Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 47 of 47

Thread: What electronic acts should I check out?

  1. #31
    aaronbk
    Guest

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Stop being lazy. You dont need me to post links and quote other threads in here. Get over it, its a message board of course everyone is going to be a jackass. BUT HERE YOU GO: you are wrong because there will be no pure filth stage this year(been discussed a hundred times, there also is a thread about this) pure filth sound is some stupid project between the guy who ran pure filth and some other fool. As far as what artist you should check out, you have 60 days to check out the artist on the lineup.READY?SET, GO!

  2. #32

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    thanx for all the suggestions. I have a good idea of what I'm getting my self into now. I'm beyond stoked for this festival.

  3. #33

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    dont ever listen to anything malcolmjamalawesome says. the guy is the biggest virgin nerd on this forum and a huge music elitist. he often tries to sound funny by typing shit in italics but always comes off awkward. he put together a huge thread making fun of most of the edm lineup. he's probably one of those people who's decided pre-festival that he wont have a good time and will spend most of his time sulking around wishing their was more underground acts. bottom line is that no matter how much of a big shot he thinks he is on these forums wont matter cuz he's going to have a shitty weekend since every act is below his hipster trash standards rofl
    Good to know. He made the best possible first impression on me

  4. #34
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?


    Dj Shadow has alot of soul in his music. He dropped a new album this year, first in a long time. On top of that he's a great scratch DJ. He composes his music ENTIRELY from samples, which IMO is amazing for the quality that comes out.




  5. #35
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?


    Explosions in the Sky. I don't know too much about the actual band. They're a fusion of experimental instrumentation, rock and electronic music. Downtempo stuff, good for relaxing and self inflection. Feel good stuff.




  6. #36
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?


    M83 could be considered a related artist to Pretty Lights. At least I think so, and so does Spotify.


  7. #37
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Skip Kaskade, Swedish House Mafia and Guetta. They are all mediocre fist pump electronic music. SHM is likely the best of those three but if you listen to save the world you've heard their best song and it's nothing special.

    Porter Robinson, Justice, DJ Shadow and Nero are all good bets.

  8. #38

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Coming from a huge Pretty Lights fan, some of the best quality electronic acts to check out:
    -Breakbot
    -SebasiAn
    -SBTRKT
    -Sub Focus
    -Flying Lotus
    -Jacques Lu Cont
    -Modeselektor
    -DJ Shadow
    -Zedd
    -Thunder Cat
    Thanx dude. Most of these sound pretty dope.

  9. #39

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by AffliKtion View Post

    Dj Shadow has alot of soul in his music. He dropped a new album this year, first in a long time. On top of that he's a great scratch DJ. He composes his music ENTIRELY from samples, which IMO is amazing for the quality that comes out.




    Hell yeah all the videos you posted are sic. Thank you.

  10. #40
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Skip Kaskade, Swedish House Mafia and Guetta. They are all mediocre fist pump electronic music. SHM is likely the best of those three but if you listen to save the world you've heard their best song and it's nothing special.

    Porter Robinson, Justice, DJ Shadow and Nero are all good bets.
    if you think save the world is better than one, the anthem of 2010, idk what to tell you

  11. #41
    Member welgo800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    if you think save the world is better than one, the anthem of 2010, idk what to tell you
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

    Learn it. Know it. Live it.

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,520

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    At first
    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Skip Kaskade, Swedish House Mafia and Guetta. They are all mediocre fist pump electronic music.
    But then

    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Porter Robinson, ... are all good bets.
    And then sadz
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  13. #43
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    i prefer instrumental mix but that ones not bad either

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,520

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    if you think save the world is better than one, the anthem of 2010, idk what to tell you
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  15. #45
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,473

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Explosions in the sky: best electronic act on the lineup.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  16. #46

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Malcolm, who do you want to see this coachella? I only see hater posts on how everyone sucks, love to see your weekend sched/ dream sched

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,136

    Default Re: What electronic acts should I check out?

    Quote Originally Posted by evobeatsti View Post
    Malcolm, who do you want to see this coachella? I only see hater posts on how everyone sucks, love to see your weekend sched/ dream sched
    I think he already addressed this in THIS thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Coming from a huge Pretty Lights fan, some of the best quality electronic acts to check out:
    -Breakbot
    -SebasiAn
    -SBTRKT
    -Sub Focus
    -Flying Lotus
    -Jacques Lu Cont
    -Modeselektor
    -DJ Shadow
    -Zedd
    -Thunder Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    With the exception of Zedd, and with the possible addition of Amon Tobin and The Rapture, I agree with the above post.

Similar Threads

  1. Roll Call: Electronic Acts
    By tomphan1 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM
  2. Too Much Electronic!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Failed State in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 09:35 AM
  4. yo check out my electronic coachella music
    By 8BitMinistry in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 05:12 PM
  5. Other acts being announced? big acts?
    By 3hitsaday in forum Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •