Thread: Leaving from LAX Thursday and Heading back on Monday / Renting a car/ Need a ride?

Cool UPDATE Leaving from LAX Thursday and Heading back on Monday /Need a ride?

Hey All,

My flight to LAX arrives at 11:30am on Thursday. So the plan is get my car, hit the road, maybe stop somewhere to get some supplies, park, set up camp, and CHIILLLLLLL!

Anyone need a lift?

Bonus points if you already live in LA, Have access to ****, and need a lift (if **** then don't even worry about the gas money ;-)

Or just meet at the airport and split gas.

Thanks!

- J
    Last edited by jfu222; 04-14-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Updated

Default Re: Leaving from LAX Thursday and Heading back on Monday / Renting a car/ Need a ride

How early are you planning on heading back Monday morning?

Default Re: Leaving from LAX Thursday and Heading back on Monday / Renting a car/ Need a ride

Hey SP,

Looks like for now things are pretty flexible as I am now going to stick around LA / until Friday for work. So I am basically just driving to a hotel in Santa Monica to chill until the next day (beach!

That said I don't mind leaving early if you need me to on Monday. I'm an early riser usually.

The circumstance that would make me have a schehdule is if my wife decides to go, then I would have to bring her back to LAX on Monday whenever her flight is...but she is still totally up in the air (no pun intended) about going to coachella
    Last edited by jfu222; 02-17-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Okay - a friend of mine is trying to fly out really early, like say 8:30 out of LAX and I'm trying to find him a ride. I don't suppose that suits you...

Ha .. wow you're not playing around. Well I've never actually been to Coachella and I'm totally an NYC person (limited CA experience), but I think it's somewhere around 2hrs to get to LAX? Maybe a little more?

That would mean that we'd have to be on the road to Lax at like 6:00am ...

I dunno man. Technically I could totally do it ... but it's a tall order.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Nobody in our group is heading west that early. I don't think anyone is, really!

Well no traffic at least

Yeah so it looks like my wife sin't going to be coming along. She would have been the only reason to leave that early (she probably would have taken an early flight back as well) so realistically I probably won't leave the site until like 9 or something.

Bump...

I should probably do this the week of .. but .. if anyone need to plan ahead, please feel free to PM.

Can't wait!

which weekend would it be, though?
    coach + optimus primavera sound + rock werchter '12
    any year after this and it's laneway/fuji all the way :[

FYI for those of you heading to LAX for morning traffic - tons of traffic on the 10 - leave Chella at 3-4am to ensure no traffic woes

It will be shitty traffic monday morning from IE to LA

Sorry Reverso ... weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    FYI for those of you heading to LAX for morning traffic - tons of traffic on the 10 - leave Chella at 3-4am to ensure no traffic woes

It will be shitty traffic monday morning from IE to LA
    Yeah I figured it would be .. but I'm not sure i want to leave at 3/4am ... I'm not flying back that day (staying in LA to work that week) so I guess I'll just hang in traffic .. or take the scenic route ..is there a scenic route?

Messaged youuu. ;]

Car is full! Thx y'all!

Can you hook it up with a ride still

Quote Originally Posted by polo503 View Post
    Can you hook it up with a ride still
    One spot left Polo ... we are 3 so far. One other person made a mistake and thought we were going weekend 1 instead of weekend 2 (opps

Quote Originally Posted by SP The Ghost View Post
    Okay - a friend of mine is trying to fly out really early, like say 8:30 out of LAX and I'm trying to find him a ride. I don't suppose that suits you...
    Hi, I just ran across this post. I have a flight out of LAX around the same time and was curious to know if your friend has made arrangements. I'm in desperate need of a ride.

Thanks

Probably won't make it back to LA by 8:30 on Monday man .. wish I could help ya.

hey, I have a flight leaving out of PSP monday at 9am. Any chance in dropping me off en route to LAX. Id chip in for gas of course.

Quote Originally Posted by carteringeneral View Post
    hey, I have a flight leaving out of PSP monday at 9am. Any chance in dropping me off en route to LAX. Id chip in for gas of course.
    Unfortunately the car is full now Carteringeneral ...hope you can find something!

Two people had to bail at the last minute! I have room for two in an suv I'm renting...there's two of so far.(one male one female)

We are leaving from LAX on Thursday at 12:30 pm to the polo fields.

I have a camping pass so there's space if you need it.

Coming back on Monday... Although we don't have to be back at LaX to early so I probably don't want to leave at 6am ...just in case you have an early morning Monday flight.

Pm me if you have questions.

Thx and have a great time!

Lurker

Cool. There is still space. Just sent you a Pm