Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonar 2012 and Off Sonar events

Default Re: Sonar 2012 and Off Sonar events

I wonder how long it will before my credit card gets frozen for suspicious activity with the constant international charges over the past week or two. (RA purchases are int'l).

I'll update the first post. I'm keeping off anything that doesn't have a lineup out.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Sounds good. Seriously, the sheer number of options is making my head spin.

It is crazy, right? This is kind of stupid yet confusing question I'm having. The events beginning at midnight - I count those as going from midnight to 5am or whatever of the date they are listed for, yeah? This could change some things for me and I need to be sure I'm doing it right. Looking at the schedule at first it's like, oh I can't do ______ because I'm already doing something else that night BUT now I have to remember it's the morning.... right? And if anything it will conflict with things I'm doing the night before...?
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Oh geez... I don't know. I was counting them as part of the night before, I guess.

I really want to try to jump around from party to party, but I feel like I have to see what Sonar by Night actually has on each of these nights (like... I don't want to miss Squarepusher!!). The whole thing is overwhelming, especially when I consider I will be in a strange city, with a language I don't really speak. Heh. At least the metro is easy to use and runs practically all night on weekends.

I do NOT want to miss Squarepusher either. I'm definitely going to Sonar by Night on Friday but I'm not sure about the other night or days yet.

Well, I'd really like to see Julio Bashmore on Saturday (since he has had visa problems when being booked in the US), LBS is supposedly amazing, there are a few other things...

Yes, I've heard great things about LBS but I haven't been able to really get into any of the recordings I've heard. Saturday night Sonar is still in the air - I gotta see when CLR will have their showcase and also what that East Ender lineup looks like.

Can I just reiterate how fucking nuts this is going to be?? I completely lost my shit at Creator's Project. Was sooo good.

This makes my skin crawl, but I mean that in the best way possible.

That song is AMAZING.

Ok so Hessle Audio show just got trumped. Will update the first post with the info received regarding East Ender for that night. That's where we will be for most of the night. CLR stage: Chris Liebing, Tommy Four Seven, Marcel Dettmann, Terence Fixmer (live), Brian Sanhaji (live) and a Loco Desolat showcase with Loco Dice & Marco Carola, and possibly a 3rd Visionquest stage. bah.

Man, Lilia, you are keeping that front page updated like it's your job. I ran in here with the Warehoused show lineup info only to see you have it.

Where can I get more info about East Ender? Their FB page is lacking...

Adam has emailed them to find out about pre-sales (he emailed CLR to get that lineup info).

edit: Raum posted on their fb that the lineups will be out this week so hopefully ticket info too. YAYAYAYA Man I cannot wait!
    Last edited by unknown; 04-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Holy Crap the week is getting VERY stacked.

I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed. I'm avoiding looking at any more after party info for a while, and am just going to watch Squarepusher videos all day.

BTW, I've been crawling through google searches, trying to figure out when the Sonar set times were announced last year, no luck. Knowing what time some key artists were playing would make decisions a little easier.

Here is my super tentative off sonar plan:
    Wed Jun 13 - Rejected vs. Saved @ Mac Arena Mar Beach Club (14:00-03:00) - If I have time & it's not too crowded. It's free.
    Wed Jun 13 - Ovum Showcase @ BLVD Culture Club (23:00-05:00) - Pretty excited about several of the acts on this one. Wink was great when I saw him earlier this year.
    Thu Jun 14 - Half Baked Rooftop Party @ Miramar Club (14:00-03:30) - Haven't gotten tickets for this one yet but really like the lineup. Will probably hold off and see if I can find out what time Max is playing at Warehoused. Seems like a fun thing to do in the early evening before the other parties get started.
    Thu Jun 14 - Classic Is Your Friend @ Blvd Culture Club (23:00-05:00) - The lineup changed on this one AFTER I bought my ticket (Prins dropped) but I would still like to try to catch some of this.
    Thu Jun 14 - Warehoused @ Mephisto (23:00-06:00) - Mostly going for Max, but would like to catch Deetron and Oliver $ too.
    Fri Jun 15 - Apollonia vs. Visionquest @ Mac Arena Mar Beach Club (12:00-03:00) - It's free, and this sounds fun.
    Fri Jun 15 - Innervisions @ EM (15:00-0:05) - Really hope this doesn't conflict with anything I desperately want to see at Sonar. Not too interested in another Tale of Us set, but Dixon, Todd Terje, Ame, and Henrik Schwarz? Sure. Apparently a new venue too. (El Monastario?)
    Sun Jun 17 - Get Physical Showcase @ Piscinas Municipales Montjuic (12:00-22:00) -

