• Dubstep that I don't like

14 11.20%
  • All dubstep is brostep

29 23.20%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What exactly is Bro-step?

Default Re: What exactly is Bro-step?

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Really? Maybe a few girls like Skrillex (the emo ones do), and a few might go to his shows, but you definitely won't see many on the dancefloor at his shows. Did you see any in that Ultra video? Brostep attracts douchey guys to come try to mosh on the dancefloor and this scares all the girls (and me) away.

It's called dancing, not pushing! Learn how to find a groove people!!!
    Hey fuck0z.

Before there was ever dubstep....there was grimey,filthy, glitchy drum and bass. If you stepped foot out of your typicl massive or trance party with jungle side room....if you went to an underground jungle party in san Francisco there was heavy slam dancing and moshing.

Everyone said the same shit... "wtf man, why are these guys moshing where's the PLUR!"

And you know what? Fuck PLUR...it's a joke. None of you little cunts has any respect. You dont know the first thig about respect.

Pills
    Lights
    Untz
    Retards

Not everyone takes the same drugs as you, not everyone is in a happy feet mentality.
    The crowd is what makes music. If you don't like it go to a SHM set and cuddle puddle.

^^^spittin wisdom. Too long to sig, but very worthy.
    Last edited by juloxx; 02-27-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

There is no reason to tolerate the direction dub step has gone. The emotion of chaos that may be displayed through the noise and the mosh pitting is there but the dismissal at the attempt at controlling the chaos to form art is the part that disappoints me the most. Bro step is watching a bunch of immature boys who have yet to learn how to control themselves, flailing about in a desperate attempt at being noticed, even if it is negative attention. They channel their anger at something as simple and dull as they are because they can relate to it. And lets face it, brostep is so easy to pick up on, once you've heard one song you've heard them all and it becomes easy to "dance" to because they all follow the same basic structure. No surprises ever.
    2013: Tool first three time Headliner.

Moshing to DnB is just as retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Moshing is retarded period...the kids are angry. Stay out of their way.

Also: moshing is cool. At punk shows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Lurker

dancing dub-step with jumpstyle? nahhh.
    plus, how can you shuffle with dub-step if dub-steps sounds aren't progressive like hardstyles' is.

someone explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Hey fuck0z.

Before there was ever dubstep....there was grimey,filthy, glitchy drum and bass. If you stepped foot out of your typicl massive or trance party with jungle side room....if you went to an underground jungle party in san Francisco there was heavy slam dancing and moshing.

Everyone said the same shit... "wtf man, why are these guys moshing where's the PLUR!"

And you know what? Fuck PLUR...it's a joke. None of you little cunts has any respect. You dont know the first thig about respect.

Pills
    Lights
    Untz
    Retards

Not everyone takes the same drugs as you, not everyone is in a happy feet mentality.
    The crowd is what makes music. If you don't like it go to a SHM set and cuddle puddle.
    you act like jungle started in parties in san francisco. like you and the gayest city on earth's little underground parties are actually representative of what the genre was about.

^ The angry virgin/homophobe strikes again!

Hey fuck0z.

And before that there was hardcore (the kind of beats that you SF kiddies were running and screaming from) while L.A. had the scene all to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Dubstep can be smooth. A cool cat in a smokey bar in london. Talks easy, confident, well dressed and is slick like James Bond. Brostep is that 22 year old from Missouri. Has his slighty lifted beat up truck he goes "muddin" in. Any loud loises attract him like guns and fire crackers. Nothing smooth about this kid. Usually a stain on his shirt and would go behind your back for just about anything. BZZZZZZZZZZZZWOMP
    I'm 23 from Kansas City, Missouri and I fucking despise Brostep / Derpstep / Lamestep.

Cool Re: What exactly is Bro-step?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    And before that there was hardcore (the kind of beats that you SF kiddies were running and screaming from) while L.A. had the scene all to itself.
    ohhh how i miss GABBER.

Neophyte for coachella 2013
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Lame fuck has no idea I am from LA. Was geeking to Omar Santana and kicking it with Ron D core in Dr Freeclouds Before I even heard jungle music.

Fucking one up champion

Quote Originally Posted by hippiephonics View Post
    you act like jungle started in parties in san francisco. like you and the gayest city on earth's little underground parties are actually representative of what the genre was about.
    We were discussing moshing at dubstep shows cock breath. I'm from LA respectively. Nice try troll.

Lame fuck has no idea I am from LA. Was geeking to Omar Santana and kicking it with Ron D core in Dr Freeclouds Before I even heard jungle music.

Fucking one up champion
    I was there with you sir.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012