Thread: Question about Worldmark Indio

Default Question about Worldmark Indio

Looking for an answer from someone who has stayed there... I reserved a 2 BR unit at the Worldmark Indio, and was told the max occupancy is 6 people. How strict is this policy? How do even they keep track of everyone? I didn't think it would be a big deal to have a few extra, but some Yelp reviews warned that security will literally kick them out. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Question about Worldmark Indio

I have stayed there on a non Coachella weekend and we had tons of people in our room, no problem. However they may be more strict because it is Coachella weekend. There is still no way for them to completely monitor it, so as long as your not making a scene I think you should be good. What weekend are you going? My buddies and I are staying there as well.

I hope you have friends who like hiding in the boot of your car. They track pretty strictly when you get back at night. It's not that hard for them to match number in car against room number and amount of people who've already given that number.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I stayed there in 2009 for Coachella. We were 6 people and on saturday 3 more arrived. No one said shit.

That place is pretty awesome btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I hope you have friends who like hiding in the boot of your car. They track pretty strictly when you get back at night. It's not that hard for them to match number in car against room number and amount of people who've already given that number.
    ^What he said.

When you drive in, they ask what room number you are in and what name the room is booked under. If you have a 6 person room with 8 people staying in it and have 2 cars... You better be sure they only see 3 people in each car. Hiding in the trunk is what we have done the past couple years. No joke. So, be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    I stayed there in 2009 for Coachella. We were 6 people and on saturday 3 more arrived. No one said shit.
    I stayed there in 2010 and 2011. The first night in 2010 they didn't check cars, the Saturday and Sunday night they did, and they checked all 3 nights in 2011. It must be a new thing they started doing over the past 2 years.
    Last edited by rage patton; 02-12-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Hiding in trunks, got it, LOL. Thanks everyone! weekend one woooo

We are staying there this weekend, can't wait. We should just throw a massive pool party

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm staying at the Worldmark first weekend this year. I'm wondering if they have a shuttle to take you to and back from the festival? I've heard conflicting information. If there is no shuttle, how do you suggest we get there? Bike? Cab? We don't want to drive. Obv.

Cab or try and hitch a ride with others going. We drove some randoms last year. It is too far to bike, IMO. I heard they are doing a shuttle, never saw it last year though. I would call the resort.

I called the resort a couple of weeks ago and they said they were doing shuttles. They will have transport running back and forth all day apparently

Don't count on a cab - it was OK to go to festival last year - but IMPOSSIBLE to catch one after the show - FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipnz View Post
    I called the resort a couple of weeks ago and they said they were doing shuttles. They will have transport running back and forth all day apparently
    If you are trying to catch a must see set, make sure you plan extra time for the shuttles. 2.5 hrs at least.

I stayed there a few years ago. Nice place. People weren't raging to hard at night or at the pool during the day, but they were having a good time.

Only complaint I had was each night we had to wait at security (15mins) while they counted heads in each car. If you are trying to sneak people in you can drop them off up the street at the golf shop and they can sneak in through the golf course. It is a decent walk, so it is probably just easier to hide the ladies in the trunk though.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Worldmark is just ok. The 6 person rule is strictly enforced & the walls are paper thin. But at least it's a place.

Wow really 2.5 hours for the shuttle??? Why so long???