Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Governors Ball Music Festival

Default Re: Governors Ball Music Festival

fucking YES. I will be attending this. fuck yeah.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

and i'm assuming The Postal Service is the blacked out name? and Coachella got the debut so they can't announce it yet?

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

could be the postal service. the national are playing at barclays a few days before. maybe they are waiting to announce them until after that barclays show sells out. could be yeah yeah yeahs as well, with the same coachella announcement coming first rule. even without that third headliner, this is going to be grand.

It's Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    Cut Copy still touring? Very, very interesting...
    Hopefully this means new material, and a Coachella appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    It's Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
    why are they blacked out? i would like it to be them, but the blacking out doesn't really make sense unless coachella has an exclusive announcement deal with them.

I wish what is blacked out was an actual name rather than just the appearance of such.

There are a good number of artists here I'd really like to see. I'd be real interested in seeing the line-up listed day by day. Though if they sell well there may not be day tickets to consider. And they'd likely be $75-$100, plus fees. Hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

???? = Atoms for Peace

11/19 Deafheaven @ MHOW
    11/20 Nils Frahm @ Glasslands
    11/21 Joy Orbison/Ben UFO @ ?
    11/22 Adam X @ Bossa Nova

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

The 3rd headliner is going to be Jack White. On their facebook page the Jack White page is the only band that The Governors Ball page "likes" but hasn't either played in the past or been announced as an artist for this year....book it.

Probably just keeping it a secret to sell the lower tiered tickets faster in anticipation.

What do ya think?

Music Snobbery mentions the third act is Mumford and Sons.
    http://www.musicsnobbery.com/2013/01...ball-2013.html
    Blah...Blah...Blah...

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifeanalysis View Post
    Music Snobbery mentions the third act is Mumford and Sons.
    http://www.musicsnobbery.com/2013/01...ball-2013.html
    I guess that makes as much sense as any headliner....but I'm still saying Jack White (Not even because I want to see him, I saw him twice on this most recent tour)..

mumford and sons makes much more sense than any of the others mentioned. they have 2 huge bowery presents shows coming up in early february, and bowery never allows a band to announce another non-bowery show before the already-scheduled one. this makes even more sense considering the avett brothers and the lumineers are on the lineup.

tickets on sale at 12pm (eastern).

got my tickets! missed out on the early birds but nbd.

woo! got my ticket!

Are these still being sold?

Quote Originally Posted by JulianAniel View Post
    Are these still being sold?
    Yup http://govball.eventbrite.com/
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

I'm going to be coming from California, and I've never been to NY before. How do most people get to the festival?

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    I'm going to be coming from California, and I've never been to NY before. How do most people get to the festival?
    the festival really tries to push the ferry ticket as being a good way to get there. whatever you do, do not buy the ferry ticket. all you have to do is take the subway to 125th st. (4, 5 or 6 train) and then a short 5 minute bus ride to the festival. or you can walk from 125th as well. last year my friend and i left at the exact same time from my apartment downtown. he took the ferry (which is 45 dollars plus fees) and i took the train and bus (7 dollars) and i got there 40 minutes quicker, and for a whole lot less money.

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zfireswitch View Post
    the festival really tries to push the ferry ticket as being a good way to get there. whatever you do, do not buy the ferry ticket. all you have to do is take the subway to 125th st. (4, 5 or 6 train) and then a short 5 minute bus ride to the festival. or you can walk from 125th as well. last year my friend and i left at the exact same time from my apartment downtown. he took the ferry (which is 45 dollars plus fees) and i took the train and bus (7 dollars) and i got there 40 minutes quicker, and for a whole lot less money.
    Everything zfireswitch is 100% true, but if this is your first time in NY and have some extra cash to drop on the ferry, it might be a cool experience for you to get to see all the buildings from the water. It does take some time waiting for the ferries to dock and take off, but if you plan on goin in fairly early each day its not so bad. I for one think a boat ride in the morning is a nice way to start the day, but thats just me.
    Last edited by Fidoosh; 02-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

final headliner tomorrow

There is talk that it might be an EDM act cuz they already have a rap and a rock headliner. I could believe this only because i know they are trying to stay pretty diverse and equal to the genres. I, for one, have noticed the lineup is heavy in alternative music. Any Speculation on who it might be?
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

it is 99.9999% mumford and sons.

My money would be on either Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Postal Service, Mumford and Sons or the Strokes.

definitely not postal service.. they're headling barclays center in brookyln on june 14, the next weekend after the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by zfireswitch View Post
    definitely not postal service.. they're headling barclays center in brookyln on june 14, the next weekend after the festival.
    good point. Mumford have 4 sold out shows in NY/NJ this month.

All great guesses. First year was Girl Talk followed by Pretty Lights, Second Year was Kid Cudi(who was the worst person i've ever seen) and Beck. I think its gonna be someone dancy. Not necessarily EDM but someone a bit more up-beat. Just seems like it would fit.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Mumford and Sons have a huge gap between April 11 and July 13 but both of those dates are in Europe. After 2 sold out shows at Barclays this month, I think it would be strange for them to come back to NYC for another show. Postal Service playing NYC a week after the festival seems to suggest they won't be playing either.

With new albums from the Strokes, Vampire Weekend and YYYs coming this spring, June seems a while away for them to be doing their hometown shows... but I can't think of too many others that would be possibilities.

i'll be the first to say that i was very, very wrong. we all were: it's guns n' roses. when i first looked, i thought, huh? are they joking? but it's on their website. really really weird.

Whoa I wasn't expecting that. Guns N Roses ?! Would have never guessed that in a million years. I don't know how i feel about this. I mean its cool just for the fact I can get to say I saw Guns N Roses....but not that cool. I was really hopin to dance, Oh well. But for real... Stone Roses... Rolling Stones... Guns N Roses... think im startin to notice a pattern...... of OLD!!
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?