Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request: Chemical Brother's Don't Think Screening Thursday Night

Default Request: Chemical Brother's Don't Think Screening Thursday Night

I believe in 2006 there was a Coachella film screening on the campgrounds and thought it would be a fun idea to do the same for the Chemical Brothers film since it'll be released in March. The Arclight screening was pretty amazing... I could only imagine how crazy it would get at Coachella.

(At least weekend one for me)

EDIT 3/12: In an attempt to try and get Goldenvoice to put this together please get everyone you know to tweet:

screening of @ChemBros #DONTthink at @coachella on THURSDAY night! make it happen @goldenvoice !!! #please?

Hopefully if enough people send this out they will listen!
    Last edited by avhua; 03-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    Coachella '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12
    Upcoming Shows:
    7/26-28: Fuji Rock Festival
    8/3-4: HARD Summer
    8/9: Grizzly Bear @ Hollywood Forever - Pryda Friends @ Create
    8/24-25: FYF Fest

Default Re: Request: Chemical Brother's Don't Think Screening Thursday Night

Fantastic idea! How was the screening set up in 2006? Sadly 2006 falls in the BC period of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Unfortunately I was in line waiting to get into the campground during the screening. I'm sure just a big screen and some good speakers would be sufficient though.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Now picture with people dancing instead of the lame harley adverisment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

signed
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Would be a terrific way to make up for their shortened set last year.. Fuck the Kings of Leon.
    Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    I have 38 days to figure out how my melted, destroyed body and mind will be transported from the Sahara back to my campsite after they kill us with beats

signed! would be great fun!

This would be sweet! I hope whoever sets this up has massive quality speakers. SIGNED
    FFFIIIIINNAAALLLLLYYYYYY

big screen, loud speakers and one hell of a dance party.

A+ idea.

I'm PapaDill, and I approve this message.
    Last edited by PapaDill; 02-28-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

This idea is fucking incredible.

Yes, please.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

Do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Do it
    Again...
    Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    I have 38 days to figure out how my melted, destroyed body and mind will be transported from the Sahara back to my campsite after they kill us with beats

^^^zing!

DON'T THINK just make it happen

I have a good audio setup for my campground and an elevated platform you could put a projector on.

So just get a projector and a big white sheet and hit me up. You should make it happen.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

BRILLIANT! ahh make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    I have a good audio setup for my campground and an elevated platform you could put a projector on.

So just get a projector and a big white sheet and hit me up. You should make it happen.
    Thats awesome! I don't have a projector but I could definitely try and find one to bring. If anybody else happens to have one on hand and would be willing to bring it that would be amazing. I'll definitely have the blu ray and a blu ray player.

Also I'm going to be there weekend one... Which weekend are you guys going?
    Upcoming Shows:

Doh thats right the 2 weekends keep messin with my plans. Weekend 2 unfortunately
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

That would be dope!! Would set the tone for a great weekend of music. I just saw the documentary Regeneration Music Project and that was epic. That should definitely be considered for a screening if it has been released by then...

Quote Originally Posted by avhua View Post
    Thats awesome! I don't have a projector but I could definitely try and find one to bring. If anybody else happens to have one on hand and would be willing to bring it that would be amazing. I'll definitely have the blu ray and a blu ray player.

Also I'm going to be there weekend one... Which weekend are you guys going?
    You should edit your first post and include that you're going to Weekend 1.
    FFFIIIIINNAAALLLLLYYYYYY

At this point it seems like our best bet to experience this is to somehow convince Goldenvoice to set it up for the campers. Any ideas on who to forward this thread to?
    Upcoming Shows:

Yes this would be fun

Pretty sure this would need to be independently done by campers; royalty fees etc unless the bros and co allow a free screening for coachella
    4 projectors and a lot of speakers at the edge of a street would be optimal

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Pretty sure this would need to be independently done by campers; royalty fees etc unless the bros and co allow a free screening for coachella
    4 projectors and a lot of speakers at the edge of a street would be optimal
    Good point. Didn't think about all the legalities. Well unfortunately I do not have any of this equipment but I am more than willing to bring the bluray and a bluray player to weekend one. I'll still keep an eye out for a projector and screen but If anybody else has any resources to make it happen that would be cool.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by avhua View Post
    Good point. Didn't think about all the legalities. Well unfortunately I do not have any of this equipment but I am more than willing to bring the bluray and a bluray player to weekend one. I'll still keep an eye out for a projector and screen but If anybody else has any resources to make it happen that would be cool.
    screens would be easy - white sheets, probably the border of someones campsite/ walls of an extended easy up

projector, bass heavy speakers and power supply is a whole other story.

but lets all work on it

best dance party of the weekend could be in the camp grounds if all factors are proper

Actually, I'm pretty sure that as long as they don't sell tickets specifically for the screening that they would not need to pay royalties. it would be like a public screening at a college campus' free movie night.
    as long as no one profits from the screening, there would be no royalties, as you cant take a percentage of $0

I think everyone needs to tweet goldenvoice... tweeting makes things happen right? uhhhh