Kinda considering some of the Life & Death & Visionquest party on Thursday since it starts early (6PM). Lots of good names on that lineup.
    East Ender thursday also looks good. Would like to see Liebing, Dettman, Tommy Four Seven, Guti, Luna City Express.
    Thursday is too stacked.

I'd like to try to get to one of the Magda parties, even though those haven't worked out well for me up to this point. :P
    The Mobilee stuff looks fun too, would like to see Pan-Pot

Warehoused runs till 6am and Max told me that he is playing a 1 hour live closing set.

Interesting.. I wonder what crowds are like there, if it would be feasible to do something else for most of the night and then just show up there at like 4AM?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Interesting.. I wonder what crowds are like there, if it would be feasible to do something else for most of the night and then just show up there at like 4AM?
    totally feasible.

Raum posted this in regards to tickets selling out for a day of East Ender: the one day tickets can be used any day. uhhhh that seems like oversold/crowded trouble to me.

YAY for Hotflush Showcase on Saturday! I didn't have solid plans for that evening even though Apparat is playing a dj set (about 7 hours away).

edit: and the conflicts just keep adding up. Desolat party on Sunday is tempting. wah.
    Last edited by unknown; 05-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.

I hope you're able to make it!

Some of the Sonar stuff is appealing to me. There are a few acts on the Sonar by Day schedules that I'm not very familiar with, if I feel rested enough, I'm going to check some of that out, and I have to see Squarepusher.

There's an after party for that.

Trying to think of people I really want to see that *aren't* on - or off - Sonar.

Ok now I can finally start to have some sort of idea of who I will be able to catch! Schedule!
    http://www.sonar.es/en/2012/prg/sch/?day=1

How did I miss this?! Argh, I'm leaving for DEMF in 9 hours... something new to obsess over.

I leave on Thursday night. I still don't really know what I'm doing. So excited.

You can crash with me. I'm renting an apartment which has a sleeper sofa, I don't know yet whether I have keys or a door code yet, though, so getting in without me could be a little tricky.

Cool, same here, I'm not bringing my laptop so I'll mostly be email-only. I can't host a group because the building I'm in seems pretty quiet, but I know you're a calm person.

Lilia, Adam, and I, are the only ones I know of. I think there were a couple of other people from the board going, but no one I know personally.

That party at Be Cool looked great, I delayed on getting pre-sales and they're sold out now. Not sure if they are doing tickets at the door. But Lilia and I will be at this that night anyway:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?357082

The scheduling of the numerous after parties and actual Sonar events has my head spinning.

I'm leaving Barcelona on the morning of the 18th, pretty sure I'm going to Provence for the remainder of the week but have nothing at all planned yet.

I'm definitely going to Sonar by night on Friday. John Talabot and Squarepusher are my main two draws for this. Trying to reconcile that with my need to also be at Innervisions. And I plan on going to some of Thursday and Saturday's official events, just not sure how much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LooseAtTheZoo View Post
    Thursday - Four Tet/Ben Ufo/Pearson Sound/Pangaea
    Gah. I'm super bummed about this conflicting with the CLR showcase at East Ender. I have 2 tickets for this show so let me know if you want them... although now that I think about it, you'll probably need to show the cc at the door

Do I know you, btw? Is this gonsh?

We don't have any solid plans for Saturday, either. Sunday we are going to this and site seeing around Montjuic - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?362701
    Monday we will probably be hitting this up:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?367186

And the only Sonar event I'm going to is Friday night. holy shit I am so excited.
    Last edited by unknown; 06-06-2012 at 03:58 PM.

I'm *probably* going to go to some Sonar events each day, just not sure how much yet. Friday I'll be there all night I think.