Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bestival 2012

Default Re: Bestival 2012

http://2012.bestival.net/news/bestival-gives-you-more

A bunch of adds today. Summer Camp, Kate Nash, Dan Le Sac, Scroobius Pip, and what could be the ultimate acid test...

Finally, we’re very pleased indeed to be able to announce that controversial author and public speaker, David Icke will be conducting one of his world-famous talks in the Ambient Forest. Notorious for his contentious views and conspiracy theories, his vast array of hypothesis and philosophies aren’t always as outlandish as you might think and we heartily recommend keeping an open mind and checking out what he’s got to say.
    Fancy dress as your favorite reptilian?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

ah bring this festival to the US! Sounds like a perfect festival to me. Why can't US learn something from awesome European festivals....

Best European festivals 2012 (not in any particular order)
    1) Bestival
    2) Bloc
    3) Primavera
    4) ATP I'll Be Your Mirror UK

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

ARG every time there's an update it reminds me that we can't go to this festival this year, and that lineup is just effing sick.

BESTIVAL 2013!
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I worry that next year's lineup won't be as good.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

So do I. But I'm willing to bet money that DM is going to be one of the headliners next year.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The lineup has been great every year that I've looked at it. I'm not too worried about that. I think next year is either Bestival or Bloc for me.

Bit worrying that David Icke is speaking at Bestival this year. Would be bit like having Glenn Beck speak at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Its not that bad. It could be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

It's like a Coachooser, but not really:
    http://2012.bestival.net/news/my-bes...stival-line-up

From Rob da Bank:
    Sunday night @bestival is Stevie Wonder headlining, Sigur Ros on before and then this lady (Bat for Lashes) before them
    And after that's Orbital in the tent. Perfect night, much?

*sigh

My only consolation is that we're in for 2013. Both Depeche Mode and Arcade Fire are releasing albums next year, neither have played Bestival before, and both are on the 'most requested headliners' Bestival fan list each year. And we know Rob doesn't like to get repeat headliners.

If DM and AF both headline next year, I will, quite literally, shit myself.

I love the lineup this year, but there was just no way that I could swing the trip this year. I really want to go in 2013.

We will start putting together a Coachella Invasion crew when the 2013 dates are announced.

Stage orders are in here, too. Go from top to bottom.
    Last edited by Boourns; 08-22-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty clever.

Little Dragon->Bat For Lashes->Sigur Ros->Stevie Wonder...when was the last time a main stage somewhere had a sequence this good? Saturday Coachella 2008?

I'd say so.

I just read this:

"Forum regulars will no doubt remember the Sunday Best Forum Allstars - a bunch of internet geeks from this very forum with no DJ skills whatsoever who somehow got booked to open the whole of Bestival in the Big Top a couple of years back and managed to (just about) pull it off and get some heads bobbing and dancing going off in the afternoon.

2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ix8ictnQPY

2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfcdtcUksU Empty tent to rammed in just a few mins !

Well this year the Sunday Best Forum Allstars will be back again with a 'special' DJ set for anyone who has put a message on this forum.

It won't be a big set this time - it's in The Wishing Tree around 7pm on Sunday - so its a tiny venue with limited capacity.

Obviously the majority of you will probably be watching the likes of Bat For Lashes or Sigur Ros at that time, but if you do fancy coming down to meet myself and forum regular / legend Dave D we'll be bringing a slimmed down version of the 'Allstars magic' to you then.

We're fully expecting an empty venue so any support will be much appreciated.

No idea what we're gonna play yet, but knowing Dave D expect some dirty rude electronic tunes and a few crowd pleasers and I migyt play anything from Christmas themed songs to brand new glitchy blog pop. We'll probably make it up as we go along ! Expect no beat matching, no mixing skills whatsoever but as usually a certain poetic beauty and the spirit of bestival transferred from us to you through Dj decks.

ps: Alas other forum allstars such as Ace Ventura (forum campsite organiser) and Paul TM won't be with us this time as this is a slimmed down smaller scale operation this time (although they will be on site) - but hopefully they'll be back with us at some other event - watch this space!
    "
    I mean seriously, that's fucking awesome. There are DJ's on this board that are more talented than some of the horseshit they booked in the Sahara this year. Paul needs to book a CMB collective.

They could brign the dome back and have em perform there.

Arcadia brought fire tornadoes and mushroom clouds to Boomtown. Bestival, too?

I like the board dj collective idea.

And, for us considering a visit next year: Bestival tickets sold out today. Has it ever before? Will next year sell out faster as a result?

It has sold out before, and earlier than this. It is only a week before the event. How late are you planning on buying them?
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Well, consider how sometimes a festival selling out one year leads to it selling much faster the following year.

Festival sales are slowing down, if anything, in the UK. A lot of them are going broke. Both V and Reading had ticket availability up until the events this year. Glasto will put further strain on the competition next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Well, consider how sometimes a festival selling out one year leads to it selling much faster the following year.
    What Chris said. And the festival landscape in europe is going the wrong way in Europe, while in the u.s. its going up.

Frank, I doubt it will sell out quickly but you could always try for an early bird ticket if you are concerned. They offer a payment plan with that but you really don't save a whole lot of money buying a year in advance. Adam and I are still committed to going next year. Are we (not sure who is going other than Frank, Rick, and Jen... Jon & Monique maybe?), anyway, are we going to try to all camp in the same area, rent something together, or just do general camping? I would like to stay in one of the camp areas that are not in general camping.

Chris, will you go next year if we all make the trek?
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Who are Jon and Monique?

We are definitely going to have to go with a yurt rental or something. We don't want to travel with camping equipment, and staying in the VIP areas will allow us access to the nice showers and loos. Also, we're planning on heading over to Europe early and hit another country. Might head to Rome or Belgium/Amsterdam before we go. I'd like to do a Belgain brewery tour.

I don't think we'll do the early bird tickets, but I know they go on sale almost immediately after Bestival ends. We'll probably wait a bit before buying them (have to get through the holidays first).

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Frank, I doubt it will sell out quickly but you could always try for an early bird ticket if you are concerned. They offer a payment plan with that but you really don't save a whole lot of money buying a year in advance. Adam and I are still committed to going next year. Are we (not sure who is going other than Frank, Rick, and Jen... Jon & Monique maybe?), anyway, are we going to try to all camp in the same area, rent something together, or just do general camping? I would like to stay in one of the camp areas that are not in general camping.

Chris, will you go next year if we all make the trek?
    I may well do - got offered a comp VIP for this year, but too short notice to get the time off work.

Ask for a few VIP comps for next year and pass it on.

FUCK. YES.

Bestival is to become the first UK festival to be streamed live on YouTube, including headline sets by Florence + The Machine and New Order, the organisers have announced.

The Isle of Wight music festival has teamed up with the internet video site to provide live coverage of the main and big top stages during the event which runs from September 7 to 9.

Other bands on the internet stream will be The xx, Friendly Fires, Two Door Cinema Club, Emeli Sande, Bat For Lashes, Orbital, Miike Snow and Azealia Banks.

Bestival curator and Radio 1 DJ Rob da Bank said: "I've been watching festivals such as Coachella and Tomorrowland on YouTube and loving the futuristic new angle on showing festivals in a different light via a medium that nearly everyone in the music and festival worlds is tuned into.

"We're really pleased that Bestival is the first UK festival to go down this route."

After the event, individual songs will be available on demand for 90 days on youtube.com/user/bestivaltv.

Ben Turner, a director of Bestival, said: "Following our pioneering coverage in 3D last year, Bestival is proud to now be the first UK festival to live stream to YouTube.

"This type of music and festival is being under-served by mainstream TV in the UK, and we believe that it's an important step forward for music coverage overall. We also believe this approach is reflective of how today's audiences want to consume music at home."

Patrick Walker, senior director of YouTube Music, Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: "As the premiere destination for music lovers worldwide, YouTube has been working hard to expand our offering of live gigs and festivals to satisfy the hunger for great original content."

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    FUCK. YES.
    Good thing Becca & Andy can watch Youtube on their TV since we're gonna be at their house while this is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.