Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kings of Leon...anybody?

Default Kings of Leon...anybody?

I guess it's early still, but what's with the seeming lack of excitement for Kings of Leon? Only one other person even had them on their list in the Top 10 Acts thread. They are going to kill it! Too bad they'll probably be stuck in the Mojave in the afternoon or something, but I can't wait to see them.
    I just don't understand why they never have (and probably never will) made it big in the States. Too much country-influence maybe? Tough to understand vocals?
    Oh well...I'm counting on being able to get an up-close spot for their set.

Default Re: Kings of Leon...anybody?

not even if i were retarded.

I've seen them twice in a small club here in Dallas and they were fantastic. I think they are a great club act, but I don't know how it would translate on a larger stage. They have great intensity, but they aren't the most charasmatic band I've ever seen...
    Last edited by dallascoachella; 01-22-2007 at 08:58 PM.

Not in my Top 10 must-see but I love their songs. Somebody said (in who have you seen live thread) they are boring live. However, would like to see them perform and I'll probably watch them barring any major conflict.

they rock, i like them a lot. don't know if they would be in my top ten list, tho...
    We have a cast like ABBA
    We look like SUPERSTARS
    We sound like THE MOCKERY
    www.the-mockery.de.vu

i cant wait to see these guys.ive heard they're amazing live.theyd be in my top 5 definitely!!!

I like the Kings of Leon, saw them open for U2, and i fell asleep during their set...but saw them open for Dylan, and it was excellent! They are def on my list to see there....

i saw them at the roxy in 05 and they just weren't very good. They sounded bored and looked boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

and, let me add, i went to the show because i'm a fan of their albums. They're both really good. My friend had seen them twice before and said that he was underwhelmed both times.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Seen them live here in the UK a couple of times - while we love the Kings this side of the pond, they pretty much stink live. But hell, check em out for yourself - might be a different story in the US sunshine!

McDonalds music is taking over and Kings Of Leon are a breath of fresh air amongst a lot of bullshit that's out there at the moment. The vocals are purely original and its a quality sound thats hard to find. Dirty southern rock!!!
    Keep doin that shit KOL cant wait to see you in Ireland again, until then i'll have to come to California

One of my favorite acts. I am most definitely excited.

They were pretty bad when i saw them live too (at the garage in London) - It was before the 1st album came out. I'd only heard Mollys Chambers, but the night was so uninspiring, i never even bought the 1st album.

2nd one was ok tho

Can't understand the muted views for their live shows. I've seen them 4 times at different stages of their career and they have never failed to deliver a kick-ass live show. First time I saw them was in the new bands tent at Glastonbury, twice in the UK at small venues and at the Roseland ballroom in New York.

The crowd reaction at all the shows was great even the New York show which surprised me as we had been to other band's shows in the states where the audience reaction was underwhelming to say the least.

They're not hip, not trendy just straight forward southern rock but they do it very well, worth checking out.

KOL put on an amazing live show. Full of energy!!!! You might not have any idea what the hell he is singing but it is great bare bones rock n' roll!!!

I really like their albums, so I'll probably end up seeing them. And if I don't like it, I'll just catch someone else's set.

I put together a Coachella playlist for my MP3 last night at work and every time Kings came on it brought a smile to my face. There are lots of great acts this year, but depending on time slot and stage, Kings should be one of the memorable performances from 07

I'm really looking forward to seeing them live ,they probably are my favorite band right now!!

I wanted Kings of Convenience. I feel like I got their equivalent of "Sam's Choice Soda".

Just kidding, Kings of Leon are okay. It is just that there are other great bands on their day that sort of take away from their excitement factor.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

i saw kings of leon at glastonbury festival in england and i dint no em that well, but they were still pretty good. the crowd loved em.
    after that show i started liking em, but i dont have a clue wherew they have gone. been soo quiet aint heard nothing of em, sooo i honestlky cant wait to see em again

I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people. I've seen them twice, first time was awesome. Tons of energy good ground interaction... second time though seem uninspired and distant. They always play pretty 'tight' though, it seems sometimes they just don't put much energy into their sets. I would assume at a big festival like coachella that they'd play with a lot of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    but i dont have a clue wherew they have gone. been soo quiet aint heard nothing of em, sooo i honestlky cant wait to see em again
    They've been working on a new album, it should be done or close to it by then.

Caught KoL at Tastefest in Detroit last summer and they debuted four or five new songs, all of which were "anthemic." They put on a fantastic show.

kol has made it in the top 10 charts of many indie magazines, and even top 1 on some ocassions (for best band of the year). I love kol and im totlay stoked to see em.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal138 View Post
    They've been working on a new album, it should be done or close to it by then.
    Yup - new album out on the 3rd of April in the US and the 2nd in Uk and Ireland. Would love to see them again, on their home turf this time

I'm surprised to hear so many negative comments on their live show. But what it sounds like from these posts and all the articles I've read on them, is that they were burnt out on their most recent tour. Early on after their first album came out they were excited to tour and certainly thought that commercial success would follow all their critical praise (I missed them on their first tour...Caleb had laryngitis or something and they cancelled here). But after their second album flopped commercially, and opening for U2 and Pearl Jam didn't lead to anything, I think they became mildy depressed about why they weren't making it big in the States, and that may have led to their stale live shows.

Hopefuly the new album will be more widely received and they'll come in to Coachella ready to jumpstart things again, leading to a kick-ass performance.

i dont understand there not big over there.

There fuckin adored in england.
    THere amazing, this is just about rage tho.

I saw them a few years ago in a Nashville club and they were amazing. I just hope they sound as good in a larger, open setting.
    Of course i'm home. I'm always home. I'm uncool! - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

I seen Kings of Leon open for U2 in Anaheim. It's going to be something to see them live!
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I hope the new album is out in time, it would be really cool to hear some new stuff.