Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bestival 2012

Hybrid View

Default Bestival 2012

September 6 - 9 at Robin Hill, Isle of Wight UK

http://www.bestival.net

Some acts announced this morning. No headliners yet.

Sigur Ros
    Hot Chip
    Orbital
    Justice
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Azealia Banks
    Doom
    Subfocus
    Earth Wind and Fire
    Cuban Brothers
    Buraka Som Sistema
    Little Dragon
    2:54
    The xx
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Soulwax
    2 Many djs
    Major lazer
    Warpaint
    Sister Sledge
    The Horrors
    Spritiualized
    Gary Numan
    Nero
    Emeli Sande
    De La Soul
    Kevin Saunderson feat Inner City Live
    Gallows
    Experience feat Al McKay
    Rizzle Kicks
    Bellowhead
    Adam Ant And The Good The Mad And The Lovely Posse
    Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
    Chas & Dave
    Dub Pistols
    The Japanese Popstars
    Rob da Bank
    Four Tet (DJ Set) + Caribou (DJ Set) b2b
    2 Bears
    RAM JAM
    Claude Von Stroke
    Justin Martin & Eats Everything
    Francois Kevorkian
    DJ Yoda
    Maya Jane Coles
    Scuba
    LTJ Bukem
    Plastician
    Greg Wilson
    Scratch Perverts
    James Preistley & Giles Smith
    Oneman
    Jackmaster
    Jaguar Skills,
    Last edited by suprefan; 02-08-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Default Re: Bestival 2012

Little Dragon and Earth, Wind, and Fire WIN
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.

Jesus, New Order. We're pretty much set on going; we just can't afford to buy tickets until after Coachella (hello, nice fat IRS bill). I can't imagine who the other headliners are, but they're clearly tailoring this festival to both of our musical tastes.

Lilia--I did notice the schedule issue as well. Kind of shitty they don't give you the set times in advance so you can map out your stuff. But whatever, I guess.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Still need to make it here. The lineup is always so fantastic and diverse. Truely seems like a magnificent experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kropladop View Post
    Little Dragon and Earth, Wind, and Fire WIN
    I have said it before, and I will say it again..... Earth, Wind and Fire is long overdue at coachella
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Great to see the Sigur Ros name

We’ve delved even deeper into the Ambient Forest this year and are very excited to be presenting a brand new performance stage: The Amphitheatre. Nestled under a canopy of trees, this beautiful spot will be home to a host of eclectic treats, from live film scores, to comedy sketch shows, to theatre and poetry.

In the daytime we’ll be showcasing a vast array of the very best spoken word maestros in Scroobius Pip’s Lizard Lounge sessions. We’ve also got some seriously funny sketch groups unleashing their hilarity for our chortling pleasure. In Max & Ivan are Holmes & Watson, history’s greatest detective tackles Chicago’s mobster underworld in this thrilling escapade! Next up are The Unexpected, the creators of the hugely popular YouTube sensation ‘Gap Yah’. And then there’s Four Screws Loose: officially the tallest (not to mention the sexiest) sketch comedy group on the circuit!

In the theatrical offerings, we have the delightful Owdyado Theatre, presenting ‘About A Bench’, a funny, surreal and playful show of ten stories taking place on a park bench. Then newcomers Soundbites will be bringing some of the most hotly tipped theatre makers and musicians face to face to create new short plays that feature live music on stage. Kinda like a live music video. But better. And for mind expanding musings, don’t miss our series of talks from the mighty RSA, who will be presenting ideas and thoughts from some of the leading enlightened thinkers of our time.

As night falls, we’ll be turning to the silver screen. In a first for Bestival, we’ll be teaming up leading DJs and musicians with a handpicked selection of your favourite films, to offer some brilliantly unique live score cinematic collaborations. Rob da Bank will be leading the way with an unmissable re-scoring of the 1930s film King Kong.

And that’s not all that’s going on in the Ambient Forest. Back by popular demand, you can start your day in a secluded clearing in the woods, with a very special meditation or yoga session, presented by leading experts, the David Lynch Foundation. And if you are wandering around after dark, look out for the extraordinarily talented interactive theatre company Gideon Reeling, who’ll be popping up along the trails when you least expect it! Already firm favourites at Camp Bestival, prepare to be enchanted, surprised, enlightened and bewildered by your assortment of encounters with this fabulous gang.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

after a break of over three years, sigur rós are going to be touring again in 2012.

this morning we’re delighted to announce that on the 9th of september, sigur rós will play at Bestival festival on the isle of wight in england. it’ll be their only show in the uk in 2012. information about the festival and tickets are available via our tour page.
    wow, that's quite a get.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

fuck a headliner. lineup is stacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I talked to a co-worker yesterday that is in town from London; she's been to Bestival herself and said she had the best time; also that the Isle of Wight is "lovely". I'm wondering if I can cargo ship my camping equipment to her so I don't have to pay to rent anything.

Pretty much

Goddamn that's a tasty lineup. American festivals, take notes
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    Goddamn that's a tasty lineup. American festivals, take notes
    bestival kills it every year. definitely the first euro fest i'll make it to.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Excellent lineup so far. I still regret not making it for the year Beasties played 2 sets and Chemical Brothers headlined
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Man, this is painful. I hope it works out so we can go. Not looking so good right now.

Area maps are up. Holy shit, there are a lot of things to do there.

http://2012.bestival.net/areas#stardust-field

Still one of the best festivals I've ever been to. Their lineup never disappoints. The amount of effort they go through to produce such an incredible vibe is amazing and I wish more festivals would go to the same extremes.
    Some of the new additions to 2012:

Film is coming to Bestival in 2012 New for 2012 are the Lost Picture Show – a vintage cinema to take you back to the golden age of movie going, plus Rob da Bank will be rescoring the 1930s original of King Kong at the brand new Amphitheatre performance space in the Woods with more film collaborations to be announced soon.

Soul Park Our new and expanded Healing Area will feature unique spaces for yoga, massage, relaxation, hammocks and meditation with the David Lynch Foundation, plus wood-burning Scandinavian hot tubs and a sauna area. Perfectly calm for when you just need to relax a little and refresh to get your positive energy recharged.

Arcadia Mechanical Cabaret Not content with having invented the crazy mechanical spider that spits flames and has scared the living pants off us at the last few Bestis, Arcadia have now trawled the world for brand new structures and insane fire art to wow us with, much of it from Burning Man.

Young British Foodies We’ve got the country’s finest young chefs, street food vendors, bakers and mixologists all under one roof! Winners of the nationwide search for the most talented Young British Foodies will be joined by the YBF all-star foodie judges to create a never-been-done-before, spectacular eating experience.

More camping space Yes we may not be expanding on capacity onsite cos we know we’re the right size but we will be creating much more space for you… check out this aerial picture which attempts to show you all the new land we’ve taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. That's a fucking nice lineup.

Is anyone thinking of going to this?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is anyone thinking of going to this?
    I'd consider it if this was a Sigur Ros one off or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

I say six of us go in on hiring Beryl the Bus to stay in. Three bedrooms, a toilet, a kitchen, and located in VIP.

http://www.thebespokebus.co.uk/?page_id=4

Good to see some more concrete evidence that Sigur Ros will be playing shows this year. The lineup is ok. Sigur Ros and Spiritualized excite me. I'm sure some of the additons will be really good, as well.

It's 3600GBP. NVM.

ARG every time there's an update it reminds me that we can't go to this festival this year, and that lineup is just effing sick.

BESTIVAL 2013!

THATS FINE TOMMY I DON'T WANT TO GO WITH YOU ANYWAYS

I guess it's the only show they're doing in the UK. Maybe it's a one off before as 2013 tour.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

I just don't know, and won't know until at least this summer, if this festival is a viable option for us.

Well, I'm sure they'll tour the States sometime this year. They've played the Marquee a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Well, I'm sure they'll tour the States sometime this year. They've played the Marquee a couple of times.
    I want RED ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    I want RED ROCKS
    I'm there if that happens (again).

le sigh. Maybe we'll just plan better and go next year. Supposedly, Depeche is a sho-in for a headliner next year.