Thread: any indications

Angry any indications

when set times are coming out, we are basically two weeks away. We want our set times!

Default Re: any indications

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I think last year it was Monday the week of - just a few days before the fest.

Has it ever been earlier than the Monday before the festival ? It seems like thats always the day.

Why they wait so long I'll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    Has it ever been earlier than the Monday before the festival ? It seems like thats always the day.

SUGER................. AND WATER.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post

possibly because they are juggling who's going to play where and when up until almost the very last minute? it's not the easiest thing in the world to coordinate 120+ artists across 3 days when you're having to deal with flights, set up time, foot traffic flow, and a million other things. it's not like GV just slams a gavel and commands these artists to play at a specific time and place. it's possible that 10 minutes before the start of a set the artist you're about to see isn't even on the premises. shit requires planning and coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

^ This

As much as I am awaiting the set times (which is just about all I can think about at this point) it wont come out any earlier than Monday
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

I think it helps build suspense... plus ppl are more likely to decide to attend last-minute if they DON'T know that their two favourite acts are playing at the same time haha, in previous years when it wasn't sold out they probably got into the habit of waiting til the last minute for this reason
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

Lurker

From an Email I got from Coachella on 3/21

"COACHOOSER IS BACK
    For those who have Coachella.com accounts, head over to the line up page and start choosing what bands you plan to see. View by list or grid and sort alphabetically, by date or by stage. Set times and stages will be filled in a few days before the festival. You can later link this up to the upcoming 2012 mobile app. Stay tuned. "
    Coachella 2012 (Weekend 2)

Day 1: The Black Keys, Pulp, Refused, Arctic Monkeys, Mazzy Star, M83, Madness, Atari Teenage Riot
    Day 2: RADIOHEAD, The Shins, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Childish Gambino
    Day 3: At The Drive-In, Dre & Snoop, DJ Shadow, The Hives

Vegoose 2007, Coachella 2010, Neon Desert 2011, Coachella 2012 (weekend 2), Neon Desert 2012

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    possibly because they are juggling who's going to play where and when up until almost the very last minute? it's not the easiest thing in the world to coordinate 120+ artists across 3 days when you're having to deal with flights, set up time, foot traffic flow, and a million other things. it's not like GV just slams a gavel and commands these artists to play at a specific time and place. it's possible that 10 minutes before the start of a set the artist you're about to see isn't even on the premises. shit requires planning and coordination.
    Judging by various comments made last year, the set times would have been complete in the last week or so and band would know their time slot.

Except for a couple acts debuting stage setups, were are mostly aware of acts that have special needs when it comes to time slot booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    I think they're actually finalized more than a week in advance, to allow time to print the booklets distributed at the festival. They could be printed with only 1-2 days notice, but that's typically *substantially* more expensive.

(Although they might be able to reserve the day months in advance, which could potentially cut down on the cost).

old school

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    I think they're actually finalized more than a week in advance, to allow time to print the booklets distributed at the festival. They could be printed with only 1-2 days notice, but that's typically *substantially* more expensive.

(Although they might be able to reserve the day months in advance, which could potentially cut down on the cost).
    Bands also need sound/lights requirements depending on what stage they play and if it's at night or not. 2-3 weeks minimum.