Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: any indications

  1. #1

    Angry any indications

    when set times are coming out, we are basically two weeks away. We want our set times!

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,139

    Default Re: any indications

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

  4. #4
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: any indications

    I think last year it was Monday the week of - just a few days before the fest.

  5. #5

    Default Re: any indications

    Has it ever been earlier than the Monday before the festival ? It seems like thats always the day.

    Why they wait so long I'll never understand.

  6. #6
    Member Prelude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NP, CA
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: any indications

    Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    Has it ever been earlier than the Monday before the festival ? It seems like thats always the day.

    Why they wait so long I'll never understand.
    SUGER................. AND WATER.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

  7. #7
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: any indications

    Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    Has it ever been earlier than the Monday before the festival ? It seems like thats always the day.

    Why they wait so long I'll never understand.
    possibly because they are juggling who's going to play where and when up until almost the very last minute? it's not the easiest thing in the world to coordinate 120+ artists across 3 days when you're having to deal with flights, set up time, foot traffic flow, and a million other things. it's not like GV just slams a gavel and commands these artists to play at a specific time and place. it's possible that 10 minutes before the start of a set the artist you're about to see isn't even on the premises. shit requires planning and coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  8. #8
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,242

    Default Re: any indications

    ^ This

    As much as I am awaiting the set times (which is just about all I can think about at this point) it wont come out any earlier than Monday
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  9. #9

    Default Re: any indications

    I think it helps build suspense... plus ppl are more likely to decide to attend last-minute if they DON'T know that their two favourite acts are playing at the same time haha, in previous years when it wasn't sold out they probably got into the habit of waiting til the last minute for this reason
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

  10. #10
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: any indications

    From an Email I got from Coachella on 3/21

    "COACHOOSER IS BACK
    For those who have Coachella.com accounts, head over to the line up page and start choosing what bands you plan to see. View by list or grid and sort alphabetically, by date or by stage. Set times and stages will be filled in a few days before the festival. You can later link this up to the upcoming 2012 mobile app. Stay tuned. "
    Coachella 2012 (Weekend 2)

    Day 1: The Black Keys, Pulp, Refused, Arctic Monkeys, Mazzy Star, M83, Madness, Atari Teenage Riot
    Day 2: RADIOHEAD, The Shins, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Childish Gambino
    Day 3: At The Drive-In, Dre & Snoop, DJ Shadow, The Hives

    Vegoose 2007, Coachella 2010, Neon Desert 2011, Coachella 2012 (weekend 2), Neon Desert 2012

  11. #11
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default Re: any indications

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    possibly because they are juggling who's going to play where and when up until almost the very last minute? it's not the easiest thing in the world to coordinate 120+ artists across 3 days when you're having to deal with flights, set up time, foot traffic flow, and a million other things. it's not like GV just slams a gavel and commands these artists to play at a specific time and place. it's possible that 10 minutes before the start of a set the artist you're about to see isn't even on the premises. shit requires planning and coordination.
    Judging by various comments made last year, the set times would have been complete in the last week or so and band would know their time slot.

    Except for a couple acts debuting stage setups, were are mostly aware of acts that have special needs when it comes to time slot booking.

  12. #12
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: any indications

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    possibly because they are juggling who's going to play where and when up until almost the very last minute? it's not the easiest thing in the world to coordinate 120+ artists across 3 days when you're having to deal with flights, set up time, foot traffic flow, and a million other things. it's not like GV just slams a gavel and commands these artists to play at a specific time and place. it's possible that 10 minutes before the start of a set the artist you're about to see isn't even on the premises. shit requires planning and coordination.
    I think they're actually finalized more than a week in advance, to allow time to print the booklets distributed at the festival. They could be printed with only 1-2 days notice, but that's typically *substantially* more expensive.

    (Although they might be able to reserve the day months in advance, which could potentially cut down on the cost).

  13. #13
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default Re: any indications

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    I think they're actually finalized more than a week in advance, to allow time to print the booklets distributed at the festival. They could be printed with only 1-2 days notice, but that's typically *substantially* more expensive.

    (Although they might be able to reserve the day months in advance, which could potentially cut down on the cost).
    Bands also need sound/lights requirements depending on what stage they play and if it's at night or not. 2-3 weeks minimum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •