can only assume that is irt me. if you'll notice, i've never said a word about checking in anywhere. i expect to be out of my head, with no thought about checking in anywhere. registering your wristband will make life much easier IF your wristband was originally purchased by someone else or you want deals. quit being a child.

A potential discount on merch is worth the 5 minute investment and any amount of invasion of privacy. They could put a video camera in the camping showers if it meant I'd get a free sticker.

Why do you go to a concert then feel the need to tell everyone that you went....it's not good enough for you to have the experience...you need to tell others 'LOOK AT ME' and that folks is the attitude I CAN'T FUCKING STAND!
    No, the real question is...

Why do you feel the need to continue to spew your mindless drivel on this message board despite the fact that everyone on this board considers you to be a blithering retard? Who the fuck are you to tell other people that they should or shouldn't register their wristbands?

scan away newbs....I don't get it and I'll never get it.

Your momma's didn't love you or you were ass raped ...one of the two I'm not sure, but why do you feel the need to be 'Seen' and you are the same people who fell the need to get 'dressed up' for Coachella....be seen

LOOK AT ME ....LOOK AT ME.....

you're a bunch of fucking clowns that need reassurance from others about your self worth. You aren't comfortable in your own skin so you look for others 'approvement' or 'jealousy' from others to make you feel better. You view life as a competition rather than an experience. Therefore your showing up to the festival makes you better than those that didn't...or did they really need to know that you were there and you were checking in like a 8 year old and it's getting dark outside and mommy and daddy need to know exactly where you are at.

Go call your mom and tell her you love her and grow the fuck up
    Wow. Um, that's a bit of a rant for simple question and answer. I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. If you don't like checking in, feel free to not do it. I don't get how it affects YOU but whatever. You coudl say the same thing about all social networking site. Who gives a f*ck what you're doing or what you think or whatever. Like these message boards. They're area all for our thoughts/opinions/info, but who the f*ck are we to assume everyone cares. I KNOW people don't. Chill Baily, we promise not to check in you with us at the fest. Sorry for the off topic.

If it gets discounts to register, might be worth it. "Checking in" is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    A potential discount on merch is worth the 5 minute investment and any amount of invasion of privacy. They could put a video camera in the camping showers if it meant I'd get a free sticker.
    TRue

What if they sell limited edtion merch to people that register?
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside