Thread: 2nd Week / Going solo (just found out)/ Have extra space for camping/cool peeps

Default 2nd Week / Going solo (just found out)/ Have extra space for camping/cool peeps

Hi All,

I thought I would put this out there since I have the extra space.

My friends just told me that they all need to sell their tix (unexpected wedding) so it looks like I am going solo.

They were nice enough to give me their car/camping pass though so I have extra room if anyone is looking for tent space.

I am driving in from LAX (from Brooklyn/NY) so i have no idea how we would link up ..etc. I'm sure we could figure it out.

Some info about me

- music lover / work in music
    - pretty laid back
    - married/30's (aka. boring ...or possibly a great wingman ;-)
    - first time ever seeing a desert! (but plenty of experience camping)

You

- Normal and not into drama or general negative behavior.
    - Normal
    - Not into drama or general negative behavior

I'm totally fine with whatever drugs you want to do as long as it doesn't change the above description of you.

Looks like I will be able to arrive on Thursday late afternoon/evening

Thanks and hope everyone has a great time!
    Last edited by jfu222; 02-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Default Re: 2nd Week / Going solo (just found out)/ Have extra space for camping/cool peeps

let's do it!!!!! I need camping buddies!

Default Re: 2nd Week / Going solo (just found out)/ Have extra space for camping/cool peeps

Make sure you have the ticket that is associated with the car camping ticket! Per the rules, only the first ticket bought WITH the camping ticket will be valid. Make sure of your friends give you their camping spot, you swap your ticket with them.

I'd like to join in a camping group with some likeminded fun people going weekend 2. I don't have a camping pass, but would be willing to drive for someone who does. Lets do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

i to have a cammping pass and am looking to drive up frome oc and willing to help with gas please pm me and i,d love to go i,m bringing a tent-cot and my cloths and and verry chilled/layed back his will be my 8th coachella once aggan please pm me if you are intersted

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Make sure you have the ticket that is associated with the car camping ticket! Per the rules, only the first ticket bought WITH the camping ticket will be valid. Make sure of your friends give you their camping spot, you swap your ticket with them.
    WOW .. I had no idea dcbell05 ... I better check into that. Thanks! So if I have the ticket that I bought and my friend's camping pass I am basically screwed? (not a good way to start my first coachella

Send me a PM Rrgg21. I'm down ... actually .. anyone interested please feel free to PM and I'll get in touch as things get closer to the date.

Quote Originally Posted by jfu222 View Post
    WOW .. I had no idea dcbell05 ... I better check into that. Thanks! So if I have the ticket that I bought and my friend's camping pass I am basically screwed? (not a good way to start my first coachella
    I think there are a LOT of people who didn't see that part of the FAQ section, so I have a bad feeling it's going to be a clusterf*ck this year. I don't know if they will actually ENFORCE this, but it's worth checking into. If you can just swap with your friends, that would be easiest. From my understand, the wristband that is associated with the camping ticket will com ein a different (first) package from the other wristbands. However, I don't work for Golden Voice, so this is just my understanding of the website rules (and from other threads).

Get everything sorted out now so you can have a chill Coachella. You should have no problem meeting lots of cool people. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    I think there are a LOT of people who didn't see that part of the FAQ section, so I have a bad feeling it's going to be a clusterf*ck this year. I don't know if they will actually ENFORCE this, but it's worth checking into. If you can just swap with your friends, that would be easiest. From my understand, the wristband that is associated with the camping ticket will com ein a different (first) package from the other wristbands. However, I don't work for Golden Voice, so this is just my understanding of the website rules (and from other threads).

Get everything sorted out now so you can have a chill Coachella. You should have no problem meeting lots of cool people. :-)
    All set ... you saved me from a potential headache. thanks dcbell5!