Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have dum friends

Default Re: I have dum friends

You're friends sound as shitty as my Non-Coachella friends. They just don't get it. I'm fortunate enough to have a large group of friends who understand the magic of Coachella, that I go with every year - but honestly there are so many awesome people to meet AT Coachella. You'd be better of selling the other tickets, going solo and making friends at the campgrounds/inside the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    None of my friends care about Coachella, or they act like they do and then say they can't afford it.

I first went in 07 with some people I knew in college and it was a life-changing experience. I am cursed with the need to share things I love with others, so I took my family to Friday in 09 to see Paul McCartney. Ever since then I have tried to convince friends to go, to no avail. Too expensive, don't know enough bands, etc. The lack of single day tickets has really hindered my attempts.

This year I purchased 4 tickets and a car camping pass for Weekend 1 in the presale, due to last year's quick sellout. If I have to sell the tickets it will be the saddest money I have ever made. I am resolved to succeed. I have been doing daily Coachella posts on Facebook with videos of artists on the lineup. I've received a few wishy washy responses, a couple that appear just interested in buying a ticket(s) off me, and at least one interested party that I would never consider taking.

So yeah, I have shitty friends. Any suggestions on how I can best seal the deal short of discounting tickets/kidnapping people?

Introduce them to your favorite artists that are playing at the festival, or who you think they would like. Ask your friends if they want to go. Tell them they have to give you the full amount that you paid for the tickets though. If they still don't want to go, sell your remaining tickets on StubHub, etc. Why is this so hard for you to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post

So yeah, I have shitty friends. Any suggestions on how I can best seal the deal short of discounting tickets/kidnapping people?

I don't see how the promise of drugs an live music didn't work?
    If all else fails and you have to sell,please message me.

Most of my friends have no interest in Coachella, but I don't hold that against them. Coachella's greatness is an esoteric concept I guess lol.

huge BS, lineup is great. Free ticket and u wouldn't go , I smell horse shit!!!
    verveman77:

yeah bro, i have tons of friends that will buy those tickets off you. we have a huge group going and not everyone could get in. we've been adopting people for the past 6 years... we have candy. lots of candy.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

UPDATE

So I've got a few interested parties. Per the advice of someone I usually trust, I'm setting April 1st as the date by which I need payment for the passes. This is to ensure that I have ample time to unload them on the secondary market, if necessary. I agree with my trusted adviser that I don't want someone saying "yeah sure I'm in" and then pulling out 2 days before, or not paying me.

Is this reasonable?

Nice deadline date and kind of an odd thread you've made. I would say just sell your tickets now to people that actually want them BAD, instead of waiting on your dum facebook friends. Make new friends this year at Coachella, have more of a mind of your own, and be merry.

Are you saying nice deadline date because it's April Fool's Day? I was going to spin it as "you're a fool if you don't go".

Why is it odd? I don't think there's anything odd with wanting to share an awesome experience with others.

Put it this way: If you picked up 2 Coachella tickets, for you and a friend, would you expect to be paid well before the actual event?

Instead of giving a dateline ultimatum for them to decide by; just sell your tickets now to someone who will pay you for it right away.

Was at Laidback Luke the other night and had extra tickets due to flakeouts, sold all tickets super fast to people who were willing to pay face at the entrance. There was this one doofus who wanted to stand in line with us and not pay until he got in, fuck him, we sold the ticket in front of him after all of his weird shadiness.

POINT OF THIS STORY - Your wishy washy friends are the shady kid who will pull out last minute, Robin/SonOfHal are two folks who are solid board members who have asked for passes, same with Goatchella and NachoCat. You'll find coachella is better with people who WANT to be there than people who need a band to sell them a festival.

Also it seems from your poll that you are a sober person, you will easily find folks that party your style who want to go.

I just paid $500 for a ticket for one of my best friends.

He old me he wants to go but he will never spend $300+ going to a concert.
    I took care of that problem. Happy birthday motha sucka.

Either

A) your best friend is truly excellent
    B) you are filthy rich, or
    C) you are dumb with money.

Or some combination thereof.

I am a hood rich, moron with a big heart and really great friends.

If you bought tickets and have no friends to go with you are

A) a clown with tickets and no friends
    B) a donkey with no friends and extra tickets
    C) a returd scalper with no skills

Well I'm no scalper...and I certainly have friends, just not ones with the same ideas of fun and good music that I have. So D) none of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    I'm conflicted because I want a ticket but I don't want to be your friend.

One of the best sentences ever constructed.

Got one!!!!