Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

Default Re: Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

If this is true I think EDC is a more likely booking than Bonnaroo. If I'm not mistaken I saw something posted somewhere regarding them playing EDC, but I think it was one of those sites that always claims to have lineup info and isn't always reliable. Either way I still see them at EDC before Bonaroo if this festival really has them.

Default Re: Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

Guarantee the guy who posted the screenshots took the screenshot, photoshopped that pic of Daft Punk onto the web page, and voila! it would be super easy. I'm sure this event is happening and Skrillex, Wolfgang, etc. are playing but not daft punk, according to this Pitchfork they are just getting started on work on their next album and therefore I don't see any daft punk shows until 2013 at the soonest

http://pitchfork.com/news/45348-daft...for-new-album/
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

I think Coachella 2013 is more logical than June 2012. They owe GV a favor or two so I'd be shocked if GV didn't get some exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    I think Coachella 2013 is more logical than June 2012. They owe GV a favor or two so I'd be shocked if GV didn't get some exclusivity.
    And why exactly do they owe Golden Voice a favor or two?

You guys are gullible as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by daneskiiiz View Post
    And why exactly do they owe Golden Voice a favor or two?
    I can't share

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

The fact that React Presents is re-tweeting Skrillex I think s a decent indication that he is indeed playing this new festival. So my question is, if he was on that website and Daft Punk was also on that Web Site doesn't it seem a bit logical that Daft Punk might also possibly just perhaps be playing this festival as well?

Skrillex @Skrillex
    Yo LA im playn this crazy preGrammy party with @atrak @diplo n @DILLONFRANCIS on Saturday. Last LA show for a while wantickets.com/Events/ShowEve…
    Retweeted by react
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Except for Daft Punk not playing
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

In all seriousness, why would images of Skrillex, Wolfgang Gartner and Daft Punk all be on that site and have pretty much a confirmation that Wolfgang is playing and everyone agrees that Skrillex will be there but not Daft Punk? Who else could they get to fill that stadium? Why does it seem so far fetched?

SOMEBODY QUICK LIST ALL THE REASONS WHY DAFT PUNK IS SO FAR FETCHED
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    SOMEBODY QUICK LIST ALL THE REASONS WHY DAFT PUNK IS SO FAR FETCHED
    1. "Because they're supposed to be at Coachella and I can't grasp the fact that someone else got them"
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Retweeting skrillex = skrillex confirmed for festival yet to be confirmed
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    1. "Because they're supposed to be at Coachella and I can't grasp the fact that someone else got them"
    ding, ding, ding!!!

Unless React is putting on this preshow thing that Skrillex is at(which they are not) , the only other reason I can think of as to why they would retweet it is to build a buzz about Skrillex and their upcoming fest.

I hope skrillex womps so hard you fall into lake Michigan

Though, in your defense, it's not as though there is already precedent for websites popping up claiming daft punk was playing tour dates that turned out to be completely false.

I could give 2 shits about Skrillex and if the whole Daft Punk this does indeed end up being false, I more than likely won't go. Don't really know about the other websites claiming to have Daft Punk.

EDM festivals, the new version of Jam Band festivals.

Lots of annoying people, same acts over and over again, epic rumored headliners that never emerge from fairytale status, about a billion of them scheduled a year, there is always a portion of the audience who is super stoked, another portion who is super skeptical, another portion that only goes to hang with their friends, another portion that only goes to get wasted and remembers nothing of the experience, etc.

^^ Not to far from what Coachella is. Just change a billion to 2 and you have described Coachella, especially this years lack luster headliners.

Yeah, whats up with Saturday's headliner? They belong in the Gobi
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Every day this board gets stupider and stupider. It's no wonder that PF abandoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Every day this board gets stupider and stupider. It's no wonder that PF abandoned it.
    She now trolls under Mau5 Boyz
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    ^^ Not to far from what Coachella is. Just change a billion to 2 and you have described Coachella, especially this years lack luster headliners.
    lackluster headliners?

iz thez futurez ofz musicz coachellaz festivalz andz youz

dontz beeez scaredzzz

imz thez mayanz apocalypsezz

I think they are making an announcement tonight. Website is down and they Tweeted the following.

react @reactpresents
    We suggest staying up past your usual bedtime tonight....

I will say this, it was a great marketing scheme they pulled there to get some buzz about this fest. No Daft Punk, but still pretty good.

Get your Groupon Here - http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-spri...eact?dl=d47388. EDIT-SOLD OUT
    Last edited by shotglass75; 02-22-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Also...

Felix Cartal! Fuck me.... FUCK! CVS.....man.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Fuck. I was starting to get in the planning mood for this too.

hahaaaa you fools
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths