Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bestival 2012

Default Re: Bestival 2012

le sigh. Maybe we'll just plan better and go next year. Supposedly, Depeche is a sho-in for a headliner next year.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie

New Order, Sigur Ros, Orbital, and Gary Numan all at the same festival.

Life really isn't fair sometimes.

Bestival's Rob da Bank: 'Lots of people have correctly guessed who our third headliner is'

Responding to a question about whether he had secured a third headliner, da Bank said: "The third headliner is done and dusted, but we're going to wait a while to announce them. There's quite a lot of people who've guessed right about who it is on our message boards, but I won't say anymore than that."
    http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/62831

Gotta be Florence + the Machine since that's what most people on the boards agree on and he has yet to outright deny it via twitter, and he does that a lot.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

I agree. So painful we're not going to make it, but we're committed to saving money and going in 2013.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That's when I wanna go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

This fest looks freaking amazing!!
    8/07 LaMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    That's when I wanna go back!
    Count Mo and I in too! Definitely planning on going to a festival out of the country next year.

Count me in as a maybe for 2013.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Oh wow, if we can get a nice crew together for 2013 it will be awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I have a few ideas in mind, but am currently leaning towards Bestival. Guess I'll have a better idea when lineups start leaking.

This would do

I'm 99% sure DM will be one of the headliners next year.

We're starting saving now so we can afford one of those big luxury yurt thingies.

Can I stay in the yurt thingy too?

I'm looking at past set times and it seems the two biggest Big Top acts of the day play after the headliner, which would help immensely with conflicts. Sigur Ros->Stevie Wonder->Orbital would be a great Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Can I stay in the yurt thingy too?
    Just don't bother me or talk too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I'm looking at past set times and it seems the two biggest Big Top acts of the day play after the headliner, which would help immensely with conflicts. Sigur Ros->Stevie Wonder->Orbital would be a great Sunday night.
    Yeah...it hurts. New Order, Orbital, Stevie, Soulwax....sigh.

To anyone waiting for more @Bestival acts there will be an alternative acts announce nxt wk and fri headline in may. Tix goin v fast

The alternative announce next week @Bestival will focus on swamp shack, ambient forest, wishing tree, club dada, polka.. Micro venue mania

Stevie is a guaranteed great time. Would also be fun to see Orbital with an enthused local crowd.

Apparently Rob Da Bank asks Daft Punk every year, so if they ever get it together, I'm sure Bestival would be a stop on the tour.

Didn't Stevie and Orbital conflict at Glastonbury? That was a bummer. Orbital was great though. Pretty decently sized crowd, and people are still *really* into their songs.

I know it's a long ways off, but I've been thinking about possible headliners.

2007: Beastie Boys, Primal Scream, The Chemical Brothers
    2008: My Bloody Valentine, Amy Winehouse, Underworld
    2009: Massive Attack, Elbow, Kraftwerk
    2010: The Flaming Lips, Dizzee Rascal, The Prodigy
    2011: The Cure, Bjork, Pendulum
    2012: Stevie Wonder, Florence + the Machine, New Order

Seems to be a pattern here. If Depeche Mode is a shoo-in for 2013, then they'd be the legacy act. Dance act? Daft Punk if they're ready, but if not then The Chemical Brothers haven't played in a while. As for the third, something the kids love, like Mumford and Sons, but hopefully anyone but them.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Didn't Stevie and Orbital conflict at Glastonbury? That was a bummer. Orbital was great though. Pretty decently sized crowd, and people are still *really* into their songs.
    Yes, they did. I had a great time at Stevie. He sounded spot-on and great vibes all around. But it was ridiculously crowded, so part of me wishes I had gone with Orbital.

I read that he asks the Knife to play every year too. They have about the same chance at grabbing them as Coachella does considering Karin did both the last time through.

Someone asked Rob this year if Depeche was playing and he said "Nope...not this year...winkyface". Sounds like he's going to shoot for them next year. Plus, it makes sense because they've never done Bestival before.

I know they get asked by both every year, but I really think Bestival is more likely than Coachella, if they do any festivals at all.

John Talabot, Jamie XX and Kwes were added.
    8/07 LaMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre

I think I am going to attend this festival next year. I have always wanted to do an eurofest and Bestival seems very doable. I am a totally wimp when it comes to camping, but the tangerine fields option should work for me.

It is either this or Iceland Airwaves for me next year. If Bestival has a killer lineup, then that.

Final headliner for @Bestival will be announced around midnight tonight..and will complete the 'big' acts line up.. Stay tuned

Flo and the Machine confirmed for the Friday headliner. No big surprise there. ALso added Miike Snow.

Still bummed I'm going to miss this fucking amazing lineup. Fingers crossed for an equally amazing one next year. I'm committed to going and yurting it up.

Area maps are up. Holy shit, there are a lot of things to do there.

http://2012.bestival.net/areas#stardust-field

Great animations. Its probably the same in real life.