Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bestival 2012

Default Re: Bestival 2012

Well, guess I'll be on youtube that whole weekend. I was just gonna wait for anything that was broadcast on bbc, but I wonder if theyll even bother since its going to be streaming.

Really looking forward to the webcast!

I sure hope David Icke is in that webcast.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

A few of my friends paid to get their tickets upgraded to VIP. Their standard ticket turned up the next day and the vip ticket a few days later. So they've now all ended up with 2 Bestival tix.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Possible those original tickets have been cancelled though, right?

It is, and a long way to go to find that out.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Webcast schedule is up:
    http://www.youtube.com/bestivaltv
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Nice. I can get youtube at work too. Score.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

So who else is watching? Bat for Lashes and Little Dragon have been brilliant. Saw a little New Order last night and it was better than I expected. Can't wait for Sigur Ros.

Just saw a sign for La Grande Bouffe. Right across from the main stage. Oh man.
    Last edited by Boourns; 09-09-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Fucking sucks no sigur ros stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Did they pull it off the schedule?

Yep.

I saw two Joy Division songs from New Order and turned it off. That was painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Must attend this festival next year....

Orbital sound great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    "sigur rós would like to apologise to anyone disappointed not to see the band's bestival performance live online last night. early in the day a decision had been made to delay broadcast till after the show to give the band a chance to review the footage ahead of webcast, since they were dismayed that their guaranteed "darkness" slot had been pushed into daylight by the expansive demands of the headliner. the band's only uk show of the year, this would-be highlight of the 2012 calendar, would have to be conducted without proper lights or visuals. sadly then, a perfect storm of production issues and technical problems conspired to mean that the band went on to have a thoroughly miserable experience on stage too. and to spare everyone's blushes a decision was made to draw a discrete veil over proceedings. sorry, but we can be so much better than what you missed. another time, for sure." - Sigur Ros

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Oddly, my friends have nothing but good stuff to say about the performance.

Shitty Sigur Ros performance > Most bands good performances.

Yeah, Sigur Ros shows are god tier.

First headliner for 2013 to be announced on Saturday.

Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode Please be Depeche Mode
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Yeah, Sigur Ros shows are god tier.

First headliner for 2013 to be announced on Saturday.
    Nice! Is it normal for Bestival to release their first headliner so early?

I think Rob sort of ascribes to the philosophy that he's going to announce things as soon as he is able.