Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coachella

104 94.55%
  • Hangout

6 5.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hangout Music Festival (kicks Coachellas Ass) Lineup vs. Coachella

Default Re: Hangout Music Festival (kicks Coachellas Ass) Lineup vs. Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Neutron View Post
    Fuck randy newman
    haha
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Thanks brah! I needed a good

the format and accomodations for this festival needs to be applied to the diversity and line-up of coachella. coachella rapes its followers every year. getting to and from the festival is a bitch... parking is a bitch... at hangout.. i parked my car on friday and didn't pick it up until sunday. total friggin freedom, and beautiful people despite some of the acts that make me cringe just looking at them

Hangout Music Fest (Gulf Shores)
    http://www.hangoutmusicfest.com/

Here's the deal here. This festival has revolutionized the way in which festivals conduct their business.

#1 : they do not charge for water... you can bring in your own water bottles!!!! yeah that's right coachella, and this isn't even the friggin desert.

#2 : the festival is on the beach with entry and re-entry privileges in downtown gulf shores ::: bars... Hooters... seafood restaurants.. all with regular priced drinks and food at your fingertips... no 7 dollar beers and limited crappy sojo drinks. I can't really explain how awesome this is. i couldn't get over it the entire festival.

#3 : There are condos and beach houses surrounding the entire festival that allows for walking access straight from your hotel or beach party. The beach erupts with life and afterparty festivities that allowed for the best time of my life...

#4 : did i say you're on a beautiful white sanded beach with The Flaming Lips.... Shpongle... and The Red Hot Chili Peppers with no pat-downs or obscene security procedures with the ability to bring your own water, and purchase a large variety of drinks, cocktails and food at regular prices with in and out priveleges... its too good. this sets the bar despite who is playing. Alabama is also dirt cheap. just go and thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by beolshika View Post
    Alabama is also dirt cheap. just go and thank me later.
    Alabama is also scary.

faile blog
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

There are actually a few acts who aren't at Coachella that I would like to see. Jack White, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Shpongle, The String Cheese Incident. The pics of the venue seem really nice too.

But if you really thnik that this lineup is better top to bottom then you are a giant ignoramus.

I am extremely bored at the moment so I am going to go through this guy's post.
    the format and accomodations for this festival needs to be applied to the diversity and line-up of coachella.
    How? Why? What the fuck? Are you serious?

coachella rapes its followers every year.
    How so? Water is reasonably priced if you want to buy a bottle of it and you can always refill a bottle you bring in at the water stations. The beer cost is on par with any other major event that serves beer. Same with the food. The festival cost is certainly justifiable considering the venue, acts, art and many other accommodations given.

getting to and from the festival is a bitch...

No, it really isn't. I took us 20 minutes to drive from our hotel and we were only waiting in a line of cars for about 10 minutes before parking each day. If that's a "bitch" to you then you need to sack the fuck up and stop being such a god damn pussy.

parking is a bitch...
    Not for me it wasn't. The longest I waited to leave the lots on any of the three nights was 10 minutes. They fixed that issue in 2011. There was a little hold up the first night in 2011 but after that it was smooth sailings.

i parked my car on friday and didn't pick it up until sunday. total friggin freedom, and beautiful people despite some of the acts that make me cringe just looking at them

Camp at Coachella and you get all the freedom you want. I don't know about you, but I am hesitant to just leave my car parked somewhere relatively unfamiliar for several days if I am not in the direct vicinity of it.

Here's the deal here. This festival has revolutionized the way in which festivals conduct their business.
    Give facts on how they have "revolutionized the way in which festivals conduct their business."

#1 : they do not charge for water... you can bring in your own water bottles!!!! yeah that's right coachella, and this isn't even the friggin desert.
    You can do the same thing at Coachella. Bring your own water bottle in and there are refill stations. Do you know what you're talking about?

#2 : the festival is on the beach with entry and re-entry privileges in downtown gulf shores ::: bars... Hooters... seafood restaurants.. all with regular priced drinks and food at your fingertips... no 7 dollar beers and limited crappy sojo drinks. I can't really explain how awesome this is. i couldn't get over it the entire festival.
    I won't argue that being on a beach sounds appealing, but all of this other shit... who cares? Coachella had a full service bar last year, it will be back again this year and there will be multiple restaurants located in the festival and campgrounds. Who cares about Hooters? Their food sucks and if you want to see tits, there are plenty of those at Coachella.

#3 : There are condos and beach houses surrounding the entire festival that allows for walking access straight from your hotel or beach party. The beach erupts with life and afterparty festivities that allowed for the best time of my life...
    Campgrounds provide the same thing at Coachella and there are condos and nicer tents if you need / can pay for those accommodations.

#4 : did i say you're on a beautiful white sanded beach with The Flaming Lips.... Shpongle... and The Red Hot Chili Peppers with no pat-downs or obscene security procedures with the ability to bring your own water, and purchase a large variety of drinks, cocktails and food at regular prices with in and out priveleges... its too good. this sets the bar despite who is playing. Alabama is also dirt cheap. just go and thank me later.
    Again, the beach sounds nice, but trying to sell me with RHCP isn't going to work. Coachella also allows you to bring your own water bottle, fill it for free, will have a wide variety of of drinks and cocktails, the festival has ins and outs (unless you are referring to the beer garden, which I actually enjoy because I don't want beer spilled on me while watching an act perform.)... it's also NOT in Alabama, but California.

I am sure this is a fun festival and if I lived close enough and it was cheap enough I would go. But to say this is better than Coachella or sets any sort of standard for Coachella to follow is laughable. Go swallow a spoonful gooch sweat.

Is it just me or does hangout fest seem to not have very many performers for a 3day fest? The line up looks small, some big names... It looks like one of coachellas days spread over 3 days. Not worth the trek from CA.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Is it just me or does hangout fest seem to not have very many performers for a 3day fest? The line up looks small, some big names... It looks like one of coachellas days spread over 3 days. Not worth the trek from CA.
    agreed...but it's only 1 stage from what I can see...they prob have longer sets
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

There's something to be said for hearing Steve Winwood perform on a fucking beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    There's something to be said for hearing Steve Winwood perform on a fucking beach.
    ^QFT

Right, because you could do beach stuff instead of listening to his boring whine.

the format and accomodations for this festival needs to be applied to the diversity and line-up of coachella. coachella rapes its followers every year. getting to and from the festival is a bitch... parking is a bitch... at hangout.. i parked my car on friday and didn't pick it up until sunday. total friggin freedom, and beautiful people despite some of the acts that make me cringe just looking at them

So it's basically ATP but with a substantially worse lineup
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

But yet, myself and my friends from Georgia have been going to Coachella for the past 7 years and look at this festival and laugh.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

The only reason I would be even remotely interested in that lineup is because of Jack White.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Take a look before you judge

http://lineup.hangoutmusicfest.com/

There festival KiLLS from top to bottom
    It's seriously unbelievable how stupid you are
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

THIS.

I was reading through the thread and was wondering when the fuck someone would at least mention Steve Winwood.
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '09 '11 '12(2) '14(1)