Thread: LAX to Indio: Greyhound or...???

Lurker

Default LAX to Indio: Greyhound or...???

Flying into LAX on Saturday am.
    I noticed the Greyhound station is about 18 miles from LAX. Does anyone have any idea what is usually the cost for that? How long does it take?
    Any other ideas considering I am arriving on Saturday? Carpool?

Default Re: LAX to Indio: Greyhound or...???

I think it costs $35 plus tip, plus maybe a couple bucks extra for any large luggage, to get from LAX to downtown in a cab. Without traffic it should take about 25 minutes. With traffic it could take an hour (although there's a freeway carpool lane, so if you're in a cab it's faster than if you're driving alone).

Or $15 per person plus tip for SuperShuttle.

Or $3 per person for the FlyAway bus to Union Station, which is about 2 miles from the Greyhound terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I think it costs $35 plus tip, plus maybe a couple bucks extra for any large luggage, to get from LAX to downtown in a cab. Without traffic it should take about 25 minutes. With traffic it could take an hour (although there's a freeway carpool lane, so if you're in a cab it's faster than if you're driving alone).

Or $15 per person plus tip for SuperShuttle.

Or $3 per person for the FlyAway bus to Union Station, which is about 2 miles from the Greyhound terminal.
    Hi

Flying in from UK and staying at the Holiday Inn near LAX for a few days. Thinking of travelling to Coachella on Thursday morning on Greyhound bus but after reading a few posts I see the cab ride to Greyhound station downtown might be a bit pricey. Don't really feel confident making the journey using public transport as I don't know the city. Anyone up for using one of the options above to split the costs? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Rent a Shuttle. It's gonna be cheaper for all of you. Shuttles are vans that have room for 8 persons. They are circling around LAX Airport 24 hrs. Checks super shuttles or prime shuttles. I believe a round trip from LAX to Indio it's gonna be around 50 - 75 dollars, depending in how many persons you get for the van. You can reserve online. It's gonna be safe and cheaper than taking taxis and greyhound. Shuttles are also available in Ontario Airport, I don't know about Palm Springs.