Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 MLB Thread

Default Re: The 2012 MLB Thread

If the Pirates offered Gerrit Cole, the D-Backs would have to seriously consider it.

If they trade Upton because their ownership is impatient, we'll that's a different matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I don't think there's any way Bucs offer that considering how much less they could give up to get Carlos Quentin.

The San Francisco Giants VS The American League

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    The San Francisco Giants VS The American League
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    If the Pirates offered Gerrit Cole, the D-Backs would have to seriously consider it.

If they trade Upton because their ownership is impatient, we'll that's a different matter.
    It seems like the Diamondbacks want position players that can help by the start of next season at the latest. They still feel they can contend this year and next after the trade. They also want a third baseman that is major league ready, but the Pirates don't really have that. The Pirates do have a very deep farm system though. I wonder if the Pirates-Padres-and Dbacks could work out a three way deal where Headley, Alen Hansen, and Jonathan Galvez go to the Snakes, and Starling Marte and Brad Lincoln to the Padres and the Pirates get Upton. D-backs get help now at a position of need and shore up their middle infield for the future, Pirates get Upton by only giving up three pieces, and the Padres get an A prospect and a guy that can step in the closer role next year for Street.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post

Has this been mentioned as a possibility? I would be careful if I was Pittsburgh. Cole seems to be living up to his draft status.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Has this been mentioned as a possibility? I would be careful if I was Pittsburgh. Cole seems to be living up to his draft status.
    I think it's only been mentioned as what Arizona would be requiring in return for Upton. I don't think the Pirates have shown any genuine willingness to move him

Buster Olney suggests that the Braves could build a package around Martin Prado and a couple of pitching prospects to acquire Upton. Which kind of highlights the idea that they want to be able to attain a major league 3B in the deal.
    The White Stripes 9/18

mlb extra innings is free from now until July 19th, for those that didn't know

Thanks, buddy. I just tuned into the Pirates/Brewers game and saw Ryan Braun hit a game-tying homer in the 6th. His 2nd HR of the game. McCutchen is due up in the top half of the 7th.

Padres taking two out of three at The Latrine. Feels like the old days.

So far at Dodger Stadium this season I've witnessed a triple play and a steal of home. Pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

cubs have won 10 of their last 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Cool deal stat boy.

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    cubs have won 10 of their last 14
    rizzo has really jumpstarted this team. Once dempster is traded though it's going to be downhill. At least there fun to watch now

do the chop!

what a disappointing first two games of the braves/giants series. the first: a blowout where the braves looked like they gave up on the game after batting practice. then a great comeback to tie up the game in extra innings only to have it all slip away in another ugly 6-run inning. hopefully tomorrow's/today's day game will turn out differently
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

yesterday, instead of going to work, everyone went to the baseball stadium for a day game. some people took a big bus to get there from the office, but i drove since i live closer to the park. a few other people drove as well. the bus was late and they arrived in the third inning. i was really excited to go because i was going to get out of work and watch the pitching matchup. by the time the bus got there:

a. everyone who rode the bus was drunk
    b. 15 out of 25 people who rode the bus had edibles

they all ended up not sitting in our bleacher seats, but instead staying downstairs and getting hammered. none of them knew anything about baseball, either. they left after the seventh inning, when they stopped serving beer. i stayed for the whole game (with one other person) like the office nerd, but the game was awesome! i have no idea why they picked a baseball game as a team outing when clearly no one in my office likes baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    yesterday, instead of going to work, everyone went to the baseball stadium for a day game. some people took a big bus to get there from the office, but i drove since i live closer to the park. a few other people drove as well. the bus was late and they arrived in the third inning. i was really excited to go because i was going to get out of work and watch the pitching matchup. by the time the bus got there:

a. everyone who rode the bus was drunk
    b. 15 out of 25 people who rode the bus had edibles

they all ended up not sitting in our bleacher seats, but instead staying downstairs and getting hammered. none of them knew anything about baseball, either. they left after the seventh inning, when they stopped serving beer. i stayed for the whole game (with one other person) like the office nerd, but the game was awesome! i have no idea why they picked a baseball game as a team outing when clearly no one in my office likes baseball.
    Sounds like you missed out a little bit by not taking the bus. Your co-workers suck for leaving after the 7th inning though. I'm an Angel fan and I hate the Dodgers, but Kemp is a beast and that was a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Sounds like you missed out a little bit by not taking the bus. Your co-workers suck for leaving after the 7th inning though. I'm an Angel fan and I hate the Dodgers, but Kemp is a beast and that was a good game.
    Psh, I smoked before I went to the game because I figured they would be fucked up by the time they got there. My work is like a nerdy frat. I hate the Dodgers too (SF girl) but day baseball games can't be beat, no matter the team. There is something so perfect about being at a baseball park during the day, getting some sun & relaxing. The game was great. Kemp's walk-off was hit just a few rows in front of me. You can see me & a coworker sitting up at the very top of the bleachers in the shade (if you know what you're looking for) in the highlights.

also, 50% of our office is working from home today because they took the bus back to west hollywood and drank all afternoon & night until the bars closed.
    Last edited by casey; 07-19-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Psh, I smoked before I went to the game because I figured they would be fucked up by the time they got there. My work is like a nerdy frat. I hate the Dodgers too (SF girl) but day baseball games can't be beat, no matter the team. There is something so perfect about being at a baseball park during the day, getting some sun & relaxing. The game was great. Kemp's walk-off was hit just a few rows in front of me. You can see me & a coworker sitting up at the very top of the bleachers in the shade (if you know what you're looking for) in the highlights.

also, 50% of our office is working from home today because they took the bus back to west hollywood and drank all afternoon & night until the bars closed.
    Haha I probably would've done the same thing that your co-workers did. Once I start drinking during the day I literally won't stop until at least like 12 a.m., so I try not to day drink in the first place.

I'm more a pot smoker than a drinker anyway.

Psh, I smoked before I went to the game .
    I refuse to go to a baseball game with someone that has smoked before hand. It's incredibly boring and irritating watching baseball with someone that's high.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I Got it at Ross saved my team from a mostly dreadful day.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I refuse to go to a baseball game with someone that has smoked before hand. It's incredibly boring and irritating watching baseball with someone that's high.
    ha... you should go to a game w/ me.

first things first... epic comeback from the Braves last night. Biggest one in 25 years and a perfect way to start off a division series. Could be in first place by the end of the weekend.

Now for the reason i came in here..... does anyone on this board live in Atlanta....???

im willing to pay for someone and a friend to go to this game -
    August 16 vs. the San Diego Padres - Chipper Jones Bobblehead Night presented by Coca-Cola

I really want this Bobblehead and im super close to just flying to Atlanta since ive never been, and it would be one last chance to see Chipper play. But i figured id try and save some money and ask the favor first.

Please let me know,
    <3 CB

edit: BRAVES TAKE GAME ONE OF TODAY'S DBL HEADER...!!!! Only 1.5 back.....
    Ben Sheets has turned into a HUGE acquisition.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 07-21-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

anyone have an idea when was the last time both starting pitchers homered in the same game?

All Points Bulletin: Aces Missing

Any information pertaining to the whereabouts of these missing aces should be forwarded to GM@Redsox.org. Authorities are currently investigating possible identity theft crimes by two fried-chicken-eating bums participating in a nefarious impersonation hoax on Red Sox Nation.

Last edited by santasutt; 08-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    anyone have an idea when was the last time both starting pitchers homered in the same game?
    Matt Cain and Cole Hamels each homered in the 3rd inning -- The last time opposing pitchers homered in the SAME GAME was May 18, 2002 (Kevin Millwood of the Braves and Denny Stark of the Rockies). Millwood homered in the top of the 3rd. Stark homered in the bottom of the 4th -- The last time opposing pitchers homered IN THE SAME INNING was April 13, 1997. Carlos Perez of the Expos homered off Kevin Ritz of the Rockies in the top of the 5th inning. Darren Holmes relieved Ritz and homered against Perez in the bottom of the inning. -- The last time one pitcher homered off another in the top of an inning, and then the pitchers reversed roles in the bottom of the inning-- May 14, 1990-- Kevin Gross of the Expos homered against Fernando Valenzuela of the Dodgers in the top of the 3rd inning. Valenzuela than homered against Gross in the bottom of the 3rd inning.
    Last edited by dorkfish; 07-21-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    That's an incredibly broad generalization. And when was the last time you actually "refused" to go to a game with someone who was high?
    Last edited by casey; 07-23-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Ichiro to the Yankees. Good for him. Finally has a chance to actually win something.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